Confessions....Say What v2!

Despite knowing that "Jaime" lannister is pronouced "Jamie" as in "Jay-mee"(2 syllable) i still call him "Jaym" (1 syllable)

because to me "Jamie" is the name a 6 year old kid would have.

Ser Jaym Lannister the kingslayer sounds much more elegant and powerful to me.

so as far as im concerned "Jaime" will always be read as "Jaym".

Oh Jeeze, don't tell my 47 year-old brother that (or my 68 year old mother, who named him). You have no idea how much crap my brother got growing up with a name like Jamie, especially after the Van Halen song "Jamie's Crying" came out.

- Can't stand Sansa

- Can't stand any more 'I'm just a little girl ...blah blah...' DO SOMETHING WOMAN!

- I used to hate Jamie but now I really like him

- I can't wait for Ramsey to die die die and be eaten by his girls :devil:

- I'm scared of Ricon and his wolf :blushing:

I have an irrational dislike for Jon Connington. I can't fucking stand him or his pov. I hope he dies very soon in the next book.

The only reason I want Aegon to be fake is because I don't want him stealing Dany's thunder. :uhoh: Silly reasoning, yes, but I am an unapologetic Dany fan just as much as I am an unapologetic Greyjoy fan.

Oh one more thing, I don't mind all the rampant sex in asoiaf, I usually take it with a grain of salt and chuckle at things like "Lancel pumping dutifully away" however sometimes I'll be reading one, say Arianne and Oakheart, and it's just like so descriptive and in your face I can't help but imagine GRRM typing furiously and sweating, wide eyed and not bllinking hammering keys at the computer until something breaks his trance like the pizza guy ringing the door bell or his cat knocking over a jar.

:agree:

Sweat pouring down his face, as he types away ha

Sometimes I think I have a good idea of what GRRM likes in his naked woman based on his descriptions, Kinda gross

sansa's chapters could be completely removed and i wouldn't realise or care

Barristan deserves one more tourney, don't you dare off him George!

i want dany to finally find out just how terrible her father, and grow up

I couldn't give a flying fuck about Aegon, his presence irritated me in ADwD.

I sometimes feel like I HAVE to like Dany, because she is one of the only female characters with an iota of direct power (ie. not derived from a male) in the universe. But goddamn is she annoying.

I want Sansa to be queen in the North, or queen in KL, anywhere really, but She. Must. Rule.

Natalie Dormer ruined Margery for me. Firmly rooting for Cersei now.

Natalie Dormer ruined Margery for me. Firmly rooting for Cersei now.

Lol. It was the opposite for me. Natalie Dormer made me care about Marg. Marg was so BLAH to me in the books.

1 - I eagerly await reading Tommen and Myrcella's deaths. I don't hate or like either character, I just know that their deaths are required to bring down House Lannister and as a plus: will devastate Cersei.

2 - I speculate one of Dany's dragons will die (not realistic to expect she'll tame the other two just as she did Drogon) but I'm hoping it happens to end speculation that she'll give both away to two other riders -- the main candidates being Jon and Tyrion.

I am compeletly sure he did.

And just because you don't call what Drogo did to Dany at the first few week of their marriage rape (well I do) doesn't mean it didn't pained her deeply (she was crying during it).

And Daario never hurt her like that.

I said the first few weeks of their marriage not the wedding night. And as I said it doesn't matter how you define what Drogo did, what matters is that he hurt her. And I reread the series a lot of times.

The thing is: Dany never protests during their encounters. She quietly hides her pain, which I never understood why. Drogo CAN be gentle - he was the first night and when he lifted her for sex during her pregnancy - but of course he's a bit of a roughneck and, well, he's going to want to fuck from time to time. Drogo does rape and slaughter, I'm not denying that, but Dany never tells him he's hurting her or even lets it show.

I don't think Tyrion is any different in ADWD than he was in the rest of the books. He's always been self-pitying, gotten himself in trouble through his arrogance, then gotten it out of it by using his status as a Lannister and promising people money (despite raging against the rest of his family and how they've supposedly mistreated them). He's also always deluded himself about his own interactions with whores. He has the same saving graces, of being somewhat funny, mildly kind to people in trouble as much as he can be, and a bit of courageousness in the face of humiliation. I like him about the same as I always did, and see the same huge character flaws that he has always had.

As I suspected, I just couldn't read Cercei's actual walk of shame in ADWD (finished the book yesterday). I read up to the moment she took her robe off, then next paged on my kindle until I got to her seeing Kevan and Robert Strong and the others. Just too much for me.

Edit: Also, I think Kevan could have gotten her out of it if he wanted to. I think it was his idea (he's the one who knows about what Tywin did to their father's lover) and he wanted to punish her for Lancel. I understand it, but I think it's sort of crappy.

Confession: While I enjoy asoiaf enough to read and post on these boards, I don't actually think GRRM is that great a writer. Actually some parts of AFFC and ADWD make me groan and roll my eyes.

And one more confession: I see Stannis' dilemma viz Edric Storm as an ASOIAF version of the trolley problem (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trolley_problem). Meaning I do not hold it against Stannis that he takes the situation seriously and considers all sides of it.

--Margary bores me silly. I don't love her; I don't hate her. She just bores the hell out of me. Her being a secret political machavelli in addition to being gorgeous, brilliant, and charming somehow makes her even more, rather than less, boring in my eyes.

--I've always found Theon to be a far more compelling character than Asha, even before he turned to the Reek redemption arc.

--I think the Blackfish is incredibly sexy, and if he turns out to be gay (as I suspect he is), that will just make him even sexier in my eyes.

--I think Baristan Selmy is a self deluding creep.

I strongly agree with all of these. I have nothing really positive to say about Selmy the not so bold.

I couldn't give a flying fuck about Aegon, his presence irritated me in ADwD.

I sometimes feel like I HAVE to like Dany, because she is one of the only female characters with an iota of direct power (ie. not derived from a male) in the universe. But goddamn is she annoying.

Yes, to both of these. The Aegon reveal felt really cheap to me.

Archived