What will Khal Jhaqo do with Daenerys?

Lady Hodor

To me they appear an obvious plot device to enforce whatever peace she makes in Slaver's Bay.

Could be. I just want her to start heading to Westeros with her dragons. Jorah and Barristan have both reminded her of the objective and that she needs to start heading that way. She could've had Dorne at her side. Forget about the khalasar and learning to rule. Her dragons will ensure that she gets to learn on the job.

Personally speaking, I don't think Daenerys was ever meant to rule. Especially now, with the five year gap done away with. I think the rest of her story will be a series of more impressive conquests followed by death while giving birth to a child. Cue the visions of the red door as her life fades away.

Could be. I just want her to start heading to Westeros with her dragons. Jorah and Barristan have both reminded her of the objective and that she needs to start heading that way. She could've had Dorne at her side. Forget about the khalasar and learning to rule. Her dragons will ensure that she gets to learn on the job.

why does she HAVE to go to Westeros

why does she HAVE to go to Westeros

For starters, because the author has already indicated that she will (on multiple occasions). Beyond that, there is plenty of in-text support, most prominently in the visions and prophecies in the House of the Undying.

For starters, because the author has already indicated that she will (on multiple occasions). Beyond that, there is plenty of in-text support, most prominently in the visions and prophecies in the House of the Undying.

sure, but why now?

iirc, the last Dany scene has her standing by Drogon facing Khal Jhago who has 'half a hundred' men with him... that is not impossible odds, we dont know where the rest of the Khalasar is located.. If she goes do Vaes Dothrak its hard to see her leaving for westeros in twow. I dont see Dany being separated from her three dragons... if someone else gets the other two... it seems like that would just add even more plots to the story... there are enough plots and subplots already..... lets move towards a conclusion :bowdown:

Well, what's interesting is that in a recent interview the author once again reiterated that he plans on only having two more books. Obviously, he could be very wrong about that (his track record makes that possibility more than plausible) -- but, even so, the very fact that he thinks this can be accomplished in two more books would seem to argue that Daenerys will make landing in Westeros within the pages of The Winds of Winter.

Martin has said that the second dance of the dragons will be the subject of a book. Presumably this was meant to be A Dance With Dragons, but too much of that book was filled with what should have been in A Feast For Crows. This seems to suggest that Dany will be in Westeros within the next book.

I do think it is somewhat exaggerated what needs to be resolved in Meereen before progressing to the next section of Daenerys' story. I figure she'll have roughly 10 POVs in the next book. The first 3 or 4 will probably concern the Dothraki and Meereen, the next 2 or 3 will probably consist of travel episodes and the last 3 or so will be her in Westeros. Also, keep in mind, Tyrion's POV is there to round out any of the holes or take some of the story from her.

I do think it is somewhat exaggerated what needs to be resolved in Meereen before progressing to the next section of Daenerys' story. I figure she'll have roughly 10 POVs in the next book. The first 3 or 4 will probably concern the Dothraki and Meereen, the next 2 or 3 will probably consist of travel episodes and the last 3 or so will be her in Westeros. Also, keep in mind, Tyrion's POV is there to round out any of the holes or take some of the story from her.

Yes, exactly. Tyrion has never had less than nine POV chapters in a book, and Dany's average is around eight. I think it's therefore safe to assume that there will be at least fifteen chapters between them to cover events in the next book, not including the Victarion chapters and any potential Barristan chapters.

it should rather be what Daenerys will do with Khal Jhoqo, since she has a badass dragon with her that could help Dany take anything she wants (with fire and blood). Dany will likely add them to her army, as many people have wanted to see the Dothraki battle in westeros, and im guessing grrm had planned all along for dothraki to be part of the war whee Dany takes the throne.

Yes, exactly. Tyrion has never had less than nine POV chapters in a book, and Dany's average is around eight. I think it's therefore safe to assume that there will be at least fifteen chapters between them to cover events in the next book, not including the Victarion chapters and any potential Barristan chapters.

I think I'm going with that assumption myself. They might usually have 20 chapters between them but, assuming they join together, I think they will finish with a combined 15 chapters in the next book since they will be part of the same story.

I actually figure we'll get a lot of them in the first and last quarter of the book, while the middle half might only contain a single chapter from each of them, which will basically serve as travel chapters.

I think she has left Meereen for good. She isnt staying with the Dothraki either. I think she will continue East and find out how to handle the dragons. Meanwhile Barristan, Tyrion, Jorah, and the Unsullied are more loyal to her personally than anyone else in Meereen. WHen they hear she is in Westeros they will get together to meet her. Not sure how she gets the other two dragons back. Would be cute if VIctarion and Moqorro capture them and transport them out of Meereen only to have Dany recapture them (Dracarys > dragonbinder) somehow - perhaps Tyrion and Barristan will ride them.

Danny is going to kill Kal Jhaqo his Blood Riders and steal his Khalasar. Once the rest of the Dothraki see theirs leaders skin melt off their skin they will follow.

If you are wondering why she will kill him it is foreshadowed:

Jhaqo was the second to declare himself Khal after Drogo's illness. His khalasar consists of twenty thousand riders.[2]It is said that Mago became one of his Bloodriders.

Before departing, Mago stole Eroeh, an innocent girl Daenerys had protected from him. Mago raped her and gave her to Jhaqo to rape as well. The girl was then raped by six of Jhaqo's other men before having her throat slit. When Daenerys learned of Ereoh's fate she said: “ "It was a cruel fate, Yet not so cruel as Mago's will be. I promise you that, by the old gods and the new, by the lamb god and the horse god and every god that lives. I swear by the Mother of Mountains and the Womb of the World. Before I am done with them, Mago and Ko Jhaqo will plead for the mercy they showed Eroeh."

Someone promising to kill someone else isn't foreshadowing. I seem to recall Khal Drogo doing this very thing, talking about the Usurper, when they found that assassin sent to kill Daenerys.. Didn't end the way he wished. Promises mean nothing, words are wind.

"Vaes Dothrak is large enough to house every man of every khalasar, should all the khals return to the Mother at once. The crones have prophesied that one day that will come to pass, and so Vaes Dothrak must be ready to embrace all its children.”

This is why Dany has run into Khal Jhaqo. I just don't see how she's not a stand-in Mother who will unite the Dothraki.

Well, what's interesting is that in a recent interview the author once again reiterated that he plans on only having two more books. Obviously, he could be very wrong about that (his track record makes that possibility more than plausible) -- but, even so, the very fact that he thinks this can be accomplished in two more books would seem to argue that Daenerys will make landing in Westeros within the pages of The Winds of Winter.

I have a hard time envisioning Dany getting Westeros in the next two books ... it just seems like big squeeze of events to me. Maybe George sill change his mind again within the next three years to bump the series to eight books? lol

• 4 weeks later...

Archived