What will Khal Jhaqo do with Daenerys?

Lady Hodor

I think Dany will have Drogon toast Khal Jhago's Dathraki as she promised in GOT, swearing by every god and the Mother of Mountains and the Womb of the World that Mago (already dead in series, maybe replaced with Khal Pono) and Ko Jhaqo will plead for the mercy they denied Eroeh (758).

I don't see any way, given the hints GRRM has given thus far, for Dany to avoid ending up in Vaes Dothrak. Not only does the prophecy from the HOTU point there, but we know how much GRRM loves his parallels, and given all the parallels thus far between Dany and Cersei, the fact that Cersei ended up imprisoned by a bunch of crones at the end of AFFC can very easily foreshadow a parallel with Dany being imprisoned by the crones of Vaes Dothrak in TWOW.

Whether she goes to Vaes Dothrak of her own volition or she gets dragged there in chains, it all depends on Drogon. If he stays with her, if he roasts the khalasar, then Dany's position is strong, and she'll be the one calling the shots. But the problem is, look at what Dany says about Drogon's daily schedule:

Every day he hunts in the Dothraki Sea, but every night he flies back to his lair. And look at what time it is when Dany encounters the khalasar:

So Drogon always leaves off his hunting at nighttime to fly back to his lair, Dany's final chapter ended with the sky turning dark as night approaches . . . I think Drogon's going to fly back to Dragonstone, and Dany's going to find herself stranded among a hostile khalasar led by a khal who's going to drag her back to Vaes Dothrak kicking and screaming. Whoops.

Given that Dany and Drogon have become pretty close in the Dothraki Sea, I doubt if he'd just fly off and leave her.

I think Dany will have Drogon toast Khal Jhago's Dathraki as she promised in GOT, swearing by every god and the Mother of Mountains and the Womb of the World that Mago (already dead in series, maybe replaced with Khal Pono) and Ko Jhaqo will plead for the mercy they denied Eroeh (758).

I always missread his name as "Khal Pony"

khal jhaqo will be roasted, Mago too, if he is there. Dany does not need more troops, as an American politician said years ago , "it's the dragons, stupid."

I hope Dany returns to Meereen quickly.... she needs to get the dragons under control or she will never get to westeros in the next 2 books. move the story along, please.

A question since we are on Dany and her dragon and speculating in a spirit of fun - do Tagaryans have special 'small clothes' for riding dragons? Isn't drogon hot and scaley - ouch! I now she is bleeding - is the chafing causing this?

Also, based on possible Martin foreshadowing, Tyrion is the designer of Bran's saddle, as he designed his own. So Tyrion will be hired to design saddles and reins for the two neglected dragons. He will also so impress whomever with his knowledge of dragonlore that he will be hired to train and ride the dragons. [Meanwhile, many dragon trainers will be fried as well as brave riders).

Dany getting dragged to Vaes Dothrak in this particular context is hilarious.

Drogon will fly away at dusk, it is known. Dany reality check ensues. Shes a self-centered, egocentric teenager. Her being dragged to Vaes Dothrak WOULD be hilarious. For me it would be great laugh out loud moment, you know one of those crazy laughs you do when you read something funny but everyone around you just thinks your nuts because your laughing at seemingly nothing. fufufufu

Daenerys has been in physical danger her whole life. To ignore this is laughable.

We know King Bob WISHED he had sent hired knives after her and Viscerys sooner, but he didn't. The threat was across the sea, but no actual physical danger. She believed she was in danger because her older bro said so. Otherwise, shes in no more physical danger than any other inhabitant of this world.

We know King Bob WISHED he had sent hired knives after her and Viscerys sooner, but he didn't. The threat was across the sea, but no actual physical danger. She believed she was in danger because her older bro said so. Otherwise, shes in no more physical danger than any other inhabitant of this world.

She spent her childhood travelling with a brother who often resorted to beating her. So yeah, she was in physical danger her whole life.

She spent her childhood travelling with a brother who often resorted to beating her. So yeah, she was in physical danger her whole life.

Siblings fight, sometimes coming to blows. It is known.

Beating on people seems to be much more common place in this world anyway. So I stand by my statement that shes been in no more real danger than any other inhabitant of the world.

Must I remind you of Clouts to the ear? By your logic Egg was in physical danger from Dunk.

Siblings fight, sometimes coming to blows. It is known.

Beating on people seems to be much more common place in this world anyway. So I stand by my statement that shes been in no more real danger than any other inhabitant of the world.

Must I remind you of Clouts to the ear? By your logic Egg was in physical danger from Dunk.

Comon dude, I really dont like her but viserys was a targ sicko. That is the worst kind, she was in danger from him. Gods forbid she wake the dragon.LOL silly Targs.

(what has the world come to when I must defend her?)

She'll have a Dothraki Khalasar when he gets to Westeros I think.

I wish this happens. She could trade his life for all those Dothraki screamers. It would be sad for her to leave her Unsullied in Meereen but they could find a way to catch up with her I bet.

Jhaqo will fight, and lose, the dragons mortality must and will be tested but it's too important for Dany's grip on the Khalasar that she crush Jhaqo in straight sets. The crones will be a show for the wholly united khalasar, a way for Dany to validate her leadership to those who would value their Dothraki customs more than their lives and would be otherwise unsure with her as their leader. Dany won't go to the crones a beggar or needing any saving, the crones will throw themselves at her feet from fear of displeasing her. Think Oldtown with Aegon outside the gates, and the none too surprising epiphany the faith and city had under the threat of dragon flame.

Archived