Walking Dead Season 2

Young Wolf

The pr

Continuing on the Walking Dead discussion...

Not sure if you folks watch the Talking Dead show after...but this last one, with Dave Navarro. Well, I officially really hate Dave Navarro now. He's a jackhole.

The previous dude wasn't much better though. Just take Kevin Smith off that horrible Pawn Stars rip off show he's got featuring the comic book store Smith is partial owner of and put him on Talking Dead as permanent host, at this point it's be a lateral career move for him at worst.

Just take Kevin Smith off that horrible Pawn Stars rip off show he's got featuring the comic book store Smith is partial owner of and put him on Talking Dead as permanent host

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Kevin Smith should not be allowed to talk for extended periods of time. No matter what he starts talking about - in 5 minutes it turns into one endless long rant.. on... whatever the fuck he feels like talking endelessly about this week (which in the end always comes down to weed, his wife & Marty Mc-no-fly joke)

I thought the "talking dead" was a derogatory term for the lack of momentum in season 2. I didn't realise it was a supplemental show :)

It's both. I actually liked a lot about the first half of Season Two, but it was admittedly much slower than Season One. That said, I'm not sure how it could have been remedied. Maybe they could have compressed the whole "farm arc" down to 3-4 episodes, but then you'd have to introduce another story in the last 2-3 episodes of the half season.

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Kevin Smith should not be allowed to talk for extended periods of time. No matter what he starts talking about - in 5 minutes it turns into one endless long rant.. on... whatever the fuck he feels like talking endelessly about this week (which in the end always comes down to weed, his wife & Marty Mc-no-fly joke)

I like Kevin Smith but this is kind of true about him. But people still pay to listen to him. :lol:

It's both. I actually liked a lot about the first half of Season Two, but it was admittedly much slower than Season One. That said, I'm not sure how it could have been remedied. Maybe they could have compressed the whole "farm arc" down to 3-4 episodes, but then you'd have to introduce another story in the last 2-3 episodes of the half season.

I think the real answer here is that they shouldn't have made a 8-10 episode season into 13. I know there needed to be a few episodes of searching for the girl for there to be a bit more punch to barn opening but it was slow and that well episode should never have had an episode dedicated to it.

It would be nice to have 1-2 episodes of them on the road again just to remind them, and us, of how dangerous it can be being out there without walls.

I'm just thankful that the writers already know they have 16 episodes to play with in season 3. They don't really have an excuse not to have that one tightly plotted. I'm guessing/hoping it will follow the comic and

we get a solid prison-based season with the inmates and them - "settling" in. They could probably spend it exclusively in the prison, although it may be fun to have a side story in the last half season of some of the cast going out to the General's town. That would set up season 4 quite well with the build-up to the General's attack.

Dale should be a good character too, but he's been hugely affected by Shane sticking around. Shane has been allowed to do some of the morally gray stuff Rick got to do in the comics while Rick is stuck being the voice of reason, which was Dale's job in the comic. So now he just comes across as a crotchety old man with nothing better to do than stalk Andrea and now Shane.

Side note: I started watching the first few episodes of How I Met Your Mother, and had a Shane sighting in S01E02. :lol: The dude had long hair back then. Quite the contrast to his shorn look now.

I like Kevin Smith but this is kind of true about him. But people still pay to listen to him. :lol:

*sigh* yeah... and I'm totally one of those people too.... but hey, sometimes one gotta wonder - just how many orange & blue shirts does Kev have!?!

back to zombies - anyone else just plain CHEER OUTLOUD when Lori's car flipped halfway thru episode and then absolutely no more fucks no more screentime was given to that?

so far I'm glad Shane is still around, but Dale was better in comic, and at this rate Daryl will get the dose of violence reserved for Michionne in comic

Side note: I started watching the first few episodes of How I Met Your Mother, and had a Shane sighting in S01E02. :lol: The dude had long hair back then. Quite the contrast to his shorn look now.

There was a short-lived sitcom from the creator of Friends a few years back called "The Class" and the actor that played Shane starred in it. He was basically Joey in the series but a carpenter instead of an actor and having an affair with another main character who was married.

"Mitchell" from Modern Family was also in it.

people want Lori dead (the main characters wife, you kill her and Rick becomes a shell of a person for a 2 and a half seasons)

but not kill Shane, they have already neglected to add some good characters by leaving this guy around.

Carl's only good moment needs to come at the end of this season. (aka the end of graphic novel number 1)

they need to follow the graphic novels better. at least story wise.

At least Rick in this last episode finally stepped up.

I guess i am 180% different from everyone on this board, i dont mind Lori, i like dale, and i hate shane.

I didn't read the comic/graphic novel. I assume it is better than this tv show. AMC for some reason is making lame TV series that could be so much better and that is frustrating to watch.

I keep on thinking that they are doing it wrong and many of the characters would already be dead. I think Lori's character annoys me the most. Point is she is weak and advocates empathy in a world overrun with zombies (although you wouldn't know it from watching this series). The show would be so much cooler if we stepped away from their misery and self-pity and had characters that focused on solving problems. Which should be how the series is set up. Instead we get one demential characters like Dale, Lori, or Carol. My main complaint is where are the mother fucking zombies?!?!?!!!!

@Arya - see, its because Shane lived, that Lori & Shane in show got a bit of a rewrite... In the comic her lil affair comes off as a one-time mistake. She regrets it, but... we just roll with it. He was a douche & deserved the bullet

In show tho? She couldn't get her wedding ring necklace off fast enough to fuck in the woods!! She's a frellin cunt [there, I said it, no regrets] to Shane constantly!! I'm surprised he hasn't just shoved her out the window himself yet

Season 1 was pretty solid overall, and CDC side-tour was not all that bad. I enjoy something new when things are adapted from comics: it kept the feel of series, but added a new location to keep everyone from being bored

I'm all for following the comic a bit better for next few eps.. just..er.r... not The Governor arc, 'cause thats just gonna get naaaaaasty

And too much stuff in show! is already too different from comic! to ..errr.. work..like u know Carol and Daryl

Here's the thing, Shane is an interesting character to watch. He's not someone I root for or like, but he adds an interesting dynamic to the group.

Lori adds stupidity and annoyance.

Dale adds the whole "Im the oldest one here so you should listen to me" aspect, but like Shane said, he's only useful if you need a radiator hose replaced.

And I don't know if Rick wallows in misery if Lori dies. As long as Carl lives, Rick has a reason to fight and live.

Archived