Characters you think are attractive, even if their description in the book says otherwise.

Not A Lannister

When reading the novels, have you ever found yourself "fondly attracted" to a character even though their description in the book isn't what the "norm" or the character's describing them find attractive?

For example, their are a lot of you who ship Sandor/Sansa, which may not be based on whether you think Sandor to be attractive, though I've have seen posts which the writer mention finding Sandor "appealing"

I personally have always found Jorah Mormont to be attractive. I read AGOT before the show and even then and even through Dany's POV, I found Jorah appealing.

What about anyone else?

Oberyn? I never remember him being described as really attractive, but I've always thought he's the most attractive in the books. Oh, Stannis is like that too. I could see the attraction to Sandor based on his unique personality, but I personally don't feel it.

SAAANDOR!!!! He is the ultimate Westerosi male for me!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

I have to agree with Jorah also! :cool4:

I'm not sure what it is, maybe my affinity for "big, brutes" or large broad men, that make me find Jorah attractive. I even have a little attractive to a character from Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series called Stephen Bonnet.

OH! and I just remembered THE BLACKFISH!

While I was reading the SOS chapters where Jorah is revealing his true feelings to Dany (and kissing her), I was like “Go on Dany!!! Sleep with him!!! SLEEP WITH HIM!!!”

And then I remembered that he was not supposed to be good looking…

Show-Jorah is a really handsome man, even though I’m happy he was chose to play that role, he does not look like book Jorah… Too hot…

Ygritte, who's described as being kind of plain/someone you wouldn't even notice south of the Wall.

I’m sure she is good looking.

Of course she would not be noticed in the south since she is wearing animal skins and has tangled hair, but if she would be dressed as a King’Landing lady, she would certainly be considered pretty. I know she is supposed to have crooked teeth, but a lot of people don’t have perfect teeth, and it doesn’t make them less attractive. She has charisma, that's what matters.

I’m sure she is good looking.

Of course she would not be noticed in the south since she is wearing animal skins and has tangled hair, but if she would be dressed as a King’Landing lady, she would certainly be considered pretty. I know she is supposed to have crooked teeth, but a lot of people don’t have perfect teeth, and it doesn’t make them less attractive. She has charisma, that's what matters.

I'm going off Jon's description of her from ASOS (p.207 of my paperback)

At a lord's court the girl would never have been considered anything but common, he knew. She had a round peasant face, a pug nose and slightly crooked teeth, and her eyes were too far apart...

Physically, she's described as basically ordinary, maybe the girl next door for the wildlings, I don't know. He even comments that his feelings to her are because he's started to see her characteristics in a new light despite them being something he wouldn't normally consider attractive necessarily (i.e. she has crooked teeth but when she smiles at him, he feels something).

I was more getting at that - Jon's feelings towards her are basically "She's not actually beautiful, apparently, but to him she's the most beautiful woman in the world".

Not attractive as such, but I find myself quite often just wanting to hug Samwell Tarly.

Yes, this. Same goes for Dolorous Edd.

I also imagine Mance to be quite hot, no idea why, I can't even recall the book description right now. :lol: And Oberyn...

I got a Samwell friend, he is the best friend you can ever have.

I had a Samwell boyfriend and it wasn't that nice because he was extremely worried about his weight. Which was a pity because he had so many good qualities that no one really cared about his actual weight but him.

I think tormund giantsbane might be hot....

Archived