Will Arya end up killing Sansa

MacHawk

Arya has a very real and serious issue with Sansa she is not aware of at this time, Sansa's role in their father's death. Unless Arya's personality changes drastically, I don't see this as something she would be able to get over. I don't know if she will go as far as to kill Sansa but this will destroy their relationship permanently if it comes out.

I like how Arya-Sansa relationship reflects Cat-Lysa in a way.

Cat and Lysa were "close" as kids, Cat was more or less mother to Lysa they always played together they had private language, yet it ended badly.

Arya and Sansa were barely able to be civil to each other, but never really hated each other.

I wonder if with Arya's knowledge of glamours we will see another sisters mess with LF head (he confused Lysa and Cat when he was drunk) Sansa may get her personal evil twin on her disposal, would be funny if we could seen Sansa teaching Arya how to pretend to be her.

I think this is going on my list of personal favorite crackpot theories, I really like it.

Ugh no.

Sansa and Arya didn't hate each other. I don't have a sister, but with my female cousin our relationship as children were very similar as Arya (I am very similar to her) and Sansa (my cousin is like Sansa a lot), we constantly argued and said really really mean things towards each other. That is how kids are. But she is my best friend despite that.

If Arya really would reach the point where she would be able to kill Sansa I think then she would have no road back. I love both girls but that would be unreedemable. Just like if Sansa would kill Arya that would be unreedemable as well.

And beside Sansa didn't play any parts in the death of Ned. He was killed by Joff. Ned would have been captured either way, because LF betrayed him, so Cersei knew everything from him and from Ned himself. Actually Cersei didn'T want Ned dead either, it was purely Joffs doing (and whoever gave him that idea, LF, Varys? ), in ADwD she even thinks of Ned, how he shouldn't have been killed and that it is not how things should have turned out.

The only one whose future Sansa changed was that she and Arya couldn't go away on the ship. Ned would be dead either way.

The thing i am really interested in is their future relationship and which side of the coming conflict each will find themselves on. Whether Arya actually kills Sansa or not, or even perhaps causes her death in some way (folllowing the death of Lady lead) is really just a headline.

And beside Sansa didn't play any parts in the death of Ned. He was killed by Joff. Ned would have been captured either way, because LF betrayed him, so Cersei knew everything from him and from Ned himself.

If Cersei didn't have Sansa then Ned never would've confessed and there would've been no public execution. It's not a hundred percent certain that he would've survived, but there's a high chance he would've been kept around until he could've been traded for Jaime.

However, it's unlikely that Arya would ever learn all the details anyway, but if she did somehow find out what Sansa did, then I wouldn't put it past her to murder her for it.

As for Arya being sent to murder Sansa for the FM, that's highly unlikely and not even possible considering Arya knows her.

• 1 month later...

It's far fetched, but a hint to Arya killing Sansa may be given in ACoK, in one of Sansa's dreams shortly after the riot that almost cost her life and when she 'flowers':

The mob surged around her, shrieking, a maddened beast with a thousand faces. Everywhere she turned she saw faces twisted into monstrous inhuman masks. (...) Women swarmed over her like weasels. (...) The knife plunged into her belly and tore and tore, until there was nothing left of her down there but shiny wet ribbons.

When I read this (on my second reading of course), I could see a link with Arya / Faceless / The God of a thousand faces / Needle.

Also, in a way it's Arya who killed Sansa's wolf...

It's far fetched, but a hint to Arya killing Sansa may be given in ACoK, in one of Sansa's dreams shortly after the riot that almost cost her life and when she 'flowers':

When I read this (on my second reading of course), I could see a link with Arya / Faceless / The God of a thousand faces / Needle.

Way over reaching there.

Also your assertion that "in a way it's Arya who killed Sansa's wolf" is utterly ridiculous. She didn't want Lady hurt in any way. Perhaps if Sansa had not been so selfish and had told the truth about what happened at the river things may have turned out differently.

No, that wasn't the point of the dream.

Also your assertion that "in a way it's Arya who killed Sansa's wolf" is utterly ridiculous. She didn't want Lady hurt in any way. Perhaps if Sansa had not been so selfish and had told the truth about what happened at the river things may have turned out differently.

