Which Character are you most like ?

TheZone

To be honest I have no idea, but could someone tell me please?

I am just under 6 feet, 16 years old, my parents are married, the youngest of my family. I enjoy athletic activities and basically an average 16 year old boy.

Hi Domeric Bolton!

Something in between Roose, Ramsay and Samwell - just not badass. I am a skinny, ugly, tall and pathetic teenager. My parents never married and have split up long ago. I hate people, I generally don't have any emotion toward real people apart from anger, but I like books. I am sometimes violent, but generally I try to keep my urges down. I have 3 fake friends (they don't know they're fake) for appearing more normal when it is expedient. I don't have a girlfriend and probably never will get laid, but that has never bothered me and likely never will. The only thing I am interested in is the history of war and political intrigue.

What I hate most are the people who pretend to be something they aren't on the fucking internet. Really, I'm tired of everyone claiming that they're virtuous and good looking.

In terms of temperament, I'd have to say a mix of Danaerys, Jon, and Varys.

I think I can/should save other people, and I'm excruciatingly naive in my efforts to do so (and also fairly self-serving, when I'm willing to admit this). I'm also shy and would rather keep to myself most of the time. I do love, however, to be the one with all of the secrets and all the answers, and I'm rather sneaky.

In terms of hobbies, my favorites are drinking and reading. Tyrion and I would get on well.

I'm not going to get into how old I am or what I look like. That's why I'm on the interwebs.

I could use some elaboration on that.

That's what I was trying to do with this part. :cool4:

I think I can/should save other people, and I'm excruciatingly naive in my efforts to do so (and also fairly self-serving, when I'm willing to admit this). I'm also shy and would rather keep to myself most of the time. I do love, however, to be the one with all of the secrets and all the answers, and I'm rather sneaky.

Something in between Roose, Ramsay and Samwell - just not badass. I am a skinny, ugly, tall and pathetic teenager. My parents never married and have split up long ago. I hate people, I generally don't have any emotion toward real people apart from anger, but I like books. I am sometimes violent, but generally I try to keep my urges down. I have 3 fake friends (they don't know they're fake) for appearing more normal when it is expedient. I don't have a girlfriend and probably never will get laid, but that has never bothered me and likely never will. The only thing I am interested in is the history of war and political intrigue.

What I hate most are the people who pretend to be something they aren't on the fucking internet. Really, I'm tired of everyone claiming that they're virtuous and good looking.

Awesome. Seriously, you're awesome.

Hmm, I had a pretty happy childhood, and as the oldest child have always tried to live up to my family's expectations. I have a strong sense of duty and loyalty, but I do not take crap from people. While I am generally a pretty nice person, I admit to having said some pretty awful things when extremely angry or upset. I do regret those instances. I am passionately in love with my husband and I would lay down my life for my children, although I have worked in a male dominated career my entire adulthood and have never been a stay at home mom. I am intelligent, but on occasion have been guilty of thinking with my heart instead of my head.

So, um, yeah .. I guess I'm Catelyn.

Does this mean my first post is an invite for the masses to hate me? :dunno:

At my core I am most like Asha. Stubborn, unromantic, sarcastic. She challenges coventional feminity in the way I do. Except I would be useless in battle. I also have a bit of Arya spunk. That said, the world mostly sees me as a Sansa. I put up a major front when interacting with people, especially those I know I can't connect with. I seem really quiet and polite, but that isn't really me.

I see the world in much the way Tyrion does, but I doubt I would like him if I met him. I don't like people like me.

I'm introverted like Jon, a dreamer like Rhaegar, and bookish like Sam. I have a bleeding heart like Dany, and also feel isolated like her/Jon.

If I had to pick a villianous/more evil character, I'd say Roose. I can be rather cold, and am very calculating. I won't ever loose my shit on you, but I would betray someone.

I think I am least like Ned and Cersei.

....I have 3 fake friends (they don't know they're fake) ....

Correction: They don't know you are fake.

But honey, if it's any consolation, there's a 70% chance you'll grow out of it. I know I did. Empathy is something that has to be developed - lots of teenagers/young adults take a while to get over that obligatory stage of teenage angst and self-absorption, but over it they get. (Until we all get old and demented and Alzheimer makes us paranoid...then it's naked misanthropy all over again!)

I can understand your sense of frustration about the onslaught of "spunky like Arya, smart like Sam, witty like Tyrion" self-labelling going on here, mainly because it's simply a little bit boring in its repetitiveness and fairly superficial. (Not having played with Barbies does not give me all that much common ground with Arya after alll). There is indeed a marked preference to identify over strenghts rather than flaws. And if the identification indeed happens along flaws, it's often humblebragging ('too honorable for my own good like Ned"). My own entry is a good showcase for all of those tendencies.

So what? There's no malicious intent behind it, no conscious deception, and even if there was any conscious deception behind it, no one would suffer any negative consequences from it. There are a lot of reasons for some righteous fury in this world, but if you really think that a couple of people bragging a little on a fanforum is one of them, I would guess that you haven't yet seen a lot.

People like to have a positive image of themselves, even if that might sometimes require a little bit of soft focus, and as long as it doesn't devolve in full blown narcicissm, that actually makes them quite a bit easier to suffer than walking black holes of missing self-esteem who love wallowing in their own sense of being pathetic. I actually appreciate people who know how to validate themselves once in a while instead of passive-aggressively demanding _me_to do all the validation work by daring me to contradict their negative self-evaluation. All too explicit self-loathing is often perceived as fishing for compliments (whether the self-loather is conscious of that or not) and that gets old fast.

So far I've enjoyed reading that thread. Sure, I might find it faintly absurd to call yourself "courageous like Jon" when you've rather likely never found yourself in a situation that would have demanded that particular kind of courage. But what do I know? When that person should ever find themselves in such a situation indeed, they might very well turn out courageous like Jon after all. People are often surprising. And many who 'fake it till the make it', do actually make it eventually, you are probably just not old enough yet to have witnessed such a development. You would be surprised how many people you admire (I mean, you are capable of admiring at least some people, are you?) likely felt like utter frauds for the longest time - and still feel it in certain moments. And yet they accomplish awesome things. Because the thing is: "Fake it till you make it" works. It's a perfectly legitimate strategy. It might even be the only strategy in certain cases.

I want to say Bloodraven because of all the birds shitting all over the place near me and the fact that I come home and sit in the same place for hours and control the world with my mind and a weirwood bowl full of mescaline, but honestly, it's more like a cross between Theon and Tyrion, without the rapiness but all the other negatives qualities of each one.

Oh and Aeron Damphair because I'm a hypocrite that's really good at pissing out fires. I've never won a herd of goats but I did win a few cases of beer, for actually urinating on a fire to extinguish it. I've actually done this several times. I'm just glad to know I'm not alone.

Edit: and more on the Damphair - I'm really hairy and have long hair and I love saltwater and seafood. i also ritually drown people all the time and tell my brothers how a godless man may never sit the sea-foam green recliner. I've also called a "Kinksmoot" before at the reading of a will to determine who got all my uncle's old Kinks records. Larry 1, Rest of family 0.

Archived