Best Chapter?

Sarnius

Way too many choices for this.. to choose a favourite would take a long time

but to just be different: when Victarian fights the knight from the Sheilds, such a boss fight and the first chapter that made me go "oh, Vic may be huge and stupid.. but he's pretty cool"

Or to stay consistent with the fighting theme im putting forward here: The Viper Vs The Mountain.

But there are numerous others that i cbf writing

When Jon defends the wall against wildlings - Awesome.

Tbe Kingsmoot - i actually enjoyed it.

Brienne and Lady UnCatelyn - the tension was amazing, as soon as i found out she was to meet undead Catelyn, i got hopeful and then when Catelyn turned out to be a total unsympathetic badass, i liked it even more.

Dany and Drogon - wow, i never thought i'd get to see a Dany chapter with her and the dragon only, in the dothraki sea! Plus Dany was alone, without anyone complaining to her about a bitch-load of things.

Tyrion's last chapter in A Storm of Swords.

Firstly because I had absolutely no idea what was coming.

Secondly because he got to meet Jaime again and I loved how they mused together, "Noseless and Handless, the Lannister Boys". I was very sad about them parting ways on a sad note after Jaime revealed the truth about Tysha but I still loved that scene.

And finally because he killed Tywin. And the line "In the end, Lord Tywin Lannister did not shit gold" capping off the amazing chapter.

Strange, I haven't seen many posters mention a Davos chapter although he seems well-liked on the forum. Davos III in Clash of Kings was absolutely brilliantly written, I was sitting on the edge of my seat while reading that chapter.

Also, Sansa's chapter when the Hound offers her to take her with him stood out for me. In Sos, Tyrion X: Epic battle between Oberyn and the Mountain.

All of Theon's chapters in Dance were just heart-breaking.

The Red Wedding wins everytime. What an emotion, the last sentences. The ending of a King who could have been Great. The (seemingly) ultimate downfall of the greatest family of Westeros and beyond. I had to re-read the chapter immediately after it was finished, I just couldn't believe what I was reading. I had to put down the book after that for a while, thinking about what just happened, what it would mean for the story. A part of me wanted to shoot GRRM, but then again, this was exactly one of the reasons I read the books, because of its high rate of reality. The books are not beds of roses, so to say..

aGoT: Arya's last chapter; the execution of Ned.

aCoK: Davo's second chapter; the parley with Penrose and later the birth of Mel's shadowbaby.

aSoS: Sansa's last chapter; snow castles, pedofinger, and "Only Cat".

aFfC: Cat of the Canals; where Arya kills Daeron and wakes up blind.

aDwD: Theon's last chapter; his escape with Jeyne.

Jaime chapters: the one after he gets his hand cut off, the one with the conversation in the bath at Harrenhall, the one with his dream/the bear

Also like Catelyn's chapter where she goes to see Jaime in the dungeons at Riverrun

Arya's chapter with the fight at the Inn

Any ADWD chapter with Theon where he goes to the godswood, really all his ADWD chapters in Winterfell

Asha's chapter in ADWD where they go on the march to Winterfell

Brienne's AFFC chapter where she has the fever after being bit

Sam's post fight at the Fist of the First Men chapters were good too

1. Sansa's end chapter in A Storm of Swords

2. Theon's end chapter in Dance

3. Tyrion's chapter when he meets Oberyn

4. Theon's end chapter in Clash where he's almost convinced to join the Nights Watch

5. Dany's end chapter in AGoT where she gets the dragons

1 In GoT, Cat's last chapter

THE KING IN THE NORTH. - gave me chills

2. In Prince Oberyn' s monologue, "You raped her, you murdered her, you killed her children. Now say her name. "

3. In ADwD Lord Manderly & his granddaughter Wylla, " that' s because they (freys) killed them all"

4. Any chapter with Dolorous Ed!

The one where Aemon reveals he's a Targaryan to Jon always sticks out to me for some reason.

And sue me but all I liked Dany's chapters in Astapor and Yunkai too. The double cross on the slavers was badass, and all the slaves calling Dany mother or whatever was just one of those things that got to me haha.. cool shit.

• 5 months later...

too many good chapters to choose from but if i was forced to chosse only one chapter the first one that i remember is the one that happens the fight of Ser Beric Dondarrion against the Hound!

it was the first one that i remember that really held my breath!!!!!!

do you know what i mean???

i admit that i was hoping for the victory of Beric and when he was slashed i was disappointed, but just for seconds because the mothefucker REALLY is IMMORTAL !l!!!!!!!

Archived