Apple Martini

Nite's King

Does anyone else pour over the message boards and come across a post or reply by apple martini and always take it as the truth or correct answer? Thank you AM, for reading the entire series 4 or 5 times and having a better understanding of asoiaf than GRRM. If something ever happens to him I sleep soundly at night knowing you could finish the series.

I'm not entirely sure if the OP is being sarcastic or not, but as a longtime lurker I have to confess that Apple Martini is one of my favorite posters. If she (?) were to finish the series, I'd be curious to read it!

... and having a better understanding of asoiaf than GRRM....

Not to diminish Apple Martini's knowledge of the series, but I doubt she has a better understanding of the series than GRRM considering he's the one who dreamed up the story and wrote it. That being said, AM definitely has a pretty darn good understanding of the texts. And when she's wrong, she admits it, which makes it easier to trust her.

I'd like to propose some other forumer's for the appreciation thread. Tze, Lummel, brashcandy, Winter's Knight, butterbumps!, danm_99, Lyanna Stark, Yeade, Blisscraft....There are surely others but when I see their posts, I usually trust that they know what they are talking about even when I disagree with them.

I should also probably point out Ran, the King of the Boards, as one who has probably more knowledge of the books than anyone considering he works closely with Martin. Sometimes when he posts, my heart sinks a little because he's probably right and the hard-studied theory is busted.

Not to diminish Apple Martini's knowledge of the series, but I doubt she has a better understanding of the series than GRRM considering he's the one who dreamed up the story and wrote it. That being said, AM definitely has a pretty darn good understanding of the texts. And when she's wrong, she admits it, which makes it easier to trust her.

I'd like to propose some other forumer's for the appreciation thread. Tze, Lummel, brashcandy, Winter's Knight, butterbumps!, danm_99, Lyanna Stark, Yeade, Blisscraft....There are surely others but when I see their posts, I usually trust that they know what they are talking about even when I disagree with them.

I should also probably point out Ran, the King of the Boards, as one who has probably more knowledge of the books than anyone considering he works closely with Martin. Sometimes when he posts, my heart sinks a little because he's probably right and the hard-studied theory is busted.

:laugh:

I'm on Dr. Pepper's appreciation list...*dies happy*

But yes, seeing the listed posters and PatrickStormbon,David Selig or QCI on my side is heartening. What's especially likable about them is the decency with which y'all argue.

I will throw in QC1 as well, she generally sticks to a particular range of topics (see; her name) but even if I don't agree with her she has some interesting views.

I'm surprised, this thread is definitely more positive than I expected considering that a forum member was called out as the title.

:laugh:

I'm on Dr. Pepper's appreciation list...*dies happy*

But yes, seeing the listed posters and PatrickStormbon,David Selig or QCI on my side is heartening. What's especially likable about them is the decency with which y'all argue.

I knew I was forgetting others! I'd also like to present Stanmore. Though I rarely agree with him, he does present his arguments with sound logic.

This is a very civil and well meaning forum honestly. Even when you have disagreements with people, it rarely leads to personal attacks or the other nasty stuff that plagues the internet.

The posters are what help that happen.

Apple Martini's analysis of Fake Aegon made me change my mind from Real to Fake way back when ADWD was newer. I had waited for Aegon to make an appearance since 2001 and I wanted to coddle him and assume he was real, but no such luck! :crying:

Still, it was a smashing analysis and she was totally right.

EDIT: Dr Pepper. I'd add yourself to that list too. :) And lots more. (On that note I shall go off an be ashamed about not keeping up with the Dany/Jon leadership thread, Mea Culpa)

Not sure if Apple likes the spotlight as I know how uncomfortable it can be but I'd like to throw my hat into this ring.

I'm more interested in Apple Martini's rebuffs to be honest as they clever, extremely well written and cuts straight to the truth. This board is a better place with her around.

I knew I was forgetting others! I'd also like to present Stanmore. Though I rarely agree with him, he does present his arguments with sound logic.

Cheers. I know i've not been here long, and It kinda feels like i'm out on a limb sometimes, so it's nice to get a mention. Really enjoyed disscussing stuff with you, Apple Martini, Butterbumps and so many others. We might not always come to an agreement, but our discussions go to some pretty interesting places, and I always feel like i've learned something. :D

There's a lot of very knowledgable people on this board, and Apple Martini is definitely one of them.

This is a very civil and well meaning forum honestly. Even when you have disagreements with people, it rarely leads to personal attacks or the other nasty stuff that plagues the internet.

The posters are what help that happen.

Yep. Definitely a pretty positive place compared to most online communities, which is nice.

Lol, I'm sure Apple Martini is just as astonished as I was when I signed in. I saw the title on the Westeros page and the first thought I had was, OMG Apple Martini died!

Happily, I see I'm wrong. Funny, I was just telling a couple of newbies last night how great people like AM, Lummel, brash candy and others are.

Nice thread topic! Yep, AM is the one who helped me figure out that Aegon is a fake. Her posts are always really insightful.

I'd also add Lyanna Stark, QC1, Rapsie, brashcandy, Lummel, Dr. Pepper, Butterbumps, PatrickStormborn, David Selig, and Winter's Knight are great. I always learn something when reading what they have to say.

Agreed. Apple Martini's posts are always enlightening and well worth a read. As are those by all the others mentioned by Dr Pepper and Winter's Knight, among many others. I seriously applaud your effort.

You're like the smart kids I used to copy I school. If only there was a GCSE is ASOIAF.

Archived