What one thing would you improve in the tv series in season 3 if you could!

The Hound of Ulster

As has been mentioned, 10 episodes is the maximum amount they can shoot based on their shooting schedule and budget if they want the show to begin on time every year. D&D have already stated that they couldn't do any more episodes without starting the season later.

Yes unfortunately the time where you could do a Lost and have 23 episodes per season is gone in which every episode does play like a POV of a character are gone. Man I wish GOT had that

As much as I adore the visuals and find the show incredibly beautiful to look at... I'd improve some of the costumes and - especially - the wigs. I love the armor design and the outfits in general but I LOATHED the hilariously impractical breastplate/corset thingy Cersei was wearing for Blackwater, and some of Dany's outfits (the ones that tried to incorporate a Dothraki look in Quarth mostly) were a little questionable, not to mention both beautiful ladies deserve better hair, eeek.

A few small things to improve the show:

1. Recast Mel. If she is supposed to be exotic, she isn't. If she is supposed to be incredibly gorgeous, she isn't. If she is supposed to be forbidding in a magical sort of way, she isn't that either. She is one of my biggest disappointments and because she goes all the way through to book 5, at least -- fix it.

2. More direwolves: I agree completely. These wolves are almost metaphors for their human counterparts and the fact that the show seems to spend so little time on them is disturbing.

3. The opening images: It always looks like Legos to me and that seems incredibly out of place for a blood sport like Game of Thrones. Love the music, love the maps, hate the sliding erector set/Legos/ type images.

1. Recast Mel. If she is supposed to be exotic, she isn't. If she is supposed to be incredibly gorgeous, she isn't. If she is supposed to be forbidding in a magical sort of way, she isn't that either. She is one of my biggest disappointments and because she goes all the way through to book 5, at least -- fix it.

I think she comes across pretty much as described in the books.

She's also very beautiful, imo.

3. The opening images: It always looks like Legos to me and that seems incredibly out of place for a blood sport like Game of Thrones. Love the music, love the maps, hate the sliding erector set/Legos/ type images.

Too late, this is already too much a part of the show.

Carice van Houten is a brilliant Mel. Like I said a while back, it's the writing that's keeping her from being the foreboding force she's supposed to be. It's about the introduction of myth and magic, not the actor who is doing exactly what we want. Recasting can only hurt the show at this point.

If it just sticks to the exact story in the books, like season 1, the series will be flawless. Seriously, they have awesome budget, awesome cast, awesome directores adn etc, just don't fuck up the story and it'll be the greatest series that was or will be ever shown on TV.

I have to agree with Dolorous Ali. They changed quite a number of things in the second season that were kind of pointless. For example the Qarth storyline. Making Xaro a Summer Islander, OK that's great but what was up with the whole huge valyrian steel door thing? I feel like they just wanted to showcase Dany putting someone in there as punishment. Another thing was them not finding that abandoned city with all the fruit. So we're supposed to believe that they make it all the way to Qarth with nothing but Horse meat and no water? And what was the point of changing Asha's name to Yara? Obviously things have to be changed if there's a good reason for it but it seems like all the changes this season were out of the blue.

Make battle sequences a little longer? The Yoren/Night's Watch fight comes to mind. It was so epic, but so short, only like, two minutes of fighting. And as others said, focus on characters more instead of having to jump through their plotline quickly. I didn't really mind it in seasons 1 and 2, but now that ASOS is suppose to be 2 seasons, focus more on one character at a time.

I think that there's no need for more episodes because after knowing what they've done with the remaining time this season, the extra episodes will only add nosense and uninteresting stuff. Examples: Arya and Tywin at harrenhal (i liked their convesations but after a while and doing it every episode, i found it boring) / Talissa story in ep. 8 / Petyr, his brothel and Ros. = do not make long scenes for things 90% of the viewers don't care.

I also think that they must re-read the books for Jon character mostly, but also for others like Cat, Robb, Tyrion, etc.

I know it's difficult to show on tv the character thoughts and true intentions, but with Jon in the latest episodes they could have done better, for a non-reader viewer it was like he betrayed the night's watch... and that's not true (not in the books)

What i really hope they don't do is the same as with True Blood. I've seen the show and read the books: the first season was similar to the first book but with every new season they grew more separate from the books and now, in my opinion some storylines are boring to death and stupid.

And of course I want, like some of you have said, more direwolves! (and show their relationship with their owners)

Let the book story drive the show. Don't be afraid for characters to disappear for a season (ala The Wire). Dont let the actors drive the story (ala Charles Dance). Read the story. Get the characterizations RIGHT-Jon is not searching for a father figure, he is not a doofus, Robb is not a petulant teenager-he is the classic tragic hero, Cat is not a bumbling moron, etc. TRUST the material.

I also like the idea of reducing character stories during each episode. That SHOULD permit more episodes as you can get longer and more scenes using the same sets and costumes without massively increasing expenses. 12 to 13 episodes would be great.

SNIP

I also think that they must re-read the books for Jon character mostly, but also for others like Cat, Robb, Tyrion, etc.

SNIP

I think it is pretty clear that D&D simply do not understand many of the characters. They said in one of the episode discussions that Jon is looking for a father figure. There is simply no basis for that in the books. If anything Jon had too many father figures, Eddard, Ser Rodrick, Maester Luwin even Theon. What he didnt have was a MOTHER figure (or the one he had was hostile). ACOK was Jon developing into a strong leader, not developing into a man. As a bastard he was forced to grow up fast. Book Jon showed NO incompetence or poor judgement and when he did make mistakes he quickly changed upon receiving advice. I simply will not be able to jive Show Jon with a character that will stand up to Stannis and Mel and lead the NW, making very hard decisions that he came up with.

They completely screwed up Robb as well. Book Robb is explicitely stated as NOT being a typical petulant teenager. he is constantly described as surprisingly mature and level headed, LISTENING and REACTING to advice given. Not ignoring it with extended premeditation. That will make him unsympathetic when it comes to Edmure's Wedding Night. Book Robb was a sympathetic character because he was a tragic figure. Show Robb is a petulant fool deserving of what he gets.

I have not optimism that D&D will ever get it.

Archived