Stannis humor

• 2 weeks later...

"I was sick unto death of this wretched boy (Edric Storm) before he was even born," the King (Stannis) complained. "His very name is a roaring in my ears and a dark cloud upon my soul."

Stannis complained when his wife and to other followers were repeatedly urging him to sacrifice Robert's bastard. - ASOS, Chapter 59: Davos

I love his sarcasm! Too bad it was not portrayed much in the TV show.

Off-topic. I guess the TV prods hate him because they know Stannis will either be the King of the Iron Throne OR he will bring death to some of our beloved characters. Or maybe, some decision of his will lead to the destruction of the Seven Kingdoms, instead of saving it.

No. Show Stannis isn't as good as book Stannis, I'm saying the character hasn't been ruined like a lot of people say so.

They did tear down what most people arguably think is his most redeeming quality: his sense of justice. Book Stannis completely refused to burn Edric initially, and had to be gradually won over to make him consider breaking his 'code' for the good of the realm. Show Stannis wanted it done as soon as he had Gendry in his power, and it was only after talking to Davos that he halted it, but then he was straight back on the train again after a single death (which is another problem, he ping-pongs between Mel and Davos depending on who advises him last on the show).

And they cut the line about him seeing his own death in the flames. :bang:

They did tear down what most people arguably think is his most redeeming quality: his sense of justice. Book Stannis completely refused to burn Edric initially, and had to be gradually won over to make him consider breaking his 'code' for the good of the realm. Show Stannis wanted it done as soon as he had Gendry in his power, and it was only after talking to Davos that he halted it, but then he was straight back on the train again after a single death (which is another problem, he ping-pongs between Mel and Davos depending on who advises him last on the show).

And they cut the line about him seeing his own death in the flames. :bang:

Another downside would be that show Stannis is coo-coo for cocoa puffs horny for Mel. Kinda loses a bit of respect after that.

It's blatantly obvious they dislike Stannis, they like Dany and Tyrion and are glorifying them.

Not sure what that has to do with the post you qouted. The point is GRRM obviously likes these guys if he turned down huge offers for years, until he found someone he felt worthy of taking on his story.

Of course not, I have plenty of gripes with the show. But overall their doing a great job, imo. Especially considering the size of story they have taken on.

I agree to a certain extent they did a good job, but i will always have it against them that they royally screwed up Stannis and i do think some casting wasn't great or was nowhere near i expected. Of-course i know that it can't be perfect. But they clearly don't understand Stannis and it is evident that they dislike him. They have also screwed Cat, Sansa , Loras and Yar/Asha to a certain extent, while they have been clearly over-glorifying tyrion and dany the characters they like and you know that.

I agree to a certain extent they did a good job, but i will always have it against them that they royally screwed up Stannis and i do think some casting wasn't great or was nowhere near i expected. Of-course i know that it can't be perfect. But they clearly don't understand Stannis and it is evident that they dislike him. They have also screwed Cat, Sansa , Loras and Yar/Asha to a certain extent, while they have been clearly over-glorifying tyrion and dany the characters they like and you know that.

Rant about the show:

• Jon Snow has been miscast.

Catelyn crying about the non existent wrongs she did to Jon...

Tyrion is such a nice guy

Stannis is a villain

Melisandre comes off as sex starved

Stannis comes off as sex starved

*sigh*

Did Stannis say anything like

"Lord Veltigar would find the contents of my chamber pot admirable" or something like that in the show?

They didn't do that. It's a shame though, I think I deserve at least a shout-out :P

[it's Lord Celtigar in the books by the way :P I'm really messing with your minds with the V :P ]

He begs for booty.

You've been stealing my line! :D

It's just unbelievable that two TV producers are missing an opportunity to bring in some black humour into the show by including some of the rough diamonds that are Stannis oneliners. But I guess boobs work better in an audiovisual media or something...

You've been stealing my line! :D

It's just unbelievable that two TV producers are missing an opportunity to bring in some black humour into the show by including some of the rough diamonds that are Stannis oneliners. But I guess boobs work better in an audiovisual media or something...

Boobs work better for the uneducated horny teenagers.

Archived