Arya's story/Arya's fate.

Maybe this is a bit off-topic, but anyway... I keep wondering about one thing Jaqen said to Arya as they were parting:

“As well ask what good is life, what good is death? If the day comes when you would find me again, give that coin to any man from Braavos, and say these words to him-valar morghulis.”

Note that he doesn't tell her to use the coin if she needs help - he specifically tells her "if you would find me again". But why would Jaqen say that if he knew the coin would lead Arya to Braavos, while he is staying in Westeros himself for the time being?

He doesn't know how long it will take her to go to Braavos, or if she ever will, but as soon as he returns he will know she was there and probably where she went. Or he was simply lying, he told her he needs to go to Essos and yet we find him in Oldtown.

I just hope we will see more of him, I rather liked him. I wonder if Sarella/Alleras or Marwyn know Pate isn't Pate.

I am sorry to differ from the general discussion, but I just did not find where else to go. :) I have just happened upon an interview of a girl playing Arya. She says that she has shot probably a little more than the third of her scenes and that there is a big event (that is not in the books) involving her meeting up with a character she has never done scenes before? Who can it be?

to the interview.

I don't know why Arya wouldn't finish her FM training. He's been pushing through the ranks at lighting speed, and probably she'll only need a few more chapters until she's a servant or priest. I think they're obviously impressed with her ability to kill (the blinding after Dareon's killing seemed more like they saw great promise in her rather than it being a punishment) and I think she's only further going to continue to excel in that field. Deep down, she'll always maintain her identity, but she's going to have to focus on the present if she wants to complete her training. I have no idea where she'll end up reinserting into Westeros. Seems likely there's any number of people they'd want dead. Maybe she'll be sent to Oldtown, as Jaqen's been away for a while, and they might want someone else there in case he failed or just hasn't been quick enough. I don't think they're necessarily anti Valyrian - or dragons, really. Dany's also anti slavery, so she's not really taking after her ancestors in that matter.

It's heavily implied that they bought down the Valyrian empire so it kind of makes sense for them to be. And they might be looking at the bigger picture. Dany might be anti-slavery, but what's to say her descendants aren't? So from the FM's POV we've got this descendant of Valyria with the first three dragons in over a hundred years, conquering the cities near where old Valyria was. They're going to be on edge I think.

I guess I'm in the minority, because I think Arya will stay with the FM for quite awhile. It's right up her ally. The stuff that Syrio taught her has helped her get to this point and now looks like child play compared to the FM. She has never once declined a request from the Kindly Man and she pushes herself further and further. Arya's a determined little badass, and she is impressing the hell out of the people there and she knows it. Maybe I'm weird, but I actually thought, "Finally! Arya has found home." She doesn't have to worry about sewing, being made to marry, doing all of the stuff that the nobility in the game of thrones do. She despises all of that. As nice as it sounds for her to be reunited with what family there is left, especially Jon Snow.....but like Jon with the Night's Watch, her place may be with the FM. I hope she kills Dany or someone important, that would be really cool. The only real thing I can think to make her turn away from the FM is if she is asked to assassinate someone she knows. Arya knows, or has at least been acquainted, with quite a bit of a noble people. But she may do that too. Who knows...

I am sorry to differ from the general discussion, but I just did not find where else to go. :) I have just happened upon an interview of a girl playing Arya. She says that she has shot probably a little more than the third of her scenes and that there is a big event (that is not in the books) involving her meeting up with a character she has never done scenes before? Who can it be?

to the interview.

Wow. Doesn't she has enough really big events in the book?

Wow. Doesn't she has enough really big events in the book?

I don't think so. Personally I couldn't stand Arya in COK. Absolutely boring. Having said that I hope they don't change too much from the books. Just spice up what's already there.

I don't think so. Personally I couldn't stand Arya in COK. Absolutely boring. Having said that I hope they don't change too much from the books. Just spice up what's already there.

Agreed. If they want to add something, whatever, but just don't deviate from the books too much. That's my main worry.

to the interview.

thanks for the interview link, You could go to the this part of the frorums A game of throne news or A game of throne casting. there is lots of conversation there about cast interviews...ect enjoy.

Owww, I'd love it if Jaime and Brienne showed up and stole her away from the FM. I doubt that's going to happen because Jaime and Brienne haven't got a clue where she is and they both might even be dead but I'm not going to rule anything out.

If Sandor Clegane is really still alive (maybe).

Were not both he and Arya headed for the Saltpans.

If he let this be known , some sleuthing might turn up evidence where she had gone.

