Is Wow going to see the Starks vengence?

total1402

Benjen, respected/worshipped by the NW for his ranging skills. Imagine the reaction if he turns up after 3/4/? years surviving in the North.

Completely forgot about Benjen! I am losing hope that he might still be alive, but if he is then he may have some valuable information about the Others.

Eddard reminisces that he had one stain on his honor, with the implication being that it related to his promise to his sister. Eddard may not have given his opponents enough credit to do dishonorable things, but that is the blindness in honorable people. Honorable people expect others to react honorably, as well. Failure to react honorably can be rectified with the edge of a sword, though.

It took a lot of betrayals to actually end Eddard's story, not just one. Eddard even knew that he was on thin ice with his depleted strength, and sought help from neutral parties, or really Littlefinger who was the crux of the betrayal. Littlefinger was drooling over getting a chance to marry Catelyn.

I do agree with you because king slayer hd to be given some credit for slaying the mad king becuase although he was part of seven if he kept his vows KL would have been burned to ashses by the mad king as was his plan.I don't know actually if New knew about this or not but if he knew although there was no honor in it, it was the right thing to do.I think story would have been really different if New would have died instead of Brandon his brother because from the books he was the wild wolf, and ned was the silent one.

Completely forgot about Benjen! I am losing hope that he might still be alive, but if he is then he may have some valuable information about the Others.

I think coldhands is benjen stark although i have no evidence to support my claim, and i think him coming in story will really ruin for jon if he plans to go to WF and do as the will of robb said beacuse he won't allow jon to break his vows to NW.

All of the other houses have been going through up and down moments through the first five books while the Starks have only been going down and farther down. But winter is coming, and with it a chaos that most of the realm isn't prepared for. And who knows winter better than the Starks? Sansa is poised to make a move in the Vale (assuming she can get around Littlefinger). Bran is becoming a powerful greenseer beyond the Wall. Arya is in training to become one of the Faceless Men, giving her skills that will make her deadly in Westeros. If Davos can find Rickon then the entire north will rally behind him because they would much rather support a Stark than a Bolton. If Brynden Tully meets up with undead Cat then they can unite the riverlands under one banner. Jon is not dead for good, especially with Melisandre right there in Castle Black. It is only a matter of time before he learns that Robb made him heir to Winterfell, and once he learns of this he can join forces with the rest of the northmen and fight off the invasion of the Others. The Starks are overdue for a comeback, and the time is ripe for them to show that they are not out of this game yet.

I can agree with all your points except, regarding sansa because i don't think she has in her to outwit someone like LF.

Rickon....

Those islands are quite close to the Dreadfort and Karhold aren't they?

An army of cannibals overwhelming the skinner Boltons? Ah if only such vengence could happen. Gods can you imagine if Ramsey got eaten alive and Rickon ate his heart?

On the other hand there is also a possibility that he will be evil and uncontrollable when he comes back .. he may also complicate things for the Starks.. he can be more savage than the Boltons or the Freys...

On the other hand there is also a possibility that he will be evil and uncontrollable when he comes back .. he may also complicate things for the Starks.. he can be more savage than the Boltons or the Freys...

You never know what GRRM has in his mind for us.

I can agree with all your points except, regarding sansa because i don't think she has in her to outwit someone like LF.

Yeah I'm still unsure about that too, but you never know. Maybe she will surprise us!

Prepare to be surprised. I don't predict much about this series but I'm sure Sansa will get the better of LF. Mainly because, in his arrogance, he underestimates her. It's fairly easy to outmanouevre someone (or some family) when they don't know you're plotting against them but Sansa understands a lot more about LF then he realises. She's no longer a naive 11yo and she's always been an excellent student.

Prepare to be surprised. I don't predict much about this series but I'm sure Sansa will get the better of LF. Mainly because, in his arrogance, he underestimates her. It's fairly easy to outmanouevre someone (or some family) when they don't know you're plotting against them but Sansa understands a lot more about LF then he realises. She's no longer a naive 11yo and she's always been an excellent student.

When did she prove to be a excellent student?

I think her getting rid of littlefinger is pretty simple actually. If she go's along with his plan up to the point of marrying harry the heir she will have gained the vale, and a non imp supposedly gallant or at least a good fighter husband. Then if she reveals herself the day of the wedding per littlefingers plan everyone will know how noble of birth she is and it is unclear what littlefingers role in the affairs of the vale would be after that. He is technically lord of Harrenhall and liege lord of the Riverlands but he seems to not want to take his seat. We do not know littlefingers end game, killing harry then marrying Sansa seems too simple to me, but maybe it isn't. Poetic justice would be for her to poison him with the choker beads that the queen of thorns used to kill Joffrey.

If I were littlefinger based on what I know of his experiences to satisfy all my resentment I would want to rule the Vale and Riverlands from Riverrun or the Eyrie, while married to Sansa. From a perhaps ignorant pov a trade of Harrenhall for Riverrun wouldn't seem to ridiculous to me.

The last book A Dream of Spring was going to be called A Time for Wolves but GRRM renamed it. Therefore it'll be the last book they get their comeback. The next book will involve Dany's invasion and Stannis's conquering of the North. It will end with the invasion of the Others IMO.

A Dream of Spring is a pretty good title, but A Time for Wolves would have been totally badass, even if it is a bit of a spoiler. But I mean who is he kidding, we all know the Starks are going to have their vengeance in the end anyway.

I see Sansa revealing who she is to Bronze Yohn and the others. May be one way to get rid of LF. That may finally bring the Vale out to get the North back and her to her rightful place. Just a theory. BTW, this is my first post!! ^_^

Welcome to the forums Amanda! Happy to have you joining us:)

When did she prove to be a excellent student?

I'm sure in AGOT, her Septa (and maybe others?) comment on her ability at needlework, the bells, the high harp, and I think some other things. Fair enough these might not be useful survival skills but they are the subjects that high born girls are taught and she masters them, so she has shown the ability to learn and learn well.

A Dream of Spring is a pretty good title, but A Time for Wolves would have been totally badass, even if it is a bit of a spoiler. But I mean who is he kidding, we all know the Starks are going to have their vengeance in the end anyway.

That´s is why i still read those books after those years. I cant imagine those stark loyals who have been waiting their vengance for decades!!!!! :ack:

And I´m not even tring to predict anything, if george kils just one child more i´m done. I know this is not a fairy tale but you don´t have to kill all the heroes (specially if theu are stark) just to justify that you are a good writer. Sometimes this is a good place to live and don´t fool ourselves, this is the only one.

Romantic, I hadn´t read your firm, sorry for the offtopic but amazing good one.

Winds of Winter sounds a good book for the return of the wolves. But its going to be a long ride if Bran+Rickon+Arya+Sansa+Catelyn have to get together. We lost Ned in the first book, Robb in the third, Jon in the 5th..

I cant wait for some vengeance for this family, Martin seems to have it for them (worst was when Arya was deemed blind).

As for Jon, I dont think we should discount the fact that Jon may die after all. Martin hasnt shown any mercy for Ned or Robb or even Tywin. Obviously main characters are going to die in the next book. I just dont want Jon to emerge as Coldhands or Robert Strong..dead people should be dead and we have enough sorcery ruining the book at the moment.

that said imagine the tv show trailer for the 6th book..voice over of Ned Stark going "Winter is Coming" and a cut scene where Manderley tells Stannis "The North Remembers..."

And then there they are... the Frey Pies!

Archived