Apple Martini

Nite's King

Apple Martini came to my house and kicked my dog in the face for like no reason

Did your dog think GRRM was his bitch? Some of us can get a bit testy when people think GRRM is their bitch. :cool4:

EDIT:

Yeah, I think Apple Martini really adds some sanity to some of the more crackpot stuff going on. I always appreciate when she slips into a thread with her very own needle and deflates some of the hot air.

A lot of the board members appreciated in this thread deserve props! I put Lyanna Stark (who often says what I'm thinking) and Queen Cersei I (who patiently tries to get people to look at the authoring of the books and recognizes that the author's choices have cultural relevance) right up there with AM.

Hrrrm.

I just wanted to say the reason AM deserves this thread of accolade is because she has excellent patience, and while I have seen her be sharp with people (she taught me how to write.with.gritted.teeth) she doesn't flame people. Or if she did, she hasn't in a long time. There are people mentioned in some of these posts who have viciously flamed newbies or just people who disagree with them, who will have to show they've changed for a long time before I ever trust them the way I trust AM. :thumbsup:

I just wanted to say the reason AM deserves this thread of accolade is because she has excellent patience, and while I have seen her be sharp with people (she taught me how to write.with.gritted.teeth) she doesn't flame people. Or if she did, she hasn't in a long time. There are people mentioned in some of these posts who have viciously flamed newbies or just people who disagree with them, who will have to show they've changed for a long time before I ever trust them the way I trust AM. :thumbsup:

I don't flame people, not deliberately, but I have a very low tolerance for dumbfuckery.

I don't flame people, not deliberately, but I have a very low tolerance for dumbfuckery.

Dumbfuckery.

That and crackpottery are now two of my new favorite words. I can't wait to start using them in everyday speech.

I would never have heard of either of them if it wasn't for this forum.

Or fireproof tomfoolery. Kudos, Apple Martini. You always help me see things in a new way. Still out on Dany, but now when I re-read, her crazy cracks are really starting to show, thanks to you!

And all the rest of you, too, including those mentioned and those not (including Serie and Lykos and Alia of the Knife and more) --thanks for being such a welcoming, entertaining, and inquisitive bunch

It's probably because Dany, like all Targs, is fireproof, which is super cool when you think about it.

But since this is actually a very sweet appreciation thread, I wanted to add support and admiration for all those involved in the Sansa appreciation threads-- you are all wonderful and I stalk those threads even when I don't contribute-- excellent and valuable stuff truly-- it should be required reading upon joining, tbh.

Hear hear! The Sansa reread thread is what got me to start posting after three months of lurking.

Not to diminish Apple Martini's knowledge of the series, but I doubt she has a better understanding of the series than GRRM considering he's the one who dreamed up the story and wrote it. That being said, AM definitely has a pretty darn good understanding of the texts. And when she's wrong, she admits it, which makes it easier to trust her.

I'd like to propose some other forumer's for the appreciation thread. Tze, Lummel, brashcandy, Winter's Knight, butterbumps!, danm_99, Lyanna Stark, Yeade, Blisscraft....There are surely others but when I see their posts, I usually trust that they know what they are talking about even when I disagree with them.

I should also probably point out Ran, the King of the Boards, as one who has probably more knowledge of the books than anyone considering he works closely with Martin. Sometimes when he posts, my heart sinks a little because he's probably right and the hard-studied theory is busted.

:agree: I'm still a newbie, especially since I just reached AFFC :blush:, but once I finish I hope to be as enlightened as those you have mentioned. Reading the series with all of your theories in mind is such a joyful experience, and I don't think reading it before coming here would have been nearly as exciting!

When I first came here I had only watched the show, and read EVERYTHING on the wiki, but I was no where near as crazy about ASOIAF as I am now. I then began reading the threads, and Apple Martini's posts always stood out to me, and made me want to think deeper into things. So, I began reading the series, and formulating my own theories. I am now seriously addicted to this series, and Apple Martini played a large role, so I want to say, "Thank You!"

I even enjoy creating theories to have you guys rip them apart. :laugh:

Dr. Pepper, you definitely forgot to include yourself. :bowdown:

ETA: I normally would never join a forum, so that speaks volumes to the wonderful atmosphere here at Westeros. You guys rock my world! :grouphug:

Also, Maxpey is my favorite fellow newbie. ^_^

But still, Lemore isn't Ashara. HA!

I get sucked into the book threads, despite my best efforts to stay away, (the non-readers make me want to bang my head against a wall). so I don't know if this has been found or discussed more, but I need to know who the hand maidens were!

Also, I don't know if you've read Ice Dragon or the Dunk & Egg's yet, but I want to get into some comparisons on those to ASoI&F.

Did your dog think GRRM was his bitch? Some of us can get a bit testy when people think GRRM is their bitch. :cool4:

EDIT:

Yeah, I think Apple Martini really adds some sanity to some of the more crackpot stuff going on. I always appreciate when she slips into a thread with her very own needle and deflates some of the hot air.

A lot of the board members appreciated in this thread deserve props! I put Lyanna Stark (who often says what I'm thinking) and Queen Cersei I (who patiently tries to get people to look at the authoring of the books and recognizes that the author's choices have cultural relevance) right up there with AM.

You can disagree with AM but you better have your sh*t together.

M

:bowdown: :bowdown: I can't top that :lmao:

I would say nicer things about you Apple but I don't want your head to explode.

Archived