Revelations That Would Ruin Characters For You

The Crow's Eye

If it turns out that Cersei is a born-evil character who killed her friend (Mellara?) as a child. It would piss me off intensely.

Yeah that's pretty much official.

For me, there's a certain point in my investment in a long-running entity like this, or a TV show in its fourth or fifth season, where I start discounting developments that I can't buy as consistent with what has come before and just say instead that the writer has "written that person wrong." That's what I would do with the Cercei/Melara thing - just write it off as not "really" having happened, because I think it would be more than a little over the top at this point. Likewise, It wouldn't ruin the characters themselves if any of the Lannisters turned out to be Targaryans, I think I would probably just pretend it hadn't happened.

Haha..well that explains a lot. So Cercei killing her friend isn't consistent with her general evil cuntiness?

Also, he turns out to the be the big hero, completely redeemed, gets away with all his crimes, comes back to Westeros as Dany's Hand and the Lord of CR. :ack:

This would be amazing. What crimes?

For me

- If Jon comes back as anything but Jon

- If Sansa doesn't become a Stark

- If Dany doesn't make it back to Westeros

- If the Blackfish didn't escape with Robb's wife

- If Jamie and Brienne turn on one another

Haha..well that explains a lot. So Cercei killing her friend isn't consistent with her general evil cuntiness?

It's consistent with the way she's written (dwarficide, Qyburn torture affiliation, etc...) as of AFFC, but I'm not super fond of that in general. That's why I said it's the thing that would really take it too far over-the-top for me - I mean, all of that is post a lot of crazy family tragedy, but pushing her own best friend into a well at 11 and leaving her to die? One thing to many. I found her much more realistically evil in the previous books.

Arya becoming a FM, someone needs to go save her, and take her back to WF when the Starks are back in control.

Lannisters being secret Targs.

Am I the only one who doesn't want Arya to return to Winterfell in perpetuity? I think she is more herself in Braavos, as a FM, that she ever was in Westeros as a failed lady. IMO, it was her Mother, Septa and Sansa turning her into "no one," i.e., a passive embroidering lemoncake-eating highborn girl good only for the marriage meatmarket, not the top shelf of that market, either. At least the FM value her for what she is, even when it's not all good, and they're educating her and turning her into one of the most powerful people in that world. I want her to go to Westeros only long enough to kill a bunch of people who need killing and to let at least one of her siblings know she's alive, and then get the hell out of there . . .

I would also be bitterly disappointed if Sansa loses her moral compass and accepts Littlefinger and his horrid influence. I want her to get away from him.

Her moral compass? Bitch served up her own father.

(just playing, she was just really naive)

Honestly I don't think anything could "ruin" a character for me unless it was some truly horrid writing, like Mance being another secret Targ :bs:

Her moral compass? Bitch served up her own father.

(just playing, she was just really naive)

Honestly I don't think anything could "ruin" a character for me unless it was some truly horrid writing, like Mance being another secret Targ :bs:

What if he's a secret Stark? :)

Am I the only one who doesn't want Arya to return to Winterfell in perpetuity? I think she is more herself in Braavos, as a FM, that she ever was in Westeros as a failed lady. IMO, it was her Mother, Septa and Sansa turning her into "no one," i.e., a passive embroidering lemoncake-eating highborn girl good only for the marriage meatmarket, not the top shelf of that market, either. At least the FM value her for what she is, even when it's not all good, and they're educating her and turning her into one of the most powerful people in that world. I want her to go to Westeros only long enough to kill a bunch of people who need killing and to let at least one of her siblings know she's alive, and then get the hell out of there . . .

Why can't she come back and kick ass, claim her rights, and still be herself? :dunno:

What if he's a secret Stark? :)

I'd pray the pink letter is true, even though I like Stannis

Edit- "Aegon", Dany, Aemon, Bloodraven, Viserys, Jon quite possibly...we have enough Targs imo

Am I the only one who doesn't want Arya to return to Winterfell in perpetuity? (...) I want her to go to Westeros only long enough to kill a bunch of people who need killing and to let at least one of her siblings know she's alive, and then get the hell out of there . . .

