Revelations That Would Ruin Characters For You

The Crow's Eye

R+L=J being particularly plot relevant. I don't mind if it's true, I would just be disappointed if the knowledge of it ever influenced Jon's actions in a substantial manner.

Mance Rayder being anything other than a lowborn bastard raised at the wall.

Gendry ending up as anything other than a blacksmith.

Victarion and Euron not killing each other.

Jaime or Tyrion killing Cersei (I do think that poetic justice demands Cersei to die, but I think there are a host of other people who deserve to kill her more).

Sansa and Arya not getting over their childish "ughl, silly lady/ugh,dirty tomboy" thing (I do agree however that Arya has no real place in Westeros. I'm afraid she's not going to make it out alive anyway).

Sansa being saved by the Hound/Jaime/Brienne yet again instead of saving herself.

Sansa not being the architect of LF's downfall.

The remaining members of the Starks being successfully instrumentalized by opposing sides of the conflict. Only the pack survives, damn it!

Not to keen on Tyrion ending up with Penny, Sansa ending up with the Hound or Jon ending up with Dany either, but I guess I would get over it eventually.

(According to GRRM, this actresses looks “exactly like Brienne.” If so, I can only assume that his definition of “ugly” = “clearly pretty girl sporting awful haircut and makeup job designed to make her look plain/ mannish.”)

I've seen this several times , but what's the context for this exactly? Certainly the show , I suppose. I'll go out on a limb and say that Martin is probably aware that TV ugly can be very different from usual ugly. Apart from the fact that she's way too pretty, the actress looks perfect for the role after all (with make up and costume of course). She's a convincing female knight.

If Jon some how ends up in love with Dany. No Bueno

Agree, no bueno. This plot development would make me gag.

Jaime or Tyrion killing Cersei (I do think that poetic justice demands Cersei to die, but I think there are a host of other people who deserve to kill her more).

Yes - I don't care about the valonqar of her prophecy. (I'm getting very tired of the prophecies.) I want different ends for the Lannister boys...ones that do not involve Cersei in any way. Both must to choose to put their love or hatred aside and move past her.

Bran remaining in that cave with BR. Just no! At least let him get to the Isle of Faces which is a much more pleasant place to pass the time.

Damphair, Euron or Victarion survive and are ruling in Pyke.

Sansa chooses to follow LF rather than exterminate him.

If Sansa gives her virginity to anyone but Sandor. I fear it might happen, that sleaze Littlefinger is not going to let her go. Or she might do something dumb, met some worthless but pretty Loras lookalike who will forget her right after he rolls on his back.

If Sansa gives her virginity to anyone but Sandor. I fear it might happen, that sleaze Littlefinger is not going to let her go. Or she might do something dumb, met some worthless but pretty Loras lookalike who will forget her right after he rolls on his back.

I would hate Sansa and Sandor as anything else than a complicated relationship of guardian and conscience.

And the idea that a girl or woman "gives her virginity" as a gift to whomever is a rather sad and weak one.

Sansa, like any woman, should not make herself "a gift" to anyone, she should start to make claims, to demand something from life with noise and thunder, to claim her right to fuck whomever she wants, for love or fun or politics, not make herself a courteous ladylike gift to some hero at sunset at the beach.

Go girl, fuck Littlefinger but fuck him over.

Or she might do something dumb, met some worthless but pretty Loras lookalike who will forget her right after he rolls on his back.

Probably still preferable to a marriage to someone who has severe PTSD and general anger management issues.

A first time not leading to long-term committment is not the worst fate in the world. If that Loras-look-alike is someone she's at least vaguely into and not in a position to threaten her and not violent, I'd say that would be a pretty optimistic scenario for Sansa.

If it turns out that Cersei is a born-evil character who killed her friend (Mellara?) as a child. It would piss me off intensely.

If the part where Cersei remembers her friend screaming from down the well doesn´t convince you, what will?

If the part where Cersei remembers her friend screaming from down the well doesn´t convince you, what will?

I am not going to take it as fact until it's written on the page. At one point, I thought Davos was dead. I thought Theon was dead, and that Sansa had forgotten who she was.

At one point, I believed Jon Snow was untouchable as far as characters went, and that Lysa was simply a crazy, overly (way overly) protective mama.

You could be right, and Cersei could be a coldblooded killer of young girls...but then, you could be wrong, also. We may never know.

