Which word in Westeros bothers you?

Nuncle always made me furious for some reason. Hearing an adult (Asha) say that word just makes me want to hit her across the face with a large oaken club wrapped in barbed wire. I think if someone ever said that word within my hearing I would literally walk over and punch them in the face, age or gender be damned.

Can't think of any others, but it may just be that Nuncle pisses me off so bad it overrides the others.

Actually I don't like the word Westeros it just doesn't sound good to me... :uhoh:

There's a Wester Ross in Scotland, I always think the reporters saying it wrong.

Threads that bug me: this one.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/70190-beauty-means-health-or-why-its-okay-to-say-no-to-tyrion/

You should give that a try, almost put me off the internet.

On topic I'd say dugs, teats etc make me think GRRM should spent less time reading rhythm pamphlets.

I hadn't realised until this post that turnips weren't a common vegetable outside the UK. Are they called something else in the US or do they just not get grown there? Nothing wrong with some Haggis, neeps and tatties.

We eat turnips in New England but I think in the midwest rutabagas are more popular. I think those may be bigger than turnips, but close to the same thing. I had never heard of a neep.

I know people who say Nuncle, and I'd probably say it myself if I had any cause to. A lot of older folks around here say one-and-twenty instead of twenty one, as well. Arse and bugger are everyday terms around here as well. "You're not wrong" as well.

I'm quite surprised that so many people are angered by what to me is just the English language.

• 3 years later...

Archived