CRUSADE 2012

Are we really saying 'brown people' here? I mean I find most political correctness ridiculous but I haven't heard that one in a long time.

Also, I don't think the majority of protests are 'Anti-Muslim'. England is not a very religious country by and large; we have many ethnic groups and religions here, so I don't think the people who have genuine problems with the acts of certain people from certain groups are anti-Muslim. They're just anti-arseholes.

Actually, it has nothing to do with skin color, ethnicity, or nationality. It has to do with religion, only where the precepts of a religion specify doing nasty things to followers of other religions. The basis of it is that some cultures don't co-exist with some other cultures. The advocates of multiculturalism fail to address the conflicts between cultures. They also fail to address the fact that multiculturalism destroys all cultures. When different cultures exist side by side, for a long enough period of time, each starts blending some of the other's tings into itself. Both cultures change and in doing so, lose something they had to begin with. Ultimately, there will be a homogeneous culture, but there will be strife until that happens. Most of the time, those who want to preserve the culture they have, are painted as the bad guys

This time I think we should land the British on the west bank of the Rhine.

But have you verified which side of the Rhine is held by Saracens? I bet either side has brown people and people with silly religious beliefs.

Actually, it has nothing to do with skin color, ethnicity, or nationality.

Then why bring this up:

The brown racists and white apologists have already branded me as a white racist

Actually, it has nothing to do with skin color, ethnicity, or nationality. It has to do with religion, only where the precepts of a religion specify doing nasty things to followers of other religions. The basis of it is that some cultures don't co-exist with some other cultures. The advocates of multiculturalism fail to address the conflicts between cultures. They also fail to address the fact that multiculturalism destroys all cultures. When different cultures exist side by side, for a long enough period of time, each starts blending some of the other's tings into itself. Both cultures change and in doing so, lose something they had to begin with. Ultimately, there will be a homogeneous culture, but there will be strife until that happens. Most of the time, those who want to preserve the culture they have, are painted as the bad guys.

Yes. Assimilation takes time. You mix water with wine, you end up with something that is neither. It can still slake your thirst and get you drunk. I'm not sure I understand you right, but do you mean to say your culture is so divine it should not be diluted? You also seem to argue that it's inevitable (which I at least think it is).

Then why bring this up:

Pretty much in response to a question asked in the post directly before mine.

Yes. Assimilation takes time. You mix water with wine, you end up with something that is neither. It can still slake your thirst and get you drunk. I'm not sure I understand you right, but do you mean to say your culture is so divine it should not be diluted? You also seem to argue that it's inevitable (which I at least think it is).

But if prefer to slake my thirst without getting drunk? I make no claim that my culture is divine, but why should I be required to accept its erosion?

I agree that assimilation takes time. Usually immigrants are assimilated into the culture of the country. Now we have immigrants determined to assimilate the country into their culture.

Actually, it has nothing to do with skin color, ethnicity, or nationality. It has to do with religion, only where the precepts of a religion specify doing nasty things to followers of other religions. The basis of it is that some cultures don't co-exist with some other cultures. The advocates of multiculturalism fail to address the conflicts between cultures. They also fail to address the fact that multiculturalism destroys all cultures. When different cultures exist side by side, for a long enough period of time, each starts blending some of the other's tings into itself. Both cultures change and in doing so, lose something they had to begin with. Ultimately, there will be a homogeneous culture, but there will be strife until that happens. Most of the time, those who want to preserve the culture they have, are painted as the bad guys

I didn't mean to imply that it is about skin colour, I just noticed the phrase 'brown people' had been used a few times.

Unfortunately that may be the case, but the people from different cultures have chosen to live in a different country, and so they must try to co-exist in a multicultural society. It seems that everything goes to shit when the 'visiting' culture tries to impose their laws, rituals and customs on the land in which they live. England does not follow Islam as a national religion, just like other countries do not follow Christianity. Personally I see religion as the fuel that starts these ridiculous 'wars' between countries, and I see no reason for me to hate every Muslim because of their religion. I also see no reason for a Muslim to hate me, simply because I'm different.

One thing I don't understand, is that I assume these people have left their native countries to escape the horrors and oppression, so why would they want to introduce the same things here? I will not presume to judge people on how their country deals with certain issues, but when people want to start justifying honour killings and whipping women in the street in England, I get a little pissed off. My main problem is that they have decided to live in this country - if our police are shit, our laws too soft, our women too slutty, our men too lazy, our children too wild, and so on.. why stay here? If you don't like it, leave, don't threaten us all with eternal damnation. It's difficult for me to get offended by someone telling me I'm going to burn in hell for all eternity if I don't turn to Islam, seeing as I don't believe in it, but it's still a bit much.

I think a crusade on hindus are long overdue. When did we ever have one of those? Never! And they multiply - and soon they will be moving .... somewhere! Horror of horrors!

Overall, Hindus don't convert or at minimum don't desire changes to existing law so there's less fear. [Note I'm not saying persecution of Muslims is a good thing.]

