What Undead Cat really wants with Jamie

houseHB

I think UnCat will want to have trial for Jaime; she heard Roose Bolton say "Jaime Lannister sends his regards" before he kills Robb, she became convinced Jaime was involved and betrayed the oath made to her.

Could it be possible that Brienne champions for Jamie when he asks for a trial by combat seeing as he has a bum hand now and him fighting left handed is useless?

Jaime can do many things for Cat and the BWB. the hostages from the RED WEDDING being first and foremost but it is certain, Briene and Jaime cannot both continue to be povs. Briene is most likely about to die.

Jaime can do many things for Cat and the BWB. the hostages from the RED WEDDING being first and foremost but it is certain, Briene and Jaime cannot both continue to be povs. Briene is most likely about to die.

You might be correct but hopefully Breinne lives and stays in the story but just doesn't get anymore PoVs.

I don't see why Brienne/Jaime can't both be POVs; we've seen contrasting POVs in the same location used effectively before. I don't think two matching swords were made from Ice for nothing; we'll see them both using them together to do something before one of them dies.

Jaime thinks the war is over; he was already about to free the hostages from the Red Wedding - he asked Ryman Frey for them at Riverrun, saying the King required them... ironically, if the BWB hadn't hung Ryman Frey (I'm not blaming them, he's one of the Freys who really is unambiguously culpable), presumably they would already be on their way somewhere. It wasn't clear exactly how/when it was going to happen, but the wheels had been set in motion.

It seems to me that Stoneheart has more reason to want Jaime dead than Cersei. Cersei's a crazy queen who helped lead to her husband's downfall, but Joffrey - who's already dead - was the real reason he died. In any case, Cersei's almost on death row as it is, plus she's well-guarded. There's that versus Jaime, who she thinks had a hand in her death and the death of her firstborn son, and who definitely had a hand in trying to kill her favorite child, and who's readily available for the slaughter.

• 3 weeks later...

I doubt it will happen, but I think it would be cool to see Brienne, and Jaime try and convince the BWB that they shouldn't follow UnCat, and that they aren't living up to their ideals of protecting the smallfolk, and are just executing people with ties to people that UnCat doesn't like.

Yeah, that would work. I am sure all of the BWB would be really willing to listen to Jaime Lannister, none of them has a reason to hate the Lannister at all. It's not like the Lannisters hunted them down, killed the family of many of them and tortured thousands just to find info about the BWB...

From one David to another, i got to say, i love your jaded, mocking commentary on these boards.

The frustration and dare i say contempt you reek of for the inane ramblings of others is so tangible it gives me cavities.

Good job of it man.

And i'm totally serious.

Too many silly theories/hopes/castings that seem to lack evident root in the novels are espoused on these boards. Its nice to see it irritates others, beside myself.

The UnCat/Jaime/Brienne storyline is my current favorite, too. I think it's pretty obvious that UnCat wants to kill Jaime, but I doubt she succeeds. It's already been proven that an 'arisen' corpse like Thoros and Beric Dondarrion can be killed and reanimated, but I personally think UnCat will die and stay dead. And I agree with the poster that said that Jaime will be the valonquar, and not Tyrion. Tyrion is too obvious. I am curious to know if Jaime is the younger of the twins. Does anyone know?

I'm so interested in UnCat...someone else on the board pointed out that Beric D. retained more of his 'humanness' because he wasn't dead as long as Cat...I think that's a great point.

Hah! UnCat just wants his body of course, after hearing Brienne's ravings about the bath scene at Harrenhal - half god, half man! :D ;) And then there can be a "cat fight" over Jaime, with Brienne wielding Oathkeeper ... :fencing:

Hah! UnCat just wants his body of course, after hearing Brienne's ravings about the bath scene at Harrenhal - half god, half man! :D ;) And then there can be a "cat fight" over Jaime, with Brienne wielding Oathkeeper ... :fencing:

And Lady Stoneheart with ICE II.

But first, I am excited for Jaime's exploration of Lady Stoneheart's Undead Tully Swamp, and for her to taste his Casterly Rock. Mmmmmm.

He'll kiss her, and his tongue will taste of wine, and hers shall taste of cold, sweet death.

• 8 months later...

Archived