How does Tommen die?

Lord Ben

So my theory is this:

Since he is king, Tommen himself defends Margary in a trial by combat ( probably with the encouragement of Marg's father) against the High Septon's champion, Lancel. Lancel doesn't really want to hurt Tommen, but Tommen is much better than people assumed a child could be and deals several wounds that will utlimately be fatal to Lancel, so one of his repostes will be fatal. King's Landing erupts into open war between the Lannisters, the Tyrells and the Warrior's Sons.

Varys is the #1 contender for this. He already killed Kevan to stop him from healing the Tyrell/Lannister alliance. If destroying that alliance is his goal, nothing will end it quicker than killing Tommen.

We already know what Varys does to his "little birds" when they've served their purpose. He obviously has no qualms about killing children when it's "for the realm."

Also... we have to have Jaime righteously, slowly strangling Cersei, and that might not happen unless we have Cersei brutally murdering Tommen a few minutes before. Just sayin.

I've always been a proponent of the theory that Cersi loses it after her last child dies and wants to use the wildfire to burn KL to the ground, and that is why Jaimie kills her. But let's not hijack the original intent of this thread.

Varys is the #1 contender for this. He already killed Kevan to stop him from healing the Tyrell/Lannister alliance. If destroying that alliance is his goal, nothing will end it quicker than killing Tommen.

We already know what Varys does to his "little birds" when they've served their purpose. He obviously has no qualms about killing children when it's "for the realm."

Mhm. And this will probably guarantee a Tyrell alliance for Aegon, since Margaery hasn't touched Tommen. Hm...this is my new favorite theory. :)

Mhm. And this will probably guarantee a Tyrell alliance for Aegon, since Margaery hasn't touched Tommen. Hm...this is my new favorite theory. :)

I don't know about that. Right now Aegon's primary goal is to secure a Dornish alliance. Personally, I think a marriage to Arianne is the only way to guarantee that, and this would preclude a Tyrell alliance for obvious reasons. Likewise, a marriage to Margaery would probably hinder any Dornish alliance. Basically, I'm not sure anyone (without dragons) can secure the loyalties of both the Reach and Dorne at this point. Tensions between those two kingdoms have been running hot for awhile now, it seems like only a matter time before things erupt.

So Aegon is only going to get Dorne or the Reach imo, not both. Securing the Reach would probably be better for him long term, but based on his current situation I think he will end up binding himself to Dorne with a marriage to Arianne.

I reckon it will either be the Tyrells or Cersei. Someone mentioned Greyscale, and we know that's going to have a wider significance later on so it's a possibility, but I'm not sure who he would get it off.

But yeah, Cersei gets my vote. (Off topic, but has anyone noticed the differing amounts of love that the child on the throne gets to her other children? Everyone always says "Cersei loves her children" but when you think about it, she loves the one that has/had a crown on its head. My point is, she rarely thinks about/mentions Myrcella, and Tommen got the same treatment before Joffrey died.)

i think he will die in an unspectacular fashion.

simple

Yes. It's a complete accident, such as a fall while tilting at the quintain. The sort of fall that any kid has while riding, but Tommen hits his head and dies. (And Cersie goes completely off the deep end when she hears.)

I see it being done by one of Varys's minions, at the right time to cause more disruption in setting up the Targareyn restoration. Or Blackfyre takeover if you think he's backing them.

(If that was really Varys that offed Kevan. Note to Lannisters: avoid crossbows at all costs.)

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/Prophecies/Entry/1827/

I had the book from the library so I don't have a copy of it specifically but if that link has the entire prophecy than it wasn't for them to die, it was for her to have a younger more beautiful person take away all they hold dear. Also, the golden crowns could be their blonde hair instead of Baratheon black?

Or is that link incomplete?

Dies at the hands of the Others, his body is recovered and while Cersei grieves he rises as a wight to strangle her.

I agree... This fulfills the prophecy regarding Cersei that Tommen will die first and then she will be killed by the "Valonquar" (Tommen is a "little brother" too...)

I reckon it will either be the Tyrells or Cersei. Someone mentioned Greyscale, and we know that's going to have a wider significance later on so it's a possibility, but I'm not sure who he would get it off.

But yeah, Cersei gets my vote. (Off topic, but has anyone noticed the differing amounts of love that the child on the throne gets to her other children? Everyone always says "Cersei loves her children" but when you think about it, she loves the one that has/had a crown on its head. My point is, she rarely thinks about/mentions Myrcella, and Tommen got the same treatment before Joffrey died.)

Thank you. I've thought this for quite some time, that she only loves them for the power she wields as the Regent and Queen Mother.

Archived