Arya Stark becoming a Faceless Man... Faceless Girl. Any sort of assassin. And worse getting assigned to do away Daenerys Targaryen.

Daenerys Targaryen never getting to land in Westeros and/or ending up with Jorah Mormont/Tyrion Lannister/Jon Snow/Euron Greyjoy/Victarion Greyjoy.

Doran Martell dying before some big action to fulfill his plans (allied Targaryen and Martell army going against the Lannisters)

Jaime Lannister falls in love/ends up with/makes out with/marries/all Brienne of Tarth.

Brienne of Tarth survives. And worse, survives as a virgin.

Littlefinger get through without losing a copper or a little finger.

Jon Snow being Eddard Stark and Ashara Dayne/Wylla's bastard son.

UnCat survives.

Tyrion Lannister turns out to be Aerys Targaryen and Joanna Lannister's son (Tywin turns out to have murdered Joanna for this)

Stannis/Tommen/Myrcella Baratheon wins the Iron Throne.

Victarion/Euron/Aeron survives.

Sansa Stark becomes a 'player'/saves herself/starts demanding something/becomes Arianne Martell, Cersei Lannister, Daenerys Targaryen, Asha Greyjoy the Second of Her Name.

Sandor Clegane doesn't bed Sansa.

Tyrell/Rickon/Sandor chapter.

Septa Lemore is Ashara Dayne. (Or if Septa Lemore is Ashara Dayne, then please, Mance Rayder is Rhaegar Targaryen and Quaithe is Elia Martell)

That should be all, I think...

I am not going to take it as fact until it's written on the page. At one point, I thought Davos was dead. I thought Theon was dead, and that Sansa had forgotten who she was.

At one point, I believed Jon Snow was untouchable as far as characters went, and that Lysa was simply a crazy, overly (way overly) protective mama.

You could be right, and Cersei could be a coldblooded killer of young girls...but then, you could be wrong, also. We may never know.

AFFC: p. 583-584

"The maegi." The words came tumbling out of her. She could still hear Melara Heatherspoon insisting that if they never spoke about the prophecies, they would not come true. She was not so silent in the well, though. She screamed and shouted.

Edit: Or do you require Cersei thinking/saying "I, Cersei Lannister, killed my friend Melara Heatherspoon when I was a young girl. I pushed her down a well and listened to her screams until she drowned. Her crime was that she had a crush on my twin brother and that she annoyed me with the talk of Maggys prophecy"?

I would hate Sansa and Sandor as anything else than a complicated relationship of guardian and conscience.

And the idea that a girl or woman "gives her virginity" as a gift to whomever is a rather sad and weak one.

Sansa, like any woman, should not make herself "a gift" to anyone, she should start to make claims, to demand something from life with noise and thunder, to claim her right to fuck whomever she wants, for love or fun or politics, not make herself a courteous ladylike gift to some hero at sunset at the beach.

Go girl, fuck Littlefinger but fuck him over.

Tbh, i'm not against the notion of SanSan, I just can't see them in a longterm relationship.

he's way too damaged and I feel his need in the plot will be over once unGregor is dead.

But i think they really need a reunion moment and I'd be very disappointed if they won't before the end of the series.

I very much agree about the whole virginity thing: if she really has sex before the end of the series I'd want her to take initiative, no matter what the purpose is (manipulating Lf or just have a sexy good time with someone she likes or any other reason).

I don't think anything could ruin the characters for me, but I'd think GRRM's writing would be very chepeaned by the following events:

-discovery that Tyrion is a secret Targ: the poetic, greek tragedy style justice of him killing Tywin would be ruined.

-Tyrion/Penny

-Jon/Dany together on the Iron Throne (if R+L=J is true she's his aunt!!!)

If Jon is unmistakably identified as AA, literally draws a magic sword from the flames, calls himself Targaryen, rides a dragon, and becomes the true, rightful, and just King of Westeros, loved by all.

I'm okay with him doing/being any of those things, btw, just not all of them together.

Basically, if Jon stops being Jon and becomes Every Hero Ever.

Yes, Tyrion and Penny as "ship" is really dumb imo.

Two people who have virtually nothing in common should be lovers for the only reason that they are of the same height?

That's as stupid as shipping them together because they have the same colour of skin.

Archived