Which word in Westeros bothers you?

Why, the MOOt?
Sounds like a cow :D kingsmoooot

I don't understand it either why that word is so bad. "Moot" is an archaic word for a council called together specifically to debate and decide a matter of great and common importance. It fits because it is an old tradition, not practiced since the Targaryen Conquest.

In general I don' get the people who complain about archaic words because they are archaic and outdated. The book is set in a place that is the equivalent of the Middle Ages. How do you want the people to sound?  

• 2 months later...

As English is not my mother tongue, I appreciate all those archaic words that you can't stand. They give an old, medieval feel to the story.
Having said that, I really cringe every time a meal is described and they get to the "Wash down" part.
Also, somewhat related, I find peculiar the word "flagon."

A lot of the complaints I'm seeing are words used in other countries. Arse is used in England and so is bitch for a female dog. (me being from the states every time I hear that I cringe) They ALL say bitch,no one says female dog here. Another one I saw was someone didn't like how Jaime was spelled but I read it's spelled like that in other countries and G.R.R didn't just make it up.

Nuncle is the worst!

Archived