Walking Dead Season 2

Young Wolf

I'd settle for a pick-ax. You need something that can hit outside of biting range, penetrate the skull, and has some weight behind it.

I don't think that was it - he still seems clueless about how zombies are made.

He managed to identify it in the blood, though, and he took blood samples from all the members of Rick's group when they came in.

He managed to identify it in the blood, though, and he took blood samples from all the members of Rick's group when they came in.

Hmm, that's true, but I was hoping for a more dramatic way to find out that they'll all turn into zombies anyway. Maybe even this season, who knows?

Well they keep teasing about it, between the unbitten cops and near suicide. At this point I think it will be Shane after Rick or someone finally kills him. I noticed that in this episode, during his fight with Rick, he saw his reflection where he looked like a Walker. Now, the symbolism here seemed simple, even heavy handed, but maybe this was actually some subtle foreshadowing. The walker in the field could be this as well.

(null)

I haven't read the comics, and I tore through this thread pretty quickly, so apologies if this has been said.

But Randall (The kid with the hurt leg) probably went to college with Maggie (Is that her name?). Maggie talks about coming back from college one weekend when the blonde sister (the suicidal one) was younger, and how the little sister found the birth control pills... that indicates to me that Maggie had been in college longer than just a few months before the breakout.

And I don't know about you, but I would have just left Randall there in town in the first place. Rick kills two of their men in the bar, then Herschell shoots that guy who gets his face eaten off (ew), so why do they decide to feel compassion for a kid who (stupidly) jumped off the roof onto a pointy iron fence?

Yeah, I didn't get that either. Rick says something about him just being a kid, IIRC, so that's all we have to go on. The fact that he cared so much about a this random stranger who was shooting at them was a little bit of a jarring note.

I like watching Rick struggle with his attempt to keep his old world (pre-zombie) humanity in a world in which is now without laws and the only the strong will survive type attitude.

Hence why he saved the kid, with the "He's just a kid" comment, and now has him tied up and blindfolded in the back of his car about to leave him alone...which he knows will surely end in the kid's death.

I'm sure he's wondering if there are any other groups left out there that have any sort of moral compass that's even close to his. And it is probably why he's having such a hard time committing to leaving the farm as he's found someone in Hershel that has a lot of the same values as he does, and he can trust Hershel.

Granted I say all this never having read any of the comics, but I'm basing my comments entirely by what the show has given us.

I'm sure he's wondering if there are any other groups left out there that have any sort of moral compass that's even close to his.

You had that group back in Atlanta that was parading as a streetgang, but was actually shielding a group of carehome patients. Plus Herschel's group. So far they've come across more "good guy" survivors than bad.

What is prevailing theory on what the Doctor at the CDC told Rick, and how could it relate to the bloodtests?

My thoughts were either that:

a) He told Rick that Lori was pregnant...and maybe included the fact that it was Shane's baby?

b ) He told Rick that everyone carries the virus.

I don't know what other people think about it.

ETA: got rid of the B)

My thoughts were either that:

a) He told Rick that Lori was pregnant...and maybe included the fact that it was Shane's baby?

b ) He told Rick that everyone carries the virus.

I don't know what other people think about it.

ETA: got rid of the B)

I would tend to think it'd be b )

Why would he test whose baby it was? And wouldn't the paternity test take DNA testing? which I doubt he'd do. Besides, I think the way it affected Rick seemed to indicate more widespread consequences to humanity as a whole, and not just Rick personally.

ETA: Shoot. I did it too!

The guy who plays Rick is British , so maybe they will have David Morrissey do a US accent. Though I suspected that wont be the case.

Maggie is also British.

Without some origin story for the Governer, I would imagine he'd have to have a native accent, or it may seem out of sinc- a bit like a bunch of Philly boys being that far South, though I get in those circumstances, people would be roaming all over from all over to find a safe haven.

You had that group back in Atlanta that was parading as a streetgang, but was actually shielding a group of carehome patients. Plus Herschel's group. So far they've come across more "good guy" survivors than bad.

That was really refreshing. I've always questioned the assumption that criminals would thrive in a post-Zombie Apocalypse environment, particularly since sociopathic behavior could get you cast out on your own pretty quickly.

I would tend to think it'd be b )

Why would he test whose baby it was? And wouldn't the paternity test take DNA testing? which I doubt he'd do. Besides, I think the way it affected Rick seemed to indicate more widespread consequences to humanity as a whole, and not just Rick personally.

ETA: Shoot. I did it too!

I'm inclined to agree with you.

I'm inclined to agree with you.

I wondered briefly if perhaps if there was an anomaly in Ricks blood that might have been a clue to resistance.

Forgive me if I don't remember this correctly, but did Rick die in the Hospital?

Isn't that why Shane was trying hear his heart?

If he came back, and not a zombie or if he didn't die at all, but didn't get infected by the virus while he was well exposed, then maybe Rick is different.

Kind of how the Black Death didn't actually infect everyone during it's time.

I'm trying to think back to the CDC episode... But it seemed like Rick was told something that he didn't want to acknowledge and decided to just keep up the hope of living.

But the scientist guy also explicitly tested for the zombie virus. Why would he do that if he knew everyone was infected anyway?

Maybe he did tell him Lori was pregnant. That would show up in a blood test but I don't know if it would fit the timeline. I mean you can test positive for pregnancy like 4 days before the first missed period. It kinda seemed like more than a month had gone by since they left the CDC so I would think Lori would have noticed sooner.

Any theories?

Archived