if the characters lived in our world and time which celebs or politicians would they be like?

Catelyn Stark = Ron Paul

both are in favour of reducing the army's involvement in the political climate, and neither are listened to, Cat by the Northmen and her son, RP by the media.

And both's ideas, while intriguing in the abstract, tend to lead to disastrous results in practice.

Cersei Lannister= Christina Kirchner, pesident of Argentina.

Both absolutely batshit crazy, taking their respective nation's in a political and economic free fall, all the while thinking they are doing the right things and going to succeed. Both suffer from paranoia of sorts, are widows, have affairs, and scorn their enemies

As I read Cersei's chapters, I thought this was the closest of all connections

Robb Stark- George Washington: Though a young Robb Stark was more like George Washington in his second go around in warfare, he is not flash in manner, but his honor and demeanor win the loyalty of those around him, even those with extremely different ideologies and backgrounds then either himself, or the other people that he leads. Obviously the situations in the Revolution and the War of Five Kings were very different, but each showed both patience, and, when the time was right, the ability to be decisively bold.

I agree with the Renly/JFK comparison.

Varys = Henry Kissinger

Tywin = Dick Cheney

Agree with the Tywin part

Cersei = Rep. Michelle Bachmann

Dany = Sarah Palin in one respect, Michelle Obama in another

Moonboy = Jon Stewart

Ned = Sen. Bernie Sanders

Varys = Rupert Murdoch

Agree with the Tywin part

Cersei = Rep. Michelle Bachmann

Dany = Sarah Palin in one respect, Michelle Obama in another

Moonboy = Jon Stewart

Ned = Sen. Bernie Sanders

Varys = Rupert Murdoch

like it. people are unfair on moon boy when they call him a fool he is actually an artist whos probably much more intelligent then 3/4 of the court probs more

Patchface=Glenn Beck

Moon Boy=Sean Hannity

Hot Pie=Chris Christie

The two dwarves riding a dog and a pig=Pat Buchanan and Ron Paul

I love you. Will you marry me? Even if you're a man gay marriage is legal in NY now

I think some of characters from the books are too cool, and awesome to be comparable to modern celebs and politicians.

Except whoever said Robert Baratheon = Churchill. Because Churchill was ten times more awesome. Same goes for the Dany = Lincoln comment. It was mean.

I dunno...

Daenerys Targaryen - Hillary Clinton?

Are you comparing blood and fire Dany to Hillary Clinton because Clinton was hawkish (compared to some others in her party) re: the Iraq war? Or are you saying you think that Dany is proving to be as competent at diplomacy as Clinton?

Robb reminds me of Cory Booker, the mayor of Newark, NJ. I don't know if people outside of the NYC area will know who he is but he's a young, good-looking, high-minded leader. He's known for shoveling out old ladies driveways after blizzards and saving people from a burning building... the sort of too good to be true behavior that almost makes you roll your eyes but it just might be sincere... very Stark to me.

Kinda think that the 2 worlds are so differnt not only time wise but technology wise that its just and apple and oranges question.

Ask yourself do you know any celeb or goverment figure as well as u know tyrion,twyin,dany,jon,ned or rob? no u dont.

Our intimate knowlege of them far surpasses out fleeting knowlegde of our current day celebs. While we might think we know them we dont. Did anyone think OJ would make a pez dispenser out of his wife? no.Did any of us dout that joff would do the same for ned? no.

Not to mention the fact that people in those books act like peeps in medievil times. no one acts like that today not even charlie sheen.

Tiger woods isnt robert

John kerry isnt stannis

and

ron paul has too many refrences in this thread

Apples and oranges

Archived