Apple Martini

Nite's King

Id like to add as a whole most people on this forum are great. No matter your posts most people respond to them properly with manners and not by condescension or with degrading comments back. The ammount of knowledge there is on this forum about these books and other subjects such as history is far beyond any other i have met. Personally this is the only forum i am a part of. Its not usually my thing but i see this as the exception so well done to everyone

And the lack of trolls is truely refreshing :fencing:

You guys, you're making me blush. :D

First: I could not finish this series and I don't understand it better than GRRM. All I do is try to figure out where he's going.

Second: There are a lot of really interesting posters on here. I enjoy Tze's analysis (probably the smartest person here, easily), and Dr. Pepper, OnionAhai, Butterbumps, Lummel, Dragonfish, Lyanna Stark, Teal and a bunch of others. Even people like BabyMeraxes — we disagree on Dany but agree on how awesome puggles are. :P

Seriously though, if you want a patient, measured takedown, read Dragonfish. If you want your mind blown on any number of topics about which you thought you already knew, read Tze.

What's a puggle? Is it a cross between a poodle and a pug?

Oh you guys :blushing:

I respect so many boarders, those who have still active and some who have passed on: Alexia, Bran Vras, Lyanna Stark, Rapsie, Dr. Pepper, butterbumps! Lummel, Sevumar, OnionAhaiReborn, Winter's knight, Valkyrja and countless others.

I will always have disagreements with AM and Tze over Daenerys, but I do hold their powers of articulation in high regard ;)

Ahh - I never heard of that cross-breed. Maybe they are bullies due to some Napoleanic syndrome.

Well, according to Baby Meraxes, the RL equivilent of dragons are pugs. Perhaps this might explain their bloodlust and bullying? Perhaps therein lies the rub as to why I cannot hold favor with dragons, given the pug abuse of my own, very wolfish pup.

I express my respects with asking you to point me to it :D

And this and its predecessor are also quite excellent.

Was it Apple Martini who formulated the "Jon Snow knew it was coming and warged a dead guy" theory? Its an awesome theory and, though I disagree with some of it, it convinced me that Jon knew his brothers were planning something and he made his own plan

The analysis of his and Tormund's two hour talk was something i never thought of

Was it Apple Martini who formulated the "Jon Snow knew it was coming and warged a dead guy" theory? Its an awesome theory and, though I disagree with some of it, it convinced me that Jon knew his brothers were planning something and he made his own plan

The analysis of his and Tormund's two hour talk was something i never thought of

That doesn't sound like something I'd say. :P I do think, though, that something important went down in those missing two hours ...

ETA: And I believe the analysis of Manderly's choice of song was first brought up by Tze. I only made a new post for it because I thought it deserved more consideration on its own merits. I believe Tze has also suggested that the Cyvasse games might hold clues to the series' outcome. She writes a LOT of truly excellent things, but they're rarely in OPs so I think a lot of the time they get missed.

AM is very insightful. If you ask her when/where this that or the other happend since the Age of Heros, she'll know, without a doubt.

A lil anti Targy and Meli for me though... (king's blood is real! :P )

Love the Sansa lovers, though I don't think the feeling's mutual :dunno:

And of course, I astronomicly love the bards :D

Well, according to Baby Meraxes, the RL equivilent of dragons are pugs. Perhaps this might explain their bloodlust and bullying? Perhaps therein lies the rub as to why I cannot hold favor with dragons, given the pug abuse of my own, very wolfish pup.

Pugs are actually descended from dragons. That's a fact in a book. Also, ancient Chinese mythology suggests that a pug has it's signature black face mask because, ever the sweetling rascals, the first pug peeked into the pits of hell, and the soot got all over his face. Thus, pugs are immune to fire. Also, a pug (dragon) saved Alexander the Great's life.

AM is very insightful. If you ask her when/where this that or the other happend since the Age of Heros, she'll know, without a doubt.

A lil anti Targy and Meli for me though... (king's blood is real! :P )

King's blood is real. Mel killed those kings.

Wait, what?

Oh you guys :blushing:

I respect so many boarders, those who have still active and some who have passed on: Alexia, Bran Vras, Lyanna Stark, Rapsie, Dr. Pepper, butterbumps! Lummel, Sevumar, OnionAhaiReborn, Winter's knight, Valkyrja and countless others.

I will always have disagreements with AM and Tze over Daenerys, but I do hold their powers of articulation in high regard ;)

Thanks for the mention, brashcandy! I agree with your list, though we musn't forget the wonderful kittykatknits! :D

I must say I am nowhere near as prolific as the rest of you. :P

Thank you for making my return to the forums after such a long absence a welcome one. :grouphug:

~ Valkyrja (used to be SwiftSnowmane)

Archived