What is your most crackpot theory? v.2

Angalin

Jon Snow will never know who his parents are. Go.

(eta: I won't likely have the time for a follow-up discussion of this thesis, just wanted to start you off somewhere.)

I want to re-post this from the tail end of the last thread to get some constructive criticism :

Darkstar isn't a real person.

Darkstar is a fictional personae created by Doran Martell to do otherwise unpalatable deeds that Doran requires to advance his political machinations.

"Farkstar" has an unclear background with no established family tree - a "cadet branch of house Dayne" - some insignificant knightly branch - the perfect murky and difficult to confirm cover story. Does anyone really know him that well?

What else explains his shockingly random attack on Myrcella from out of nowhere?

Why does he come off as terribly awkward and uncomfortable in his own skin? Perhaps it's just a sellsword or man at arms playing a role as an actor?

Just kind of comes from nowhere to create random mayhem?

A half dozen men might have pretended to be "Farkstar" over the years. The shocking hairdo makes for nice camouflage - if everyone notices the streaky hair, it might distract from the fact that the part has been played by more than one individual.

He could still honestly be said to be "the most dangerous man in Dorne", after all.

I want to re-post this from the tail end of the last thread to get some constructive criticism :

Darkstar isn't a real person.

Darkstar is a fictional personae created by Doran Martell to do otherwise unpalatable deeds that Doran requires to advance his political machinations.

"Farkstar" has an unclear background with no established family tree - a "cadet branch of house Dayne" - some insignificant knightly branch - the perfect murky and difficult to confirm cover story. Does anyone really know him that well?

What else explains his shockingly random attack on Myrcella from out of nowhere?

Why does he come off as terribly awkward and uncomfortable in his own skin? Perhaps it's just a sellsword or man at arms playing a role as an actor?

Just kind of comes from nowhere to create random mayhem?

A half dozen men might have pretended to be "Farkstar" over the years. The shocking hairdo makes for nice camouflage - if everyone notices the streaky hair, it might distract from the fact that the part has been played by more than one individual.

He could still honestly be said to be "the most dangerous man in Dorne", after all.

I read somewhere and I forget where, a very simmaler idea about 007.

My Crackpot: Stannis (And I love Stannis, so this is still hard to write) will be betrayed by the North, after taking Winterfell, only to be reborn truly as Azor Ahai.

I have already been very politely told that I am crazy for this.

It all started with 1 sentence that did not make sense to me.

"You had the Better claim" not Best, The, the only, but Better.

I think that a Stark, most likely Edwyle, was married to a Targ, most likely one of Eggs Sisters. (there for Roberts claim was 1 gen closer) To take it more steps, that R did not go to Harrenhall and fall for Lyanna. He went to Harrenhall to win Lyanna heart(as she was the only female w/ Targ blood left), and as a good Targ always does make a true Targ heir.

I already put a cpt in the first thread, and this one isnt actually a theory, just kind of pointing something out...what if the dark flame is not moqorro but aegon? because dark could =black, flame=fyre? did someone already point this out?

Bran is going to go Old Testament on the Freys and break the neck with his greenseer powers in an effort to slow the Others down. This is what the prophecy of towers by the sea being swallowed up means.

I already put a cpt in the first thread, and this one isnt actually a theory, just kind of pointing something out...what if the dark flame is not moqorro but aegon? because dark=black, flame=fyre? did someone already point this out?

Bran is going to go Old Testament on the Freys and break the neck with his greenseer powers in an effort to slow the Others down. This is what the prophecy of towers by the sea being swallowed up means.

Two pieces of art. I like them even if I think that Aegon is no Blackfyre.

I think Jon has been dead for a long time, and the person whose p-o-v thoughts we've been reading about is Ghost, who warged into him at some point. Possibly during the wight attack. It is also possible they just switched bodies and can't or won't go back now. It would explain so many things...

:leaving:

Now I don't 100% subscribe to this only 30%...I think that the Great Other is an actual Ice Dragon. Why would they exist? Well I could ask why do fire breathing dragons exist. Why haven't they appeared in the story 5 books in? They are waiting to launch their full attack. First they send out a few Others and wights to take out as many people as possible.

Which brings me to the Great Others and Others agenda. They are not evil at all. They are the orgins of all magic. Which is why they haven't been seen for thousands of years. Same reasons why you saw them return first then the dragons. When they sleep magic goes aways. When they awake, magic returns. Why are they returning? To collect a blood debt, which is the cost of humans and other humanoid races for using magic.

Archived