Regarding Cersei's prophecy

houseHB

That being said, I think the prophecy could very well refer to Cersi herself and the poor decisions she made as a young queen (having chidren with Jamie) that will eventually cast her down. The fun thing about vague prophecies are they can refer to so much!

I think that's a brilliant idea, and I wish it would work. But the words don't seem to agree with you:

"Queen you shall be. . . until there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear."

Great thinking out of the box, though. :thumbsup:

Is Val even supposed to be that hot? I thought it was just compared with the scruffs.

When you consider that even southern knights want to jump her bones, I take that to mean she is beautiful in any context.

Ser Pollo Loco, Faint:

I see your points, but don't both of them take place within the context of having been up north/pretty much around men for a while?

But I looked up her description on Wiki, and it does mention her beauty/figure, so I admit you're probably right.

Maybe I just got bored with blond-haired-light-eyed-slim-figured-busty women in the books.

I rather think that is very good evidence for it being Daenerys.

My reading of GRRM is that he is nothing if not pretty direct about these sorts of things. Take your pick, be it the House of the Undying, the Knight of the Laughing Tree, the Ghost of High Heart, Ned’s dream, or what ever else . . . when GRRM delves into the realm of mystery or prophecy or dreams, it always comes off as a flashing neon sign.

Agreed. I can't help but think GRRM is trying to make it obvious to readers for a reason -- to portray Cersei in an even more negative way than he's done in previous novels.

I just can't imagine Sansa wanting to take away everything that Cersei holds dear. It would be a bit out of character.

Agreed. I can't help but think GRRM is trying to make it obvious to readers for a reason -- to portray Cersei in an even more negative way than he's done in previous novels.

I just can't imagine Sansa wanting to take away everything that Cersei holds dear. It would be a bit out of character.

Don't think the prophecy says anything about it being deliberate, so that doesn't have to debar things.

I wouldn't care to speculate who it will be at this point at all personally. Although I am all in favour of Jon getting Val and a throne.

I guess Sansa would never hurt Tommen and Myrcella, but the prophecy onlyy stated, that the three children die and Cersei was to be brought down by an younger queen, if I remember correctly. But I don't think, it will be Sansa nor Val. Daenerys is a likely candidate and maybe Arianne? Who knows, what will happen with the Dornish princess - she could very well end up on a throne - by marrying Aegon for example (he wouldn't be the first to crown himself :D ).

Am I the only one who thinks that the new young Queen could be Myrcella?

Arianne was keen on installing Myrcella, although Doran has put an end to that. However, if Tommen dies then the process of installing Myrcella on the throne could present an opportunity for someone to take out Cersei.

On the other hand, Myrcella does have a great big scar so she may not be "more beautiful" than Cersei; and I do like the Sansa theory.

I used to think the younger queen would be Jeyen Westerling but she will probably never get to Kings Landing. Also, as Apple Martini points out there is no real connection there unless you consider that Jeyne is Maggy the Frog's granddaughter or greatgranddaughter. Sansa, I think who will be

Aegon VI's queen (Young Griff)

. There is so much personal history and bitterness toward Cersei for destroying all ideals Sansa once had about life. Most of all, her father. Yeah, this would be justice.

Harland FLint: I thought about Myrcella too, but I guess, she wouldn't count as more beautiful anymore in the Westerosi society. And according to the prophecy, she has to die, too - unless it's not meant literally - she could be dead for her mother, meaning, she will left her mother.

I think that's a brilliant idea, and I wish it would work. But the words don't seem to agree with you:

"Queen you shall be. . . until there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear."

Great thinking out of the box, though. :thumbsup:

Ah yes, details! Guess it wouldn't work for the prophecy to be refering to the younger Cersi...

Although really, my point was just that I don't think the literal meaning of this or any prophecy in the series is important other than how people react and make decisions in the story because of them. It doesn't matter if the prophecy is true, false, misunderstood, already fulfilled or yet to be fulfilled. What matters is that Cersi made a decision based on it that ended up backfiring on her.

I think the younger queen is Dany. The only other option would be someone married to one of the central male characters who could be king. I don't see it as Val at all. She lives in a different world.

The fact that Cersei has not paid much attention to Dany in the books seems unrealistic to me. The fact that she has three dragons and has conquered cities in Slaver's Bay should get Cersei's attention. But Cersei is stupid and can't see beyond her own front door. I loathe her and can't wait for her downfall. The walk of shame was not enough.

• 8 months later...

I think practically the younger queen would be Dany for the main reason that she ticks all the boxes and has the motive. If she wants to be Queen of Westeros, which she seems well on her way to achieving, then she needs to take out the Lannisters. Tommen will need to go or at least stand down for Dany and Myrcella will need to be the same, Cersei is going to have to be disposed with. Of that there is no doubt. I also think what she holds dearest is family (other than Tyrion) so that would fall in well.

But then again Dany seems to me to be far too cliche if you get my drift. It just seems to straight and predictable. We know that Dany is a force to be reckoned with and we know she's packing a serious punch but it seems too obvious to me. I understand why that maybe a reason for her to be the likely candidate but I think not. It all seems too straightforward and simple. I mean the foot fits just too well in my eyes.

Then you've got Val. Val I guess could be a possibility but somehow I just don't see it. It's one of those things my mind just won't allow, I can't see it happening for some reason.

Myrcella is a possibility but the prophecy states one more beautiful than Cersei and with her new look I don't think that's happening. Maybe once but no longer.

Sansa... well I have to admit I love this option. I would love to see Sansa otherthrow Cersei but its too out of character and I don't think she's got the right position to do that yet. She may unintentionally take everything Cersei feels is dear I suppose.

Margery, I don't think it can be her simply because Cersei thinks it is. It would be quite the shock for me if it turned out to be Margery but it wouldn't be for Cersei.

Overall I think it likely Dany is the one reffered to in the prophecy but I think it would be interesting if it was Sansa.

• 10 months later...

My prediction;

The younger, more beautiful Queen

I think there are three possiblities here. Sansa Stark, Daenerys Targaryen, and Arianne Martell.

My money is on Sansa, for the reason that at some point Sansa will outwit Cersei in the game of thrones, either directly or indirectly and cast her down.

The Valonquar

It's obiviously Jaime. He will kill Cersei in King's Landing when she tries to burn it down to deny Jon Snow's forces the prize.

Archived