Stannis humor

"Lord xy said it was wonderful. If I showed him (...) of my chamber pot he'll say the same."

I don't remember name of this lord... I am sorry.

Iirc that's lord celtigar.

"Lord xy said it was wonderful. If I showed him (...) of my chamber pot he'll say the same."

I don't remember name of this lord... I am sorry.

Yeah he was referring to Celitgar and the exact quote was something like "if I showed him the contents of my privvy"

• 1 month later...

If I'm completely honest, I believe I felt somewhat indifferent towards him at first and was largely a 'Stark-man' the first time I read the books (though I rooted for him during Blackwater simply so he could take out the Lannisters and free Sansa, and I always put him above Renly) and only really discovered how great he is once he appeared at the Wall. The show could still go there and evoke that in viewers, but since Dan and David hate Stannis, it's not gonna happen. 5 bucks says they're gonna show his army cutting down Wildling women and children rather than just warriors.

• 2 weeks later...

This thread has kept me laughing all day. I literally shot my drink through my nose at a couple of points. It's made me see Stannis in a whole new light. I never realized his wit.

Bravo Not_A_Lady_Brienne for starting this thread.

:agree: I never understood why there are so many Stannis fans... until now! I can't believe I missed all this! :lol: Bravo indeed! Stannis has a new fan. He's like the Anne Robinson of Westeros.

• 1 month later...

I just watched the second season's bonus histories, and the History of Dragonstone, narrated by Stannis, has a great Stannis quote about Dragon glass.

"The Targaryens called this sharp substance Dragon Glass. I called it useless". You have to hear how he delivers the line after the set up, it's perfect Stannis humor.

YES.

I don't know how anyone can say that Stannis is humorless. He really does have a terrific dry wit.

"Robert could piss in a cup and men would call it wine, but I offer them cold clear water and they squint in suspicion and mutter to each other about how queer it tastes."

I've never really realised how funny he is until now! That pissing in a cup line is hilarious! was that from the show or the book or both?

I would really like to know, why people in Westeros claim Stannis has no humor and more importantly: If Stannis is making his jokes intentional or are just happening?^^

Most people have never met or spoken to Stannis, so they don't hear his jokes and they wouldn't even hear of them. Of the people who know him personally, he works had to project an austere, forbidding aura. He never smiles and most important he doesn't laugh at other people's jokes -- if you ever noticed, people tend to lob the, "You have no sense of humor" allegation when you don't find their jokes funny.

Most of Stannis's jokes are intentional, in a snarky and cutting sort of way.

Archived