What will Khal Jhaqo do with Daenerys?

Lady Hodor

Dany has made it clear that she wants to rid her people of slavery. A good start to that would be to put an end the Dothraki people.

But... she is the Khaleesi! The queen of the slavers/rapists/reavers she despises.

Well, I am not sure where you get this from that she wanted all the glory and power but none of the responsibilities, and I cannot for the life of me see how Dany being dragged to Vaes Dothrak the way you suggest (i.e. in a violent way) could be anything deemed "hilarious" unless you find wishing violence on a character hilarious?
How is roasting a person alive any better?

See for me Dany is leaning on Drogon looking for all the world like some hot fifties babe leaning on a hot rod. Jhaquo says "Hey Dany, man Drogon got big, hey look, sorry for the misunderstanding when Drogo died, we were all stressed. Anyway we've been looking for you to say how sorry we all are and to see if you need anything. Did I mention how big Drogon got? We heard that you've been kicking tail in Slaver's Bay and we're here for you."

See for me Dany is leaning on Drogon looking for all the world like some hot fifties babe leaning on a hot rod. Jhaquo says "Hey Dany, man Drogon got big, hey look, sorry for the misunderstanding when Drogo died, we were all stressed. Anyway we've been looking for you to say how sorry we all are and to see if you need anything. Did I mention how big Drogon got? We heard that you've been kicking tail in Slaver's Bay and we're here for you."

I like it! HBO should recast Jeff Conaway as Jhaqo.

• 2 months later...

An urgent message for the critics of Dany's ADwD arc: C'mon people, catch up with the genius that Martin has filled this with! You keep complaining that it's frustrating that "Dany is making bad decisions" - don't you see? It's meant to be frustrating. Dany isn't supposed to be a fairy tale heroine. Whether you personally like her or not, her arc in Slaver's Bay is tremendous literature. Yes, it can be frustrating, like The Wire and today's Middle East are frustrating. It's not that Dany is making bad decisions - it's that there are no good decisions. Every possible move is a tragic deal with the devil. Dany is wrestling with universal problems that are significantly harder than those that even Jon is faced with. It's not a black and white world. Look - there are a lot of characters with similar and odd sounding names - and a lot of simpler chapters coming in-between that make it harder to keep the Meereen arc straight, but it's all there if you're patient and it's a freaking masterpiece - pure genius. The secret is to read or listen to the audiobook chapters PoV by PoV - go through ADwD listening to all of Tyrion, all of Dany,  all of Barristan, all of Quentin, all of Victarion and the TWoW preview chapters. And read this guy's blog: https://meereeneseblot.wordpress.com/2013/10/02/untangling-the-meereenese-knot-part-iii-danys-struggle-with-herself/comment-page-1/#comment-1353. Dany's arc unto itself is breathtakingly brilliant but when you see it as a poetic parallel to Jon's leadership arc it's just magnificent. I admit that even on the second reading I was still confusing the Shavepate and the perfumed seneschal, and all the various sell swords, but when it finally fits together in your mind, every piece of the puzzle matters -  it's just amazing. And lastly, don't let the TV show throw you off the track - they've missed the point so spectacularly and so catastrophically, it's just painful to even think about. I would go so far as to say that the show's treatment of Meereen is signicantly worse than their treatment of Dorne - and that's saying a LOT. If you care enough about this saga to be on this forum, don't miss out on how great Books IV and V are, especially Meereen.

Tradition decrees that Jhaqo delivers her to Vaes Dothrak... but I don't see that happening. He's either going to try to take her himself, try and kill her, or just let her be/make peace. But it's Jhaqo and 50 men vs Dany and Drogon. It's a fairly even fight so he might not be willing to try and press the issue. The question is whether Dany will let things stand. She promised to kill Jhaqo, and her best chance is right there and then as he doesn't have his 20,000 men with him. Like I said it's a fairly even fight at the moment so she might try and take him out then while he's separated from his khalasar.

Archived