[Book spoilers] Robb negotiating for peace?

In this episode, Robb want away to some place (forgot where) to negotiate a peace. I understand it as a plot device, the need to get him away from Cat both so that she can release the Kingslayer without Robb interfering, and so that he can sleep with and marry the Westerling woman without Cat interfering.

But what will come of this, do you reckon?

He went to The Crag, the seat of House Westerling in the books. This is when Robb gets injured and is nursed back to health by Jeyne, whether it unfolds like that in the show is hard to say. According to the previews, this is the episode where "Robb is betrayed," though I'm assuming that is concerning Cat, Jaime or Rickard Karstark as opposed to the revelation of Talisa being Jeyne.

Edit: I don't think Robb was negotiated peace as much as accepting surrender.

I doubt Robb is going to be injured as a result of the negotiations, so I am definitely curious how he and Jeyne/Talisa will do the deed. I assume that this will be shown and not merely mentioned in later exposition, for instance, when they arrive back at his camp suddenly hand in hand. In either case, Robb is probably coming back to his mother and his men as a hitched/betrothed man, and I cannot wait to see everyone's reaction, especially Cat's and Roose's.

Since they're not showing the battles, I suspect they will not reveal the nature of how Robb gets an 'arrow wound' which Jeyne Westerling nurses him back to health over as done in the books. I have a suspicion they'll show a scene or two of him already wounded and in bed (in her family's home at the Crag), and due to close proximity and him being undressed, they may have a short love scene with our without sex shown. Perhaps they'll even throw in her Father 'catching them' in a compromising position and Robb doing the 'right thing' by proposing to her. This wasn't really described in detail in the books so the producers can take all the liberty they want with it in the show.

i didn't actually realize he's probably not going to be injured until now. well either way, his arrow wound was what got him in her bed and introduced them in the first place, and later they slept together once he found out about bran and rickon. seeing as they already know eachother, I'm guessing it'll just cut straight to the sex.

last night brienne mentions Robb will be back tom. So doubtful he got injured cause he was going to accept surrender not storm the castle. Inthat case it would be illogical he would have time to bed and betrothe Talyne. I wouldnt want to predict how they will play it out.

I don't think Robb will be injured. I think he will find out that Talisa is Jeyne when they get to the Crag to accept the surrender. Then in true HBO style they will cut right to the sex. He will get hitched and go back to camp a few days later. That will give Jamie and Brienne a few days to get away.

Of course she obviously has some medical knowledge and there is a thing called Moon Tea but Robb Stark is as "honorable" as his father so the story does not go there, and as we all know Robb's honor will do him as much good as it did his father.

Winter Warrior, you post made me think of something. In the books, do we know that Jeyne is definitely not pregnant with Robb's baby, or was that left up in the air? I think the last we hear from her is book 4 with Jamie's PoV, but she did not seem to be carrying a child then. Why do I feel like that is not a sure thing?

last night brienne mentions Robb will be back tom. So doubtful he got injured cause he was going to accept surrender not storm the castle. Inthat case it would be illogical he would have time to bed and betrothe Talyne. I wouldnt want to predict how they will play it out.
I guess they could have the marriage in season 3. Besides going to Riverrun(kinda has too unless the totally get rid of it) there isn't much he would probably do until the RW. I think that taking off Karstark's head is something that can happen next episode.

It's quite possible that Jayne will comfort Robb after he is "betrayed" by Catelyn, the singlemost person he trusts without question, she above everyone else. Her betrayal (releasing the Kingslayer) could be very much like a metaphorical death to him, not requiring the knowledge of his two youngest siblings at all, which forms the catalyst for sex/marriage. Both actions would result in the same sticky wicket situations in the book, and ultimately suffice for the larger betrayals in the future, for HBOGoT.

I watched an interview with Fairley, and she kept talking about the journey she goes on, the horses, the landscapes, etc.---Are we certain that HBO has her remaining with Robb post-Jaime release? I'm wondering because with all the adjustments from the books, would they be crazy enough to have Brienne, Jaime, and Catelyn make a break for Kings Landing together? The interview got me wondering what changes will be made to this part of ASoS for season 3. Thoughts? Like it? Hate it? Speak up, y'heard?

It's quite possible that Jayne will comfort Robb after he is "betrayed" by Catelyn, the singlemost person he trusts without question, she above everyone else. Her betrayal (releasing the Kingslayer) could be very much like a metaphorical death to him, not requiring the knowledge of his two youngest siblings at all, which forms the catalyst for sex/marriage. Both actions would result in the same sticky wicket situations in the book, and ultimately suffice for the larger betrayals in the future, for HBOGoT.

I watched an interview with Fairley, and she kept talking about the journey she goes on, the horses, the landscapes, etc.---Are we certain that HBO has her remaining with Robb post-Jaime release? I'm wondering because with all the adjustments from the books, would they be crazy enough to have Brienne, Jaime, and Catelyn make a break for Kings Landing together? The interview got me wondering what changes will be made to this part of ASoS for season 3. Thoughts? Like it? Hate it? Speak up, y'heard?

She could just be talking about taking trips to Storms End Riverrun, the Twins, plus all the things like just riding along with Robb this season.

I also don't think they would separate them since they both have to be dying at the RW.

Winter Warrior, you post made me think of something. In the books, do we know that Jeyne is definitely not pregnant with Robb's baby, or was that left up in the air? I think the last we hear from her is book 4 with Jamie's PoV, but she did not seem to be carrying a child then. Why do I feel like that is not a sure thing?

Book 3 tells us that her mother has her drink something each morning that she believes is to help her get pregnant, but I think it is implied in Book 4 or 5 when her mother speaks to Jamie that it was Moon Tea to keep her from getting pregnant. Remember in the book Jeyne does not seem to be so worldly or have extensive medical knowledge like this Talisa/Jeyne appears to have. And the Book Jeyne tells Catelyn that she is trying to get pregnant and that she and Robb try "sometimes many times in one day" and she cannot understand why she is not pregnant. I was under the impression that the tea her mother gave her each morning kept her from getting pregnant without her knowing it.

But who knows - only GRRM knows if the book Jeyne is pregnant or not.

Archived