No, Sansa didn't get her wolf killed. It did not matter what she said, Lady would have died. Robert said it was nothing but children squabbling and that they should each discipline their own kids, Ned is relieved. Then, Cersei says that they have another wolf and demands the death of Lady. Robert, weak king that he is, gives in to her and walks out. Later, at the Hand's tourney, Robert pretty much admits it. It's not until a Jaime POV in Feast that we learn the full story. Cersei and Robert had been arguing the night before on what to do and Cersei wanted blood. She sent Jaime after Arya but the Northmen and Jory found her first. So, Cersei went after Lady instead. It was a display of power and a way for her to get rid of a wolf as we also know that she didn't want them in KL.

Arya has a very real and serious issue with Sansa she is not aware of at this time, Sansa's role in their father's death. Unless Arya's personality changes drastically, I don't see this as something she would be able to get over. I don't know if she will go as far as to kill Sansa but this will destroy their relationship permanently if it comes out.

I think the books may teach us that anything can be forgiven. Just like being innocent and pure won't save a character from disaster.

And it may be Sansa herself who will be hit by recognizing the role she played in her father's fate as soon as she is able to understand what really happend. Will she then have a detached look at her own 11 year young naivety and ignorance (as we readers may have) or will she be haunted by her guilt like other characters who never forgave themselves?

So I think that in the the end Arya may very well be forgiving towards Sansa but will Sansa be towards herself? Sansa has not even started yet to confront herself with past errors and failures. She is so far blind here, trying to suppress her past, emulating into Alayne for self preservation. In order to find the way back to herself she will have to confront herself with Ned's fate. A reasonable person wold be forgiving towards her 11 year old self but she may as well react in an irrational manner and be haunted by it.

No, I do not see Arya killing Sansa, at least not knowingly, and not for the Ned betrayal. Arya may be furious but forgiving in the end. I hope for a reasonable talk between the sisters just like I hope for a reconciliation of Jaime and Tyrion.

Way over reaching there.

You may have noticed that I started my post with 'far fetched', so yes, it may be 'over reaching'. I also acknowledge the fact that Arya did not want Lady hurt, this is implied in my 'in a way', but when Arya saved Nymeria (herself?) by rejecting her (the Stark values?), she indirectly condemned Lady (and Sansa?). Visibly, you are not very good at reading all the words in a sentence, so I now doubt your capability in reading ASOIAF in depth.

No, that wasn't the point of the dream.

You obviously can read GRRM's mind - or hold on... Are you GRMM? Very honoured by your answering my post, Your Grace. I am myself only a humble reader and I do admit this may not be the point of the dream, as my 'far fetched' implied. I would have liked a bit more clarification about this dream from such an enlightened and assertive READER though.

It may sound 'utterly ridiculous', but the only thing I know for sure... Is that I don't know anything for sure.

No way that will happen. Sansa and Arya have issues to settle, but I really really doubt that those issues will be settled by one killing the other. Besides, they don't hate each other, they're just very different types of people. And Arya is not stupid - she wouldn't blame Sansa for Ned's death because she knows full well that the Lannisters were behind it, as well as her mother and Robb's deaths. I think that most people here who are advocating for the "Arya kills Sansa" storyline are just people who dislike Sansa. Stop translating your hate into theories like this. It wouldn't be remotely a good thing for something like this to happen. Arya would probably get scarred for life if she actually kills Sansa.

I'm thinking Sansa will die when the Eyrie is assaulted by dragons or The Others/White Walkers (we've heard it's impregnable for so long that you know it's going to be taken/destroyed/overrun, etc)

I'm hoping Arya gets to kill somebody important. While she knows Cersei, does she know her well enough to be eliminated from killing Cersei? Maybe she can kill Ramsay Snow? "I'm Arya Stark, b!tc#!" (to paraphrase Dave Chappelle)

I don't think Arya would kill Sansa or vice versa - at least intentionally.

You obviously can read GRRM's mind - or hold on... Are you GRMM? Very honoured by your answering my post, Your Grace. I am myself only a humble reader and I do admit this may not be the point of the dream, as my 'far fetched' implied. I would have liked a bit more clarification about this dream from such an enlightened and assertive READER though.

