How does Tommen die?

Lord Ben

simple

Yes. It's a complete accident, such as a fall while tilting at the quintain. The sort of fall that any kid has while riding, but Tommen hits his head and dies. (And Cersie goes completely off the deep end when she hears.)

Very Gone With the Wind.

What's wrong with bastards?

That's what I keep saying, and yet people insisting that Myrcella and Tommen have no right to the iron throne.

Apparently, bastards made by married men are morally very, very different than those made by women.

That's what I keep saying, and yet people insisting that Myrcella and Tommen have no right to the iron throne.

Apparently, bastards made by married men are morally very, very different than those made by women.

I have no problem with bastards, but why should Myrcella and Tommen have a right to the throne of someone who is not even related to them?

I have no problem with bastards, but why should Myrcella and Tommen have a right to the throne of someone who is not even related to them?

Eh, Robert gained the throne by killing the Targareyen heir, Cersei gained the throne by killing the present king-right of conquest.

Eh, Robert gained the throne by killing the Targareyen heir, Cersei gained the throne by killing the present king-right of conquest.

So the kids would inherit from Cersei, which I don't have a problem with, but that is not the way they are playing it. Tommen and Myrcella are clearly posing as Robert's trueborn children, no one is under the impression that they are inheriting the throne from Cersei and Cersei has never claimed the throne in her own name.

I don't think you understand.

I'll try and illustrate.

A: Slavery is bad.

B: Yeah

A: Like bad bad.

B: It's bad all right.

A: I mean seriously bad.

B: Gotcha.

A: Not good, not good at all.

B: Uh-huh.

A: And another thing.

B: Yeah?

A: Slavery.

B: yeah

A: It's bad.

B: Yes, it is. Slavery is bad.

A: Like really bad.

B: yup

A: Really pretty terrible when you think about it.

B: Uh-huh.

A: The opposite of good.

B: Right.

A: Like if good is the north pole, slavery is the south pole.

B: I think I underst-.

A: Its terrible! The only thing worse than slavery is more slavery.

A: I`m not sure I`m getting the point across. I`ll start again. Slavery...

B: ...

A: It`s bad.

B...

A: Terribly awfully incredibly and without question bad.

B:...

A: And on another note...

B: Yeah?

A: Slavery is really not nice at all.

B: Oh. Yeah.

A: Don't go defending slavery to me!

B: I...

A: Because I won't have it.

B:....

A: Just bad.

C: What?

A: Slavery.

C: Yeah?

Etc.

Think Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead, minus the rhetoric.

So the kids would inherit from Cersei, which I don't have a problem with, but that is not the way they are playing it. Tommen and Myrcella are clearly posing as Robert's trueborn children, no one is under the impression that they are inheriting the throne from Cersei and Cersei has never claimed the throne in her own name.

They're Lannisters in all but name-Joff even uses a Lannister cloak at his marriage.If they make it through the war, I can see them shedding the Baratheon title.

They're Lannisters in all but name-Joff even uses a Lannister cloak at his marriage.If they make it through the war, I can see them shedding the Baratheon title.

One point never really made clear is how the children themselves feel about it.

I could definitely see Cersei doing as you describe, but I think the children...Joff in particular, though that's now moot, had a more complicated identity association, and might have real trouble with un-fathering Robert.

Not because he was anything of a father, but because it's been central to their position/esteem for so long.

One point never really made clear is how the children themselves feel about it.

I could definitely see Cersei doing as you describe, but I think the children...Joff in particular, though that's now moot, had a more complicated identity association, and might have real trouble with un-fathering Robert.

Not because he was anything of a father, but because it's been central to their position/esteem for so long.

Spoilers for the second season of the show:

I like the idea HBO presents: Joff ordering the murder of Bob's bastards because he doesn't want to think about not being Robert's son.

However, Joff dresses in Lannister colours a lot as well.

Spoilers for the second season of the show:

I like the idea HBO presents: Joff ordering the murder of Bob's bastards because he doesn't want to think about not being Robert's son.

However, Joff dresses in Lannister colours a lot as well.

Yeah. I think he sees the Lannister side as important/need of recognition, but I don't think he sees it as standing alone.

Agreed about the spoiler in terms of what it meant for Joff. Didn't like what it meant about, er, the other party responsible.

Yeah. I think he sees the Lannister side as important/need of recognition, but I don't think he sees it as standing alone.

Agreed about the spoiler in terms of what it meant for Joff. Didn't like what it meant about, er, the other party responsible.

I'm trying to hunt out the quote that definitely identifies the other party as the guilty one-as opposed to characters guessing.

Arya wargs either Ser Pounce or the "bad cat" (Balerion?) and one or both rip his throat to pieces.

I think Balerion is already warged by BR since several years ago :)

About the topic- I Believe Tommen&Myrcella have decent chances of surviving despite the prophecy, if Aegon/Stannis/Dany takes the throne they probably wont be killed, just declared bastards and that's it, worst thing for Tommen could be if Euron takes KL then he probably dies.

The banks only interest is in recouping their loan to the Iron Throne.

Wouldn't it be easier to address the Queen Regent directly instead of, I don't know, murdering her last remaining son, the King of the seven kingdoms? I know Cersei's behavior has been pretty erratic and she might be insulted by being approached for something as lowly as debts, but "as rich as a Lannister" and all...

Why? I see this hypothesis a lot but, Jaime just doesn't care for his children-I can't see him being enraged enough to strangle Cersei over it.

Am I entirely making this up when I find myself under the impression that all Jaime has wanted for a long time is to be a father to Tommen and Myrcella? Joffrey was a different story, but I'm fairly certain this train of thought goes on in one of his chapters...?

Dunno why, but I've got a feeling that Lady Stoneheart will murder him. When Aegon conquers Kings Landing, Cersei and Tommen will flee, only to be found by the Brotherhood without Banners. Although I certainly hope he doesn't get killed at all, he, together with Tyrion, Myrcella (and mayhaps Jamie) are the only Lannisters I tolerate.

Archived