I have no idea about Arya's future.. I like Elaena's version:

Another thing to keep in mind is from the epilogue of ADWD. Kevan told Ser Harys Swyft to prepare to go to Braavos to deal with the Iron Bank. Swyft askes for guards also, which I'm sure he'll take with him if he goes, and Kevan told him to hire the Mountain's men. Isn't there some from Arya's list still with that group, I don't remember who. If she decided to kill them on her own the Kindly Man will not like that one bit, it could be they kick her out. (wishful thinking here)

Then Arya may well find out about Jon and her "wedding" then she will get her butt home where she belongs! I can see spoilers being involed as well.

I don't think Arya likes killing and she does show remorse, it's just more subtle than some may prefer. She does not think her family would accept or love her if they knew, but she thinks they are dead for the most part. Wait until Arya is reunited with her family, I think all of it could have a effect then, and she may desire change. I don't know if it's so set in stone that Arya is only a little killing machine as some imply. Martin could twist this in another direction if he wanted.

but my best scenario would be if Arya and Dany met and together set off to find Jon.

Some of the comments put some ideas in how Arya´s perks made her a excellent agent to the FM and the Bravoosi; I think both, the Bank and the Faceless Men are more closer than we think; the firts mention of the FM are as hired assasins, so I think even with his religious motivation they still a commercial enterprise.

For how she gonna go back to Westeros and her obsession on the people who hurt her, here are two mentioned paths:

I have the idea of if FM let her go, is assignin her a mission in Westeros (again we dont know how many ranks are in the FM atm):

Joining Stannis:

Reuniting with Jon or Rickon in the North, as agent observator, her targets must be the proper Stannis, Melisandre (again she stills a enigma in some areas and here are Religions involved) or Jon, but here are no reasons revealed yet for any killing.

Going back to KL

The knowing of Arya´s past in the Red Castle could be a trouble if she aren´t trained enough in her mental strength, for he dicipline maybe she are impressed some fellas here and having a warging FM

in training maybe stress someone in the Religious and leader wing of the fm, we dont know.

Sending her to KL makes her a counter weight to the secret services of Varys, we know everybody spies for someone else in KL, surely the Bravoos bank have some agents; but Arya have some extra skills to put in use in that location.

Knowledge of the terrain

Warg Skills with lesser animals

Knowledge of Court Ettiquette, if not used before in her Stark life, surely she learned something .

And utter important, she have no hesitation in killing a King...or a Queen.

Jon or Bran and Sansa dont have to know she still alive, maybe Jon but I think she gonna leave the Stark life behind after that.

Surely I could love a Arya the Wolf finalle for her, an female adventurer; but as someone say upthere, GRRM are putting a lot on her training, and that be meaningless if she abandon the FM life after her mission in KL.

Also, as far we know, the FM aren´t a brotherhood of unstoppable ninjas; Jaquen was imprisoned in KL, then traveled imprisoned and needed Arya to set him free.

:bowdown: :bowdown: Genius.Yea there is Raff the sweetling i believe whos is still on her list,there might even be more,im quite hopeful now that she will return :)

Yes, Raff the sweetling, thanks for reminding me! If Raff ends up in Braavos I am quite hopeful this will bring her home. After she kills him Arya will know she is not "no one" and that she is Arya of House Stark! Also I wonder if she will kill swyft and the rest to tie up any loose ends. That could make the council think it might have been the Iron Bank instead and that could get interesting as well.

or he wanted it to look that way... :devil:

I think that too, I mean; being imprisoned....given freeride out of the dungeon; being dangerous enough to the other prisioners keep their distance...im sure Jaquen could wait till be north enough to escape and reach the shore.

He do that and end with the Goat in Harrenhal, whatever he was doing there he abandon it under the name or Jaquen.

Its funny how GRRM put your mind to roll, maybe the FM are a Assasins Order, yes; with garrisoned personnel as Priests, helpers and Acolites but maybe have his "errant" ranks too.

Fun is, we havemt another mention of any Temple of the God of Many faces in mainland Westeros but that not mean they havent one. Even the Red God have one in KL if I remember allright.

Lady Arya of the Secret Service of the King sounds good for her afterlife in the Next Summer, hehe.

Arya is the Valonqar. She will use the strangler on Cersei. These prophesies are not exact. There is always a riddle to them.

Jon Snow calls Arya Little Sister.

Cersei was prophesied to be killed at the hand of the Valonqar who will strangle her to death.

Valonquar means Little Brother, but Old Valaryn is gender neutral, so it could mean Little Sister as well.

Strangle could mean the poison, the strangler that killed Joffrey and which Arya used on the money lender.

Cross one off your list Arya. Valar Morghulis.

Archived