I'll ignore the over the top sarcasm and condescension in your post and give you a straight answer. Sansa has reacted to trauma in her life over only a few incidents: the death of her father, the riots, the death of Joffrey, and the death of her aunt. This is dream was about the riot and the onset of her moonblood. We know that she wakes up to her bed turned red from her blood and then attempts to burn it to hide the evidence. The day before, Sansa had gotten her moon blood while on the roof, almost falling if the Hound had not pulled her back. Just before this time, we read Sansa's memories of the riot. It's evidence that she was terrorized and has not yet emotionally recovered from what happened. So, in the dream, she being attacked and helpless to stop it (reflecting her overall current state), is being stabbed in the same places a woman experiences menstrual pain, and is calling for help with no answer. There are a few points to note here. First, she is calling help but is receiving no response yet she was saved during the riot by the Hound. In the dream she does not call out his name, another derivation from the events that actually happened. Well, we don't see her start to put him in the position of someone who would keep her safe and as someone she trusts until the BBW while in Maegor's with the women and Cersei. The dream is helping her to understand that. Finally, Sansa vulnerability in the dream reflects the future risk for her with the onset of her moon blood.

You may have noticed that I started my post with 'far fetched', so yes, it may be 'over reaching'. I also acknowledge the fact that Arya did not want Lady hurt, this is implied in my 'in a way', but when Arya saved Nymeria (herself?) by rejecting her (the Stark values?), she indirectly condemned Lady (and Sansa?). Visibly, you are not very good at reading all the words in a sentence, so I now doubt your capability in reading ASOIAF in depth.

Your logic is astounding, your observations fascinating, your intelligence prodigious. I can see why you would dismiss what I have to say. That and the fact it clearly displays your ineptness.

No, Sansa didn't get her wolf killed. It did not matter what she said, Lady would have died. Robert said it was nothing but children squabbling and that they should each discipline their own kids, Ned is relieved. Then, Cersei says that they have another wolf and demands the death of Lady. Robert, weak king that he is, gives in to her and walks out. Later, at the Hand's tourney, Robert pretty much admits it. It's not until a Jaime POV in Feast that we learn the full story. Cersei and Robert had been arguing the night before on what to do and Cersei wanted blood. She sent Jaime after Arya but the Northmen and Jory found her first. So, Cersei went after Lady instead. It was a display of power and a way for her to get rid of a wolf as we also know that she didn't want them in KL.

This to you I respond, ye Sansa fanboi:

Ned had heard her version of the story the night Arya had vanished. He knew the truth.

It is obvious that Sansa told Ned what actually occurred at the river (Joffrey drunk and abusive, Nymeria (and Arya) reacting defensively). When Ned calls her forth to tell it again to the king and queen, she claims not to remember what occured. Had she told the truth, there would not have been a reason Cersei would have been able to give to kill the direwolf. Sansa should have been honest but wasn't, and it got Lady killed. It was perhaps the first of many mistakes she makes along the way during her journey throughout the series.

Your logic is astounding, your observations fascinating, your intelligence prodigious. I can see why you would dismiss what I have to say. That and the fact it clearly displays your ineptness.

This to you I respond, ye Sansa fanboi:

Ned had heard her version of the story the night Arya had vanished. He knew the truth.

It is obvious that Sansa told Ned what actually occurred at the river (Joffrey drunk and abusive, Nymeria (and Arya) reacting defensively). When Ned calls her forth to tell it again to the king and queen, she claims not to remember what occured. Had she told the truth, there would not have been a reason Cersei would have been able to give to kill the direwolf. Sansa should have been honest but wasn't, and it got Lady killed. It was perhaps the first of many mistakes she makes along the way during her journey throughout the series.

Joffrey would deny it, and he's the crown prince. Cersei's his mother. She'd still demand that Lady had be killed.

Plus, no matter what Sansa told, the truth or 'I can't remember', Lady would be killed. Nymeria still attacked the crown prince, she still wounded his arm. Joffrey was still hurt. Lady was doomed no matter what.

Joffrey would deny it, and he's the crown prince. Cersei's his mother. She'd still demand that Lady had be killed.

Plus, no matter what Sansa told, the truth or 'I can't remember', Lady would be killed. Nymeria still attacked the crown prince, she still wounded his arm. Joffrey was still hurt. Lady was doomed no matter what.

We can quibble over this endlessly. What happened in the book as written is all that is certain. I still disagree, and it will have to end there as none of us knows for sure. It's too bad Sansa didn't inherit her father's nobility and honor.

We can quibble over this endlessly. What happened in the book as written is all that is certain. I still disagree, and it will have to end there as none of us knows for sure. It's too bad Sansa didn't inherit her father's nobility and honor.

Well then, we can agree to disagree. Both on the killing of Lady and of Sansa inheriting the nobility and honor of Ned. Which had of course nothing to do with Lady's death in my opinion. You may think otherwise though. Would be kinda boring if everyone thinks the same. (:

Archived