Just out of curiosity , am I the only one who doesn't actively wish Arya will keep on killing people in the most awesome and badass way? Who finds heartbreaking the fact that she's a twelve years old whom war and loss have turned into a unscrupulous murderer?

Why can't she come back and kick ass, claim her rights, and still be herself? :dunno:

What rights? She's fourth in line to inherit Winterfell (assuming Bran makes it out of his cave, in which case she'll be third.) Depending on how Robb's will is written, she may have even lost her contingent claim. And we've seen how many opportunities highborn girls have, few to none. They marry the man their parents/guardians pick out for them, or die. Perhaps they can become septas, but we haven't seen any highborn girl do that, have we? And really, Arya as a septa is even more absurd than Arya as a wife, but I can't imagine that the King or the Lords will let one of the few remaining Starks go to waste, so to speak.

I'll rip my eyes out if Sansa becomes the Lady of Winterfell (unlikely, thank the old gods) and is in charge of deciding Arya's future. Sansa giving Arya orders? What a travesty. Anyway, Sansa is still a lady's lady, and getting more ladylike day by day, while Arya is now something Sansa couldn't imagine in her wildest nightmare; that they'll have a meeting of the minds is implausible in the extreme in spite of reader's fantasies that they'll have a happy reunion.

Furthermore, people might not believe she's the real Arya Stark because of Jeyne's mascarade. If she's not "Arya of House Stark" in Westeros she's no better off than any orphan girl in the land, which is not very well off at all.

Pah. She's better off killing kings, imo.

Just out of curiosity , am I the only one who doesn't actively wish Arya will keep on killing people in the most awesome and badass way? Who finds heartbreaking the fact that she's a twelve years old whom war and loss have turned into a unscrupulous murderer?

And what do you wish for her future? Marriage to Gendry, a Baratheon by-blow, and a quiet life as a smallfolk wife? Implausible, implausible -- how do you keep a girl down on the farm after she's seen Braavos?

What rights?

I'm predicting a Westerosi feminist revolution by the end of ASOIAF which will allow Arya to chose her own destiny irrregardless of who may or may not be the Lord of Winterfell. YMMV.

I'm predicting a Westerosi feminist revolution by the end of ASOIAF which will allow Arya to chose her own destiny irrregardless of who may or may not be the Lord of Winterfell. YMMV.

A Westerosi feminist revolution would be wonderful, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Benjen Stark being dead all along.

Yes.

Any Greyjoy happy ending especially Asha.

Fix'd :D

Victarion succeeding in binding the dragons to his will. *table flip*

Jon actually not being Ned's bastard. *glares at the rest of you lot* :fencing:

UnCat's continuous existence. (srsly, someone needs to end her!)

Aegon being fake. (ill be so sad!)

Arya never making it back to Westeros.

Bran not leaving the cave.

Hodor not kicking any ass.

It's not just you, I feel the same way. I don't think Arya is turning in to a bad ass. She is much more of a child solider than anything. Personally. I think she has shown more evidence of mental scarring than her sister. I'm really worried about Arya.

I wouldn't go so far to say feminist revolution but there is a lots of evidence that a changing landscape is coming. It's been a slow build up for awhile so I think you are right. And if Arya does decide to return to WF, no way would Sansa force a particular life on her, especially marriage. Heck, Sansa doesn't even want to get married again.

If Blackfyre is Vary's endgame I'll be a little vexed with him. Hope he keeps a few more twist in the works, or atleast their's some better explanation then simple: 'Blackfyre sympathizer' from the get-go.

I'm in the minority here but if Lightbringer isn't a sword I'll be really pissed.

Anyone seen the 80's Tramsformers movie? If Jon is AA, I want it to be like when Hot Rod becomes Rodimus Prime. I still want Jon to be Jon, just stronger and more badass with a flaming super sword.

Archived