Poll #2 +Results

greygnarl

A lot of people of Valyrian descent in Essos have the Targ look. It's really only "unique" in Westeros.

That's true. Is it Lys, or Lorath where the Targaryen "look" is fairly common? Even in Westeros it's not unknown to find folks with the "look", e.g. Aurane Waters. Plus, the Daynes typically have a similiar appearance independent of the Targaryens.

I also believe that in all likeyhood he is of Blackfyre descent. What this means for his claim is unsure, his backers don't seem to think being a Blackfyre would fly otherwise they wouldn't have raised him to think he was Aegon. The deception itself could undermine his claim if discovered.

No

it's like somewhere in the middle od the tird book GRRM said to himself " hmmmm I just cant make up my mind who should sit on the iron throne in the end...I guess I'll just invent some new guy and put him in the throne...no,no no NO!

• 2 years later...

Is "I don't know" an option?

If the options are only "yes" or "no," I'll guess "no," based sheerly on story dynamics. It seems dubious to me that we would focus on a "last Targaryen" for 3000 pages of text and then hear about another Targaryen. I haven't seen Aegon show his Targaryen ID card yet, and considering what is known about his origin, he's going to have to.

Archived