Characters you think are attractive, even if their description in the book says otherwise.

Not A Lannister

Yes, this. Same goes for Dolorous Edd.

I also imagine Mance to be quite hot, no idea why, I can't even recall the book description right now. :lol: And Oberyn...

Mance is not described as really handsome, but I thought he was attractive too. Mostly because I really like has character.

Mance is not described as really handsome, but I thought he was attractive too. Mostly because I really like has character.

Hmm well in my head I see Henry Ian Cusack when I picture Mance, so that's that :lol: And he's a cool dude, hope he's still alive :unsure:

Agreed, though I think Oberyn has this air about him which makes him attractive. Animal magnetism you could call it. Plus with a nickname like the Red Viper :cool4:

I'm attracted to Oberyn because not only is he sexy and a bit mysterious, but he's well-educated and is a Westerosi Renaissance man, competent and knowledgeable in many areas - for me, that's hot! I also like lean men or athletic men with lean faces, as long as they don't have weak chins.

Brienne, and that Wildling archer girl who helped defend the wall on ASOS (forgot her name. Jon sent her to get more help but she didnt come back)

She was a Molestown whore, not a Wildling her name was Zei.

To the OP

Even though sometimes the books can make it seem otherwise, I agree with Lady Smallwood and the Kindly Man, who think Arya is pretty. She has often been said to look, and act like Lyanna Stark, who I think must have been a beautiful young woman. So I believe without a doubt that Arya is pretty now, underneath all that dirt and tangled hair, and that she will grow up to be a beautiful young woman that can more than handle her own.

I don't know if the books portrays this person to be unattractive or not, it's kind of hard to tell, but I have always had a thing for Mya Stone.

Also, I know the books say that Dacey Mormont "was as graceful in a dress, as she was in plate and mail, but that doesn't neccisarily mean "attractive", but I have always considered her to be very tall and beautiful(the wiki picture of her seems to agree with me)

Mance.I cannot recall his description, but man, in my mind he is James Purefoy, so he is fucking hot :cool4: he also got that "something" that makes him even more attractive.

Val... :eek: does Jon know about it??? :D

I'm on the same side with the Jorah lovers. In the books he wasn't supposed to be all that good looking. For some reason though, I always pictured him a handsome, gallant knight. Then the show came out and my picture of him got even better.

I don't know if he was supposed to be good looking or not, but I always seem to picture Edmure Tully (groom from the RW) being really hot.

Not really, but there are numerous things that I pictured in the books that wasn't described that I just thought felt right. For example, I know that the Battle of the Blackwater happened during the day, but I always have pictured it beginning just as the sun set while most of it was at night.

Weird, I imagined it like that too. Anyway, I found it interesting that so many people thought of Jorah Mormont good-looking; I know I didn't :dunno: Actually, I think I imagined him uglier than he was supposed to be.

Personally, I always that of Ygritte, Mance, and Oberyn to be better-looking than they were described in the books.

I don't know if the books portrays this person to be unattractive or not, it's kind of hard to tell, but I have always had a thing for Mya Stone.

IIRC, Sansa does think to herself in AFFC(I think) that Mya Stone would actually be a very pretty girl if she "dressed better" or something to that effect.

I don't think it was ever commented in the books, but I always pictured Victarion to be physically appealing. I don't know what it is, but I imagined him as quite the manly specimen. Shame on me. :dunce:

Mance Rayder is described as an unremarkable man, but in my head he looks like Christian Bale :drool: .

Stannis is another not described as particularly attractive but I imagined there is sexy man inside of him screaming to come out.

Early on I always wondered whether Brienne was "truly" ugly, or if she just simply didn't fit into deadset Westerosi standards by being very tall, small chested, short hair, different face, wearing men's clothing. And it's not like today where you can have a huge variety of options in style to flatter your own shape and design - fancy dresses then were a bit more one-dimensional so I suppose it is no wonder Brienne would be completely out of place in them.

But could be entirely way off for all I know. Especially since the more I read, the more everyone around her are absolutely constantly adamant that she is a "true" ugly :unsure:

Anyway, for some reason I always thought Ned Stark was much more handsome than let on (Especially his younger self; fit, light grey eyes, flowy brown hair, a competent military fighter and leader...then eventually a doting dad) and was just overshadowed by more flashy outgoing types, thus being dubbed as plain. And no, this was before the appearance of Sean Bean, hahaha.

If the artwork is anything to go by, most readers have a serious misconception about Asha's appearance. I missed the description of her as the spitting image of Keira Knigthley.

I kind of think of Asha as looking like a more Caucasian Archana Panjabi or pre-plastic young Cher. Yeah, probably more the second. Keira Knightly? I don't think so... I can't really picture her as anyone in Westeros. She's in the wrong age group, but she is kind of how I picture young Cersei.

Edit: Jon's not really described by the ladies, but I imagine he got the best of R+L for genes. I hope!

Even though sometimes the books can make it seem otherwise, I agree with Lady Smallwood and the Kindly Man, who think Arya is pretty. She has often been said to look, and act like Lyanna Stark, who I think must have been a beautiful young woman. So I believe without a doubt that Arya is pretty now, underneath all that dirt and tangled hair, and that she will grow up to be a beautiful young woman that can more than handle her own.

You beat me to it. Arya's unpretentious nature makes her intriguing.

Archived