Who is Lemore - voting thread

Knight Of Winter

Rhaegar.

- Tyrion masterbates to the thought of Lemore, and Rhaegar is described as being beautiful. Would Martin have included this if it was not significant? Chekov's Gun people.

- Stretch marks on the stomach. When Robert slammed Rhaegar with his hammer, his chest would've been stretched inwards by the force, dragging in his stomach. Hence, stretch marks.

- Lemore, the name. Sounds awfully similar to Hodor, doesn't it? And Hodor rearranged spells H'door. Rhaegar used doors.

Not sure if it could be any clearer.

Ashur,

The problem is that one woman became a septa... but she was scarred by the pox, which Lemore obviously is not. As to the other? We're told she became a silent sister. They aren't septas, and they have vows of silence.

So... if you want to go with this, either Littlefinger is mistaken about what became of her, or she decided to break her vows, claim to be a septa, and took off.

Yes, that's my point. I guess Ashara became a silent sister, and there she learnt about the mysteries of the faith. After that, she broke her vows (maybe if she learnt about that mercenary of her being somewhere at Essos, and thus she decided to find him). I also recall her giving some medical aid to someone... i think it was on the boat down to Volantis, but can't recall exactly about it... but if this is true, it's another incidental evidence on Lemore having some kind of medical education (the septas, as far as i know, are not educated in medicine, while the silent sister should have some knowledge on anatomy at least). And about Griff's bunch calling her septa, well, it's easier than calling her former silent sister or the like ;) She knows about the faith, so everybody call her septa.

Well, i know all that lacks of solid evidences, but it's as possible to me like the other theories around on Lemore. Anyway, there's a fly in Littlefinger's soup. All the Harry the Heir thing.... there are too many odds to have someone before Harry in the line to the Valley. I cannot believe that large amount of dead children... and if Martin takes time to told us about the whole Arryn line from Jasper Arryn, is seems to me that there's something wrong about Harry,

I like the idea of Serra or Tyene's mother. Prefer that she is just who she is said to be.

Someone who thinks it is Ashara please explain the math to me: Ashara would be several years younger than "over 40" Also, a miscarriage wont leave you with stretch marks - maybe a still birth. Also: why? there is absolutely no evidence for it being Ashara. If she had purple eyes it still wouldnt mean much as there is plenty of Valyrian blood in Essos. If she were swinging a milk blue sword you'd still have to explain the age difference. Might as well ask is the old lady Arya finds dead when she is blind is Old Nan.

Yes, that's my point. I guess Ashara became a silent sister, and there she learnt about the mysteries of the faith. After that, she broke her vows (maybe if she learnt about that mercenary of her being somewhere at Essos, and thus she decided to find him). I also recall her giving some medical aid to someone... i think it was on the boat down to Volantis, but can't recall exactly about it... but if this is true, it's another incidental evidence on Lemore having some kind of medical education (the septas, as far as i know, are not educated in medicine, while the silent sister should have some knowledge on anatomy at least). And about Griff's bunch calling her septa, well, it's easier than calling her former silent sister or the like ;) She knows about the faith, so everybody call her septa.

Well, i know all that lacks of solid evidences, but it's as possible to me like the other theories around on Lemore. Anyway, there's a fly in Littlefinger's soup. All the Harry the Heir thing.... there are too many odds to have someone before Harry in the line to the Valley. I cannot believe that large amount of dead children... and if Martin takes time to told us about the whole Arryn line from Jasper Arryn, is seems to me that there's something wrong about Harry,

The very first question I would ask you is what other characters in the book or in any of GRRMs stories or novels have a character that goes through this much of a tangled history. To my recollection: none. The Harry the Heir type theme comes up a few times - how uncertain inheritance can be.

I like the idea of Serra or Tyene's mother. Prefer that she is just who she is said to be.

Someone who thinks it is Ashara please explain the math to me: Ashara would be several years younger than "over 40" Also, a miscarriage wont leave you with stretch marks - maybe a still birth. Also: why? there is absolutely no evidence for it being Ashara. If she had purple eyes it still wouldnt mean much as there is plenty of Valyrian blood in Essos. If she were swinging a milk blue sword you'd still have to explain the age difference. Might as well ask is the old lady Arya finds dead when she is blind is Old Nan.

Ashara jumped of that tower in 283. We don't really know her real age but I am going to assume she was about 20 (since ned had a thing for her and he was 20 years old during RR). So in 300 AL she would be 37 give or take... I think the math is explained.

A 37 year old woman can be considered above 40.... (assuming that Ashara had a lot of hardships, she could easily look older)

According to the wiki Barristan believes that Ashara had a stillborn daugther. That would explain the stretch marks.

(same thing if you believe Ned + Ashara = Jon)

Also she is considered pretty for a woman for 40+ years old and Ashara was considered very beautiful.

It is kind of far stretched but possible

37 is not over 40 and calling her 20 is generous - I believe (have to look it up) she was older teen. So telling me why the arithmetic is wrong is not getting rid of the arithmetic. So another unfounded assumption being used as evidence. I dont say it is wrong to believe she is Ashara Dayne. I just thing it is something pulled out of ... your hat - one of many things that are not contradicted (or suggested or supported) by anything else in the book.

Just saying it is possible.....

The idea I got from your first post, was that there was no way that this could be true

Sorry for the misunderstanding. It cannot be true based just on the evidence in the books. There is no evidence in the books that it is true, no suggestion, no hint, nothing. So yes it could be true but if it is the people who say so can be credited with a lucky guess and GRRM with a sneaky departure from style.

Archived