Who is Lemore - voting thread

Knight Of Winter

I think she is either Ashara or she is just Lemore. If she is any character we have been previously introduced to, she will be Ashara. Otherwise, she is just Lemore with secretes that are seperate from the Westerosi story. Ashara has more to offer as a character in hiding than all other female characters in the late 30's to early 40's age range. She has ties to the Targs. She has ties to Ned. Her family has been a partner in the hiding of Jon since Ned traveled to SF. She potentially can offer a lot of insight to the R+L dynamic, the ToJ, post-war conspiracies, and possibily the "smuggling of Aegon out of KL. HR is the only other character who we know who can offer information about the ToJ and post-ToJ happenings. If Lemore is not used for that angle, then I think she is just who she says she is. I suppose that she could be Lyanna in hiding, but that is just too crack-potty.

She's just Lemore. Enough with the secret identities trick, it's way overused already.

And I really hope she's not Ashara, because this would mean GRRM is cheating the readers by not having Tyrion ever commenting on her eye color even though he spent so much time ogling her.

I don't see how withholding information can be considered cheating the reader but planting red herrings about Jon's parentage isn't.

She's just Lemore. Enough with the secret identities trick, it's way overused already.

And I really hope she's not Ashara, because this would mean GRRM is cheating the readers by not having Tyrion ever commenting on her eye color even though he spent so much time ogling her.

I don't see how withholding information can be considered cheating the reader. To me, it's really no different than GRRM implying that Ned is Jon's father and then throwing a mountain of circumstantial evidence at us which strongly suggests that he is not.

I won't say outright a new character, because there's a chance she's someone that was somehow mentioned vaguely in passing -- lets say one of the ladies in waiting who helped Queen Rhaella into her palanquin before the flight to Dragonstone, for example -- but I can certainly say NOT Ashara.

Where are we told about these Ladies? I don't recall this scene. I am very interested in why you would think that Rhaella's Ladies would be the ones to take up the care for "Aegon", when Elia had her own Ladies to send with him and raise him. How can you say that she certainly isn't Ashara?

• 3 weeks later...

My first thought was that it was Serra, it fits with Aegon being a Blackfyre and the age and Illyrio's "care package" for his wife and son... as well as JC calling her 'lady'.

However what Ran said makes me doubt - there's slim, very slim chance that Serra ever served the Queen. So yeah... you ruined my little theory, Ran!

Archived