There are issues with stopping the conversion of others, but that AFAIK is limited to India.

Overall, Hindus don't convert or at minimum don't desire changes to existing law so there's less fear. [Note I'm not saying persecution of Muslims is a good thing.]

There are issues with stopping the conversion of others, but that AFAIK is limited to India.

This is, of course, a false sense of security, built up over some thousand years. We will not be duped!

well thats something then. but it really sounds like you're taking their (and other similar frindge groups) actions and suggesting that this is a majority view or even a widespread problem.

As someone who lives in london and watches local and regional news I can tell you its not that big an issue.

As another Londoner, I've known one English Defence League member. That's it. Sure I know a lot of casual racists, but not the BNP/EDL style ones. More the sorts that'll moan under their breath when they see a headscarf.

That said, I'm really annoyed that pride in Britain/England is mostly reserved for the racists. A good old sing song about England's past, flying the flag and roving around in a big happy gang of merrymakers sounds awesome, but I'd rather do it with anyone who identifies themselves as English or British, not just white people with no eastern european blood. And I'd rather do it to celebrate living in one of the best places on earth to live rather than in "defence" of a "way of life" which isn't really being attacked in the first place. :(

Unfortunately the only time we can celebrate being English without being racist is when the football team does well, so practically never. I still have fond memories of trying to climb nelson's column as a kid during Euro 96 and world cup 2008 though. Signing as part of the crowd. Being truly English, surrounded by my countrymen*.

*Countryman is hereby defined as anyone who supports the Three Lions during an international tournament, regardless of where they or their parents/grandparents were born, what they look like, what sex they are, what they do for a living or which accent they have. A new immigrant who sings his heart out for the football team is English enough for me!

um...fuck the crusades.

Exactly. It is time for Humanity to take the next level, and destroy our weapons of mass destruction. Killing other human beings never solves anything, all it does is make things worse.

By the way, I am American. I live near two military bases, and I am constantly hearing planes and helicopters almost all day.

So Sikhs being attacked for "being muslim bastards" or the like... They aren't being attacked because of their skin colours and accents?

You might be anti muslim but not anti middle-eastern. Plenty of other people, in fact the large majority of those we call racists, don't care if said "Muslim" is actually a Buddhist, Hindi, Sikh or Atheist. They are middle eastern and therefore Muslim scum in their eyes. I was outright asked by the one I know "What would you do if your daughter brought home a foreign boy?"

I responded with "Well, you know, I married a foreigner, so..." only to be told that Norwegian isn't "really foreign". So I have a feeling skin colour may have been involved there.

What culture is it we're losing exactly? Most of what you'd call british culture is pretty much a direct result of tons of mixing influences, from our Celtic, Roman, angle, saxon, viking, norman and dutch ancestry via invasions to our imported cultural snippets from an empire which lasted something like 3-4 hundred years.

Out of interest, is my wife a dirty invader destroying our culture? She still celebrates her national holidays, our kids speak both languages (although school has made the elder more english speaking), she's not a member of the church of england and would not join it, and watns to bring the kids up in her native culture more than the "english" way.

If you need to ask where she's from before answering, you're both racist, and forgot me mentioning my Norwegian wife earlier. ;)

I didn't mean to imply that it is about skin colour, I just noticed the phrase 'brown people' had been used a few times.

Unfortunately that may be the case, but the people from different cultures have chosen to live in a different country, and so they must try to co-exist in a multicultural society. It seems that everything goes to shit when the 'visiting' culture tries to impose their laws, rituals and customs on the land in which they live. England does not follow Islam as a national religion, just like other countries do not follow Christianity. Personally I see religion as the fuel that starts these ridiculous 'wars' between countries, and I see no reason for me to hate every Muslim because of their religion. I also see no reason for a Muslim to hate me, simply because I'm different.

One thing I don't understand, is that I assume these people have left their native countries to escape the horrors and oppression, so why would they want to introduce the same things here? I will not presume to judge people on how their country deals with certain issues, but when people want to start justifying honour killings and whipping women in the street in England, I get a little pissed off. My main problem is that they have decided to live in this country - if our police are shit, our laws too soft, our women too slutty, our men too lazy, our children too wild, and so on.. why stay here? If you don't like it, leave, don't threaten us all with eternal damnation. It's difficult for me to get offended by someone telling me I'm going to burn in hell for all eternity if I don't turn to Islam, seeing as I don't believe in it, but it's still a bit much.

There are people claiming we'll burn in Catholic and Anglican hell for the same things. The answer is that religious extremists are nuts and should be ignored by polite society, regardless of their religion of choice. I'd probably include militant atheists in there too.

...*Countryman is hereby defined as anyone who supports the Three Lions during an international tournament, regardless of where they or their parents/grandparents were born, what they look like, what sex they are, what they do for a living or which accent they have. A new immigrant who sings his heart out for the football team is English enough for me!

Then we are not countrymen sir :fencing: although I am also London born I'm just not masochistic enough to support England at the football. :)

Archived