What is your most crackpot theory? v.2

Angalin

1.Rhaegar is cold hands, his armor is in Brandons Tomb. Ned Stark killed him at the tower of Joy. Somebody else was wearing Rhaegars armor at the trident.

2. Dawn is in the Crypts at winterfell

3. Gerald Dayne is really a Stark

4. Varys is a Blackfire

5. Bran will sit on the iron throne

6. Jamie will get a sword for a hand and duel weild swords

7. Rhaegars Rubies have magical powers

8. Young Griff is Illyrios son and is a blackfire

9. Blood Raven is in Ghost

10. Ned Stark had minor Warg capabilities thus is able to communicate as a ghost within the crypts of winterfell. He will tell Jon that he is actually the son of Hodor and the Ghost High Heart (nah R+L lol) then guide him to the lower chambers to find a pet stark dragon left by Queen Allysane when she rode silverwing to the wall.

Hotpie to Arya in ASOS:

You will come back, won’t you? When the war’s done?” He remembered who she was then, and added, “My lady,” reddening.

Arya didn’t know if the war would ever be done, but she had nodded.

Story ends with Arya and Jon having a nice meal in Hotpies Inn, Jon ruffling Aryas hair as if she was 10 years old still.

I was just about to write something similar. I'd like to take it a (few) step further. because your theory really isn't crackpot enough, in my opinion:

• I think that Ned and Ashara Dayne were lovers and that Ned (unknowingly) got her pregnant just before Robert's Rebellion (he disappeared for a while after he and Robert left The Vale).
  • After Brandon Stark died at the hands of Aerys, Ned took up Brandon's marriage pledge to Catelyn and realised that he and Ashara would never be together again. Ashara realised the same and was stricken with grief as she woudln't be with the man she loved and ALSO had his bastard in womb.
  • Ashara is distraught and going crazier and crazier while the baby grows. Meanwhile the rebellion isn't going well for the Targaryans and Rheagar has Lyanna Stark stashed in the Tower of Joy, surrounded by Kingsguard, cooking HER unborn Targaryan child.
  • Varys sees a way to possibly protect the children of Rheagar and Elia. He knows that the Dayne children invariably favour the Dayne side of the lineage and that the Daynes look enough like the Targaryans that he could use Ashara's baby to substitute for either of Rheagar's kids in case the worst occurs and Robert decides to try to extinguish the line.
  • Ashara has the baby but to help 'uncomplicate' things, she is told that the baby was still born.
  • Varys steals the baby, but is unable to make the switch before Rheagar's kids are killed.
  • Instead he dispatches Ashara's kid to Iliriyo in Pentos, claiming that the boy is baby Aegon
  • So Young Griff is actually the bastard child of Ned Stark and Ashara Dayne
  • Ned heads south to The Tower of Joy to try to save his sister, but finds her dying after having just given birth to Jon. Ned has to kill Ashara's brother Arthur Dayne (a Kingsguard) to get to his sister.
  • Word of her brother's death reaches Ashara before Ned does
  • Ashara goes bat shit crazy (she can't marry the man she loves because he's betrothed to another and she's just had his still born bastard AND he's just killed her brother) and takes a dive off the walls of Starfall.
  • Ned gets to Starfall and finds out that Ashara is dead and that she bore him a bastard child.
  • Ned had already reconciled himself with the notion of raising Jon as his bastard son, but this news re-enforces his commitment to never tell anyone (especially Catelyn) that Jon isn't his..

Now THAT'S some full on 'crack-pottery' right there, ladies and gentlemen!!!

~Faded

This is surely crackpot and blew my mind... I'll have a deep look at it and try to figure out if it could be true... I like this kind of stuff :-P

The citadel will create synthetic blood. This will lead to vampires coming into the mainstream and coexisting with the rest of Westeros. One of the vampires will be sent to find a serving wench with strange mind reading powers. The wench has no idea that her mind reading powers are the result of her having fairy blood.

Strange events start happening and get resolved about every 10-12 episodes

oh wait........ thats a different HBO show

sorry for the double post, but i had to share this one as well.

the entire series is actually set in the afterlife. everyone one is already dead. When someone "dies" in the books they are actually being reincarnated into the realm of the living where they will feast all day and screw long into the night. In this realm of the living all the women have huge dark nipples, all the men have fat pink masts, and everyone has grease running down their faces when they eat.

sorry for the double post, but i had to share this one as well.

the entire series is actually set in the afterlife. everyone one is already dead. When someone "dies" in the books they are actually being reincarnated into the realm of the living where they will feast all day and screw long into the night. In this realm of the living all the women have huge dark nipples, all the men have fat pink masts, and everyone has grease running down their faces when they eat.

Oh no! Not the Narnia cop-out! Too trite; please, no!

Deep inside Robert knew that Lyanna went willingly with Rhaegar and that´s why he became such a bitter man. The only reason why he told everyone that she was kidnaped and raped is that he whether wanted to admit to himself that Lyanna didn´t love him nor he wanted that everyone saws him as a cuckold.

howland reed never appears in the story and r+l is revealed via the deux ex machina weirwoods. :-P

and melisandre is really shiera. she'll go to bloodraven's cave and their love will be rekindled, but they'll end up killing each other and that duel will be the real song of ice and fire. *rolling eyes at myself*

R+L=J is true, but it will never be confirmed, except maybe by GRRM outside the books. We don't need it spelled out for us. I find it almost more powerful as something that is there to be figured out. Maybe not too crackpot - I actually believe this one.

Okay. So, here is my very crackpotty theory, and yes I do recognize that it's crackpot and don't really believe it but it would be interesting.

The hooded man in Winterfell is Rhaegar. We never hear what happened to his body after he supposedly died. If he survived somehow, then after Robert's Rebellion he could have gone to Winterfell to keep an eye on his last living child, Jon. He's been living in the crypts that whole time.

Okay. So, here is my very crackpotty theory, and yes I do recognize that it's crackpot and don't really believe it but it would be interesting.

The hooded man in Winterfell is Rhaegar. We never hear what happened to his body after he supposedly died. If he survived somehow, then after Robert's Rebellion he could have gone to Winterfell to keep an eye on his last living child, Jon. He's been living in the crypts that whole time.

true story

Along with the one where Theon is glamoured to look like Jon and then is stabbed by Bowen Marsh, because his fingers are all messed up he couldnt pull out his sword.

Let the hating begin! :fencing:

Sansa and Gendry will end up together (I don't ship it, I find ships tiresome...) but it would be rather fitting if the Stark-Baratheon alliance was finally cemented with these two.

After all, "you have a daughter, I have a son..."

true story

Along with the one where Theon is glamoured to look like Jon and then is stabbed by Bowen Marsh, because his fingers are all messed up he couldnt pull out his sword.

Let the hating begin! :fencing:

But like... when did that happen? And so the whole chapter was through Theon's perspective? lol. how does he know who ANY of them are. Or where anything is. Or who the hell burroq is. oh lordy

Archived