Characters you think are attractive, even if their description in the book says otherwise.

Not A Lannister

I kind of think of Asha as looking like a more Caucasian Archana Panjabi or pre-plastic young Cher. Yeah, probably more the second.

Yeah, I wasn't speaking for myself but, for whatever reason, artistic representations of Asha tend to ignore her nose, which is only the most described of her features.

And I have to say, I do think young Cher works out really well, provided you imagine her without long hair.

Meera Reid. Is that weird? I can't recall how old she's supposed to be, and if it's below legal age of consent, I apologize :unsure: She just seems really sweet and free spirited in the book. I really enjoy her character.

Also, I can't help but picture Brienne as modestly attractive, which flies in the face of every description of her.

Tormund, I guess? He's described as short and stocky, but in my mind he is a big burly guy. And Jon, I think he's handsome like his uncle Brandon.

On my own for Daario Naharis? Okay, more for me :leaving:

No, you're not alone, but Daario wasn't described as unattractive ;)

Early on I always wondered whether Brienne was "truly" ugly, or if she just simply didn't fit into deadset Westerosi standards by being very tall, small chested, short hair, different face, wearing men's clothing.

Brienne doesn't have short hair. /pet peeve

Since I've watched the show before the books, all characters, showing up from book one are spoiled for my imagination somehow. There are few exceptions - somehow, I pictured Illyrio very different in my mind than in the show for example. And in the show, the most attractive person is for me Benjen Stark.

Of the other characters: I always thought Brienne more attractive than she is described. That had probably to do with the fact that beauty is much more diversed in our world and time than it is in Westeros, as someone pointed out. Plus, I always thought, that some Westerosi men simply may feel threatened by a woman in armour, acting like a man and therefore being especially unkind to her.

I always thought Stannis be more attractive than he is described. He is a lot fitter in my mind, always being that sharp in words and deeds. I forget about him, looking ill and loosing his hair.

I always pictured Davos being younger and when I saw a picture of the actor playing him in the show, I thought, that he is too old, but now, I started reading book 2 again, I realised, he is quite a bit older, than I thought him to be.

Keira Knightly? I don't think so... I can't really picture her as anyone in Westeros. She's in the wrong age group, but she is kind of how I picture young Cersei.

I think I saw a fanart of Ygritte looking just a little like her.

Tyrion!

How come no one mentioned Tyrion Lannister yet? He's really attractive in my opinion, but then again I'm easly attracted to wit and Tyrion has a lot of that.

I've been attracted to him since early in the first book. I'm really glad that Peter Dinklage plays him in the show, he really knows how to make Tyrion even more attractive!

Tyrion!

How come no one mentioned Tyrion Lannister yet? He's really attractive in my opinion, but then again I'm easly attracted to wit and Tyrion has a lot of that.

I've been attracted to him since early in the first book. I'm really glad that Peter Dinklage plays him in the show, he really knows how to make Tyrion even more attractive!

Actually I agree. Peter Dinklage is pretty good-looking, but Tyrion in the books is meant to be much uglier. That said, his wit and charm and attitude are quite attractive.

Sorry, no strong and muscular brutes oozing testosterone for me, I want more.

Guys who are not Into learning and curiosity, who don't have imagination, a good sense of humour and an attractive articulated voice - stay away. Someone who is not entertaining at dinner can't be entertaining in bed.

Oberyn: lean and swift of mind and body, hugely sexy, a permanent challenge

Mance: there is so much more behind him than we know already, a bard, a magus and a leader, an enigma

Tyrion: witty, clever, charismatic, an attractive voice (Dinklage), creative and a learned man.

Jaime post hand OP: I'd at least give him a try though his left hand may need some more skill

SAAANDOR!!!! He is the ultimate Westerosi male for me!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

:agree: I think the books describe him as plain even if he had no scars but in my head, he's very appealing. SHOW Sandor has helped this assumption of course, probably a lot better looking than the character is meant to be, similar to Tyrion. Anyways, Sandor Clegane's scars don't put me off in terms of attraction at all and I think part of what I find appealing is that there's a lot more to him than what you get on first impressions.

Sorry, no strong and muscular brutes oozing testosterone for me, I want more.

That's ok, I'll take them on. Since I'm pretty small I tend to go for much taller, bigger guys and blaming it on a biological compensation mechanics. Works for me, plus when I get blisters on my feet it's convenient to have someone who can carry you where you need to go. So you'll probably find me favour guys like Smalljohn Umber, Sandor Clegane or Drogo, or even Robert Baratheon in his youth. Plus there is something appealing about exerting an amount of power over someone so much bigger than yourself.

That's ok, I'll take them on. Since I'm pretty small I tend to go for much taller, bigger guys and blaming it on a biological compensation mechanics. Works for me, plus when I get blisters on my feet it's convenient to have someone who can carry you where you need to go. So you'll probably find me favour guys like Smalljohn Umber, Sandor Clegane or Drogo, or even Robert Baratheon in his youth. Plus there is something appealing about exerting an amount of power over someone so much bigger than yourself.

Agreed! Plus when you're grocery shopping they can reach the stuff on the higher shelves that we can't reach! :laugh:

I totally agree on this. He's supposed to be disgusting ugly, but I always picture him as fairly good looking.

I do too, strangely. Something like this, albeit with slightly longer hair: http://i.imgur.com/PB4XG.jpg

Are we ever told that he's particularly ugly, in so many words? Aside from his queerly pale eyes and plump lips, I can only recall Theon describing him as "fleshy."

Oh, and I... suppose I'm kind of shallow in this case. I want to say "Brienne," but being told at quite painstaking lengths about how revolting/masculine she is pretty much every time she's described doesn't exactly endear me. I mean, with Sandor you get the whole "tormented badass lumberjack" appeal, but Brienne is quite another story. Different strokes, I suppose...

Agreed! Plus when you're grocery shopping they can reach the stuff on the higher shelves that we can't reach! :laugh:

Yep, totally. And it helps if he can glower at people as well to help them GTFO faster. My SO can be pretty evil looking and it's brilliant. So no Rhaegar or Loras Tyrell pretty boys here, nope. :) I'd rather go with what was it? Seven foot of strong muscular brutes oozing testosterone? :lol:

Are we ever told that he's particularly ugly, in so many words? Aside from his queerly pale eyes and plump lips, I can only recall Theon describing him as "fleshy."

0.o Ramsay? Ewwwwhh :ack:

oh... maybe that's why Brienne is so hot.

Yep, totally. And it helps if he can glower at people as well to help them GTFO faster. My SO can be pretty evil looking and it's brilliant.
:D Love it!

So no Rhaegar or Loras Tyrell pretty boys here, nope. :) I'd rather got with what was it? Seven foot of strong muscular brutes oozing testosterone? :lol:

Yeah! :agree:

*Edited for a moment of confusion brought on by lack of sleep! Sorry!

Archived