Poll #2 +Results

greygnarl

Why do all y'all think Blackfyres are not Targaryens? They are by both blood and law: both of Daemon Blackfyre's parents were Targs (Aegon IV and Daena Targaryen, his first cousin) and he, along with the rest of Aegon's bastards, was legitimized. They have the Targaryen looks (more than the Targ heirs with mothers from Dorne) and Targaryen prophetic dreams. The blood of the dragon is there, for what it's worth.

ETA: Blackfyre is the name of the Targaryen kings' Valyrian steel sword, that Aegon IV gave to Daemon, and which Daemon used as evidence of his father's intention to make him king. I'll bet you Aegon pulls Blackfyre out of Ilyrio's trunk, and if he does, I reckon the question of his parentage will be resolved.

Why do all y'all think Blackfyres are not Targaryens? They are by both blood and law: both of Daemon Blackfyre's parents were Targs (Aegon IV and Daena Targaryen, his first cousin) and he, along with the rest of Aegon's bastards, was legitimized. They have the Targaryen looks (more than the Targ heirs with mothers from Dorne) and Targaryen prophetic dreams. The blood of the dragon is there, for what it's worth.

ETA: Blackfyre is the name of the Targaryen kings' Valyrian steel sword, that Aegon IV gave to Daemon, and which Daemon used as evidence of his father's intention to make him king. I'll bet you Aegon pulls Blackfyre out of Ilyrio's trunk, and if he does, I reckon the question of his parentage will be resolved.

I agree, Blackfyres are just as much Targ as the true borns. And based on this, Aegon does have a claim.

I answered no in that I don't believe he's the true born son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Elia Martell.

My feeling is that most people are not responding to the question of whether Blackfyres have a legitimate claim but to the question of whether he is legitimately the son of Rhaegar and Elia.

The OP question asks if he is heir to the throne, but I'm pretty sure everyone is responding to it as a question of is he the 'real' Aegon or not. At least, that's what I had in mind with my answer. :)

So how does he get that Targ/ Blackfyre appearance? Glamour?

You missed the Tyrion chapters where Jorah Mormont is "entertaining" a prostitute with a very Targaryen look and Tyrion thinks that there are lot of descendants in Old Volantis who have the Valyrian silver hair etc?

In fact, Tyrion is more or less lampshading how Aegon is fake here.

So how does he get that Targ/ Blackfyre appearance? Glamour?

lot of people have just said what i think. there's a full, even if little, universe of Valyrian-like folks in the World of Ice and Fire. Houses with Valyrian ancestors (like the Velarion), a number of people with those somatic in the Free City (especially Lys. it seems that Serra, the lover of Illyrio Mopatis, had blue eyes and golden hair streaked with silver).

Dayne children, with the right 'genetic cross', could come out as Valyrian :)

Archived