Who is Lemore - voting thread

Knight Of Winter

There are already several topics dedicated to discussion of Septa Lemore's identity (e.g. http://asoiaf.wester...s-septa-lemore/ or http://asoiaf.wester...s-ashara-dayne/ ) - but that's not the purpose of this one.

I'm just interested in collecting as many as possible opinions about Lemore's identity to determine which is the most supported theory. So, whether you think she is Ashara, Tyene's mother, Lyanna, Wylla, Great Other or completely new character, please just cast your vote without explaining/discussing your choice. I'll update the voting results in this post.

So, I myself vote for "completely new character".

RESULTS - as of post #141

Ashara..........................21

new character...............28 (or minor character of previously little to no importance)

Tyene's mother.............16

Tytos's mistress.............1

Elia................................2

Serra Mopatis................4

Alys Arryn's daughter.....1

Joanna........................ ..1

Targ descendant.............1

daughter of Mors Umber...1

Mellario Martell................3

also, frequent answer (or part of it), seems to be "not Ashara" so -

not Ashara..............12

I won't say outright a new character, because there's a chance she's someone that was somehow mentioned vaguely in passing -- lets say one of the ladies in waiting who helped Queen Rhaella into her palanquin before the flight to Dragonstone, for example -- but I can certainly say NOT Ashara.

She's just Lemore. Enough with the secret identities trick, it's way overused already.

And I really hope she's not Ashara, because this would mean GRRM is cheating the readers by not having Tyrion ever commenting on her eye color even though he spent so much time ogling her.

I think she might be Tyene Sand's mother (who was mentioned as being a septa). So, a character that was mentioned before, but that didn't have any relevance in the plot of previous books.

Joanna Lannister - all right, I confess, this is crackpot but at least it would teach Tyrion not to ogle random women, hopefully

Tytos' mistress if she had been really really young she would now be in her late 40s

I won't say outright a new character, because there's a chance she's someone that was somehow mentioned vaguely in passing -- lets say one of the ladies in waiting who helped Queen Rhaella into her palanquin before the flight to Dragonstone, for example -- but I can certainly say NOT Ashara.

I guess Doran Martell's mother is too young to fit Lemore's description....

Doran Martell's wife? Random new character? Whoever it is, I doubt it will be Ashara. There have been too many cases of hidden identities who are revealed later, and I don't think we will see that again here.

I don't have a very informed or reasoned out opinion on the subject. To be truthful, I don't even have wild speculation to go on here. I guess the only thing I can offer is the view that, it's somewhat implausible that Lemore is Tynene Sand's mother, although certainly more plausible than her being Ashara Dayne, which is almost certainly not true.

Archived