What will Khal Jhaqo do with Daenerys?

Lady Hodor

I agree. I don't remember Drogon flying off. But I'll check it. Even is he flew off, Khal Jhaqo doesn't know how much control Daenerys has over him, so she can tell him Get lost, or my dragon will come back and roast you.

Won't work. I don't believe that Dothraki khals even have the ability to fold.

Which only means, as I believe she has far stronger hand, she should value bet his ass off: they both agree to go all-in, and Drogon barbecues and eats him.

Dany has made it clear that she wants to rid her people of slavery. A good start to that would be to put an end the Dothraki people. Or, she'll take the Khalasar with the strict order to not raid, rape, or take slaves, and a repeat of mereen will happen. Conquer a people, ignore their culture, destroy their economy, and see them put an arrow through her. The Dothraki are the most skilled bowsman of Essos.

I am a firm believe that Dany is the Great Mother that Unites all the Khalasars as one. She's already had a powerful reception with the crones declaring her child to be the Stallion the mounts the world, and her "horse" just happens to be her most powerful dragon, named after Drogo, the previous most powerful Khal.

Whether or not she toasts Jhaqo I think will depend on if he hesitates to kneel/bow.

I have a feeling they'll bow to her. They left her abandoned to die in the wilderness, and when they come back to find her in probably a year or so she is still savage but is standing along side a full grown dragon. Pretty impressive stuff if you ask me.

The Dothraki are not really the most clever of people, if they see a big black dragon, bigger than any mount they've seen, they'll most likely beg her for mercy.

I fail to see how begging for mercy when confronted to a big dragon can be considered as not clever ?

What would be the clever thing to do ? fight the big dragon and meet a horrible death ?

Interestingly, Dany notes that Drogon spews black fire.

I always wondered about that : how does black fire look like ? I can imagine green fire, red fire, blue fire, white fire... but black ? That must be extra-weird !

• 2 weeks later...

I'd have to agree with Pomp & Happenstence. It seems that whole "Uniting the khalasar" prophecy fits too perfectly with her situation here not to occur.

Obviously Dany won't die, even the murderer-of-main-characters Martin won't kill her just yet, "This is not the day I die" Jojen Reed might say for her.

Her story has come too far and developed too much for it to end so pointlessly and abruptly in a murder at a Dothraki hand, not even anyone Westerosi.

And of course Dany sort of needs to live if the dragons are to be brought into the thick of things, to burn the warring Westeros to ashes.

I can't remember where I read it, but GRRM said once that Mago would have a significant role to play in Daenerys' storyline in the next book - he was trying to alert the TV writers, who wanted Drogo to kill him off, but they didn't listen, and Mago got his tongue ripped out in the show.

But I'm guessing Jhaqo will try to resist, he will get toasted, and Dany will, by defeating the strongest of them, become the new Khal. Mago I feel may play the new minor antagonist within the Dothraki, and perhaps try to kill her, or maybe he's the one who convinces the rest of the khalasar to bow to her.

"Before I am done with them, Mago and Ko Jhaqo will plead for the mercy they showed Eroeh."

"Khaleesi, Jhaqo is khal now, with twenty thousand riders at his back."

"And I am Daenerys Stormborn, Daenerys of House Targaryen, of the blood of Aegon the Conqueror and Maegor the Cruel and old Valyria before them. I am the dragon's daughter, and I swear to you, these men will die screaming."

So... yeah.

Yeah. I was going to say I recall Dany having some choice words about Jhoqo and given her shift away from a reconcilatory mindset in the chapter I foresee lots of burned flesh. She will likely spare the khalasar as she needs the fighters but I would bet a very warm death for Jhoqo and his bloodriders.

I agree. I don't remember Drogon flying off. But I'll check it. Even is he flew off, Khal Jhaqo doesn't know how much control Daenerys has over him, so she can tell him Get lost, or my dragon will come back and roast you.

We know Drogon comes when she calls him

My current theory is she has the bloody flux and dies. Victorian has the dragonbinder and his Red Priest (who seems a lot more competent than Melisandre), the dragons are running loose (with some affection for Brown Ben Plumm) they might have some affection for Jon Snow, the Archmeister is on his way with some dragon knowledge - all leading to some sort of clash at Meereen - where Tyrion and Jorah already have landed.

Or she flies east and now that I have heard Asshai is not significant I dont know where the heck she will land.

Or she becomes the leader of the Dothraki. She might drop out of the quest for the West completely in other words.

Meanwhile at the Roost - well I'm still working on that.

And where is Tyrek? I thought he was the feigned Aegon, but surely Tyrion would have recognized him.

Marie

Actually I'm afraid we're getting some sort of Blackwater Battle around Mereen. Barristan (like Tyrion) seems to be losing, and then Daenerys comes to save the day (like the Tywin/Tyrell alliance) with Drogon and her new khalasar.

Archived