What will Khal Jhaqo do with Daenerys?

Lady Hodor

Haven't you figured out the formula yet?

You take what you expect to happen from what the book builds up (Dany standing next to Drogon about to have a family reunion bbq).

Then you think of the opposite/worst possible thing that could happen (Dany feints from the pale mare soiling herself uncontrollably, and Drogon bbqs Dany while the dothraki laugh).

So if the First thought outcome is a 1 and the worst outcome is a 10, you take and go to about 8. Which would be Drogon flying away at sunset, while the dothraki laugh at Dany soiling herself.

Shouldn't the question be what will Dany do with/to Khal Jhaqo?

No, because that is what the chapter tries to lead you into believing will be the result, but as always it will be the unexpected opposite.

dont jhaqo and dany have beef from when he left originally?

yes, she said he would die next time they met.

I'm just hoping for the sake of my sanity that we will only have to read a couple of chapters about the Dothraki at most. I wasn't terribly interested in them the first time around.

the idea that Drogon just up and leaves then is kind of silly. Dany is standing right next to him, and Dragons go towards danger, not away from it.

Dragons go wherever the hell they want, its not that hes running, its that he doesn't care. We know he always goes back to 'new' Dragonstone every evening at dusk. In the scene before the chapter ends, THE SUN IS SETTING. Hes probably going to finish eating and fly off.

Dragons go wherever the hell they want, its not that hes running, its that he doesn't care. We know he always goes back to 'new' Dragonstone every evening at dusk. In the scene before the chapter ends, THE SUN IS SETTING. Hes probably going to finish eating and fly off.

"No, because that is what the chapter tries to lead you into believing will be the result, but as always it will be the unexpected opposite."

Do you recognise the quote above? So, that was my point. The chapter leaves it very open, it could go either way.

"No, because that is what the chapter tries to lead you into believing will be the result, but as always it will be the unexpected opposite."

Do you recognise the quote above? So, that was my point. The chapter leaves it very open, it could go either way.

The setting sun and drogon's habits are much more subtle than the obvious dany is going to roast jhaqo, that is why i choose to believe that many lulz will occur and dany will be taken to vaes dothrak

The setting sun and drogon's habits are much more subtle than the obvious dany is going to roast jhaqo, that is why i choose to believe that many lulz will occur and dany will be taken to vaes dothrak

It's definitely possible. But please, by the old gods and the new, I pray this doesn't happen. :)

One hopes she will mercifully have him killed instantly, incinerated with dragon flame in one fell swoop. However, I have reason to fear she will not be so kind.

I fear that instead, Dany may subject poor Khal Jhaqo to a fate worse than death-- she will sit him down, offer him some dragon charred animal meat, and then slowly, unforgivably, subject him to a summary of her "plot" and "character development" over the last book.

Khal Jhaquo is clearly a strong man, accustomed to the murder, pillage, and cruelty of Dorthraki life, hardened by constant warfare. But no man, woman, or child is truly ready to endure a slow recitation of the stagnancy that was Danerys storyline in ADWD. Based on his years of perfecting the art of murderous warfare, no doubt he will be able to make it through the first 15 minutes or so of Danerys anecdotes.

However, when she gets around the 20 minute mark (and, inicidentally, the 50th time she and Daario had hot and intricately described sex) no doubt his eyes will begin to glaze over. Not long after that, he will deteriorate into a state of mania, begging for Danerys to kill him, feed him to her dragon, or in the very least gouge out his ears and eyes with Valeryian steel blades so he does not have to listen to another second's worth of this tedious story that, in truth, never should have been told, and is more or less sloppy filler. At that point, he will either fall into a lifelong deathlike trance/ coma, or his head will combust with the pressure of the boredom pressing his thoughts, exploding into billions of tiny pieces. Which Drogon can then consume for lunch.

Either way, it'd win for Danerys. I just hope we won't have to see it.

You have used a spoiler for this ^^ possibly the most accurate theory I have ever read. Bravo!!!! :cheers:

I think GRRM, said something about untangling Mereen, i'm sure if it isn't anything other than controlling the khalasar it would be another Mereen, so I hope thats not the case. Unless he wants to prolong the books another three books.

I think GRRM, said something about untangling Mereen, i'm sure if it isn't anything other than controlling the khalasar it would be another Mereen, so I hope thats not the case. Unless he wants to prolong the books another three books.

I wouldn't mind. I think it would be awesome if GRRM did a main ending for first seven (or more) books. Then did prequels, or not-so-distant future books of the main characters off spring. I can't really get into anything else now anyways due to ASOIAF addiction.

ETA:

Well we have Barristan to give us a Meereen POV, and Vic is on the way.

Archived