[Book Spoilers]Best scene of all time?

Noooooooo! How can this be?? :bawl: :crying:

Seriously though, the back story to ASoIaF is just as interesting as the main storyline, if not moreso....

it's just too tough to do it. they'd have to cast roles for what a 5-min sequence. even then, it would be impossible to communicate to the audience who each character was without really ragging it out with unrealistic dialogue

if theres anything important about the past that needs to be told, monologue is much more likely

Well, as long as they can manage to get the ideas of the flashbacks across somehow, that's ok. Though preferably without using sexposition....

But I do think it is sad that this might mean they won't do the dreams either.... :(

If I had to guess, it's going to be his escape attempt, but in the preview it looked as it Brienne was there; and that would mean it's going to be his release by Cat. Either way, I am sure he is going to do some killing or something. Cant Wait!

If I had to guess, it's going to be his escape attempt, but in the preview it looked as it Brienne was there; and that would mean it's going to be his release by Cat. Either way, I am sure he is going to do some killing or something. Cant Wait!

It might be the escape attempt, followed by his immediate release! :D

Yes, but flashbacks would be too cheesy and do not fit the atmosphere of the show !

Totally. Unlike, say, Robb and Talisa's Hollywood romance, prostitute boobs and Amory Lorch's slapstick death scene. Those totally fit, but god forbid the non-readers get to learn more about the fantastic lore, world-building, mythology and historical events that shaped Westeros. I mean, there aren't any tits or swearing in these flashbacks, poor HBO needs some material to work with at least...

Totally. Unlike, say, Robb and Talisa's Hollywood romance, prostitute boobs and Amory Lorch's slapstick death scene.

What “slapstick death scene”?! Where in the world did that come from? I saw no such thing, and I’ve watched the episode three times now. You laughed when Lorch was murdered? Seriously?!

Now that’s really scary.

What “slapstick death scene”?! Where in the world did that come from? I saw no such thing, and I’ve watched the episode three times now. You laughed when Lorch was murdered? Seriously?!

Now that’s really scary.

I laughed.

Now that’s really scary.

You didn't laugh?

Then again I laugh at some pretty inappropriate times epsecially in films/TV. But really, I thought that scene was deliberately done comically.

Totally. Unlike, say, Robb and Talisa's Hollywood romance, prostitute boobs and Amory Lorch's slapstick death scene. Those totally fit, but god forbid the non-readers get to learn more about the fantastic lore, world-building, mythology and historical events that shaped Westeros. I mean, there aren't any tits or swearing in these flashbacks, poor HBO needs some material to work with at least...

:agree:

It is known.

I really don't like your sarcastic post . You sound like you are some butthurt book fanboy who can't seem to enjoy anything that is out of your imagination of the books .

Now that’s really scary.

Who in the hell didn't laugh? It was meant to be comical (I personally thought it was goofy). Seriously, the guy opens the door and then suddenly drops dead, cartoon-style.

I really don't like your sarcastic post . You sound like you are some butthurt book fanboy who can't seem to enjoy anything that is out of your imagination of the books .

Right, which is why I praised invented scenes like Theon's rant to Balon, ser Rodrik's execution, etc. plenty of times. :rolleyes:

Who in the hell didn't laugh? It was meant to be comical (I personally thought it was goofy). Seriously, the guy opens the door and then suddenly drops dead, cartoon-style.

100% agree, this is one of the funniest scenes in the entire series and a great change/addition by the writers. Tyrion can't always be the only source of humor.

All I'll say is it was a damn good scene. Especially with all that talk of Barristan Selmy which is really opening it up for him being introduced to Dany at the end of the season; even if she has no clue who he is, we will.

Now that’s really scary.

To me it was more of an embarrassed cringe. Followed by "Really?!?"

I loved and hated the scene. It was awesome to watch, but thinking about its implications on Jaime's character and story makes me sad.

Well actually maybe it isn't so bad. I don't know. Is it so out of character? My first reaction was "KINSLAYING!?", but maybe it is something he could have done. I don't know his character well enough, so I'll reserve judgement till I've reread.

Oh and it was well done by NCW.

I loved and hated the scene. It was awesome to watch, but thinking about its implications on Jaime's character and story makes me sad.

Well actually maybe it isn't so bad. I don't know. Is it so out of character? My first reaction was "KINSLAYING!?", but maybe it is something he could have done. I don't know his character well enough, so I'll reserve judgement till I've reread.

Oh and it was well done by NCW.

I see it this way: if Jaime thinks that killing a barely known cousin will get him back to Cersei, he'll do it.

Now that’s really scary.

Who wouldn't have laughed at that scene? He died in such a comedic way. And it was also a massive letdown since many of us looked forward to seeing him being eaten by bears.

Archived