Would You Be An Atheist in Westeros?

Fearsome Fred

I was raised as a Christian and today I do not really define myself in a specific religion though I share the values but not necesserely the interpretations of christianity and mostly of deism. I've an open-mind.

As for Westeros, it is hard to say, but the old gods are interesting. No religious institutions, no sacred texts and it is very personal but yet a shared religions. It reminds me and is what come closer me to my own personal beliefs.

I'm an atheist in real life, but I think every person in Westeros or Essos is grown up with a specific religion, I don't think that there are any atheists at all. But if I had to pick a religion, I'd go for the Old Gods or the Seven.

the hound is definitely an atheist or at the very least has little respect for the old gods or new

The Religions of both Essos and Westeros intrigue me as much, if not more than RL religions. I personally would probably be partial to the Old Gods, possibly the Seven, if I lived on the Iron Islands I would almost certainly follow the faith of the Drowned God. I find the Red God interesting, but unless I lived in Lys, was a sworn sword of Stannis Baratheon, or was a member of the Brotherhood Without Banners; I probably wouldn't follow that religion.

• 3 weeks later...

Im an athiest but id have to go for the Old Gods, no matter where i would be raised, i just think they make the most "sense". If there was a bigger thing looking over us i would like to see it more like a non-spefic form, like the northeners see the old gods, just dont like the idea of having a warrior and smith and crone and shit

• 2 weeks later...

I am raised catholic...that's just the most common religion where I'm from; but if I had to pick a Religion in Westeros, it would definitely be The Old Gods, cause I'm not fond of the Septons either!

Me, too. I enjoy the incense, but organized religion.....I would be right out there in the woods communing with a Face Tree

Archived