Moments of Foreshadowing 2

Ice Turtle

this was pry done but....

The old gods

stir and will not let me sleep,” she heard the woman say. “I dreamt I saw a shadow with a

burning heart butchering a golden stag, aye. I dreamt of a man without a face, waiting on a

bridge that swayed and swung. On his shoulder perched a drowned crow with seaweed hanging

from his wings. I dreamt of a roaring river and a woman that was a fish. Dead she drifted, with

red tears on her cheeks, but when her eyes did open, oh, I woke from terror. All this I dreamt,

and more. Do you have gifts for me, to pay me for my dreams?”

first one is renly's death

last is obviously cat

the middle seems to b balon and euron or i guess a faceless man hired to kill balon with the crowes eye on on his shoulder....something about the seaweed doesen's sit right with me though..........i dunno

this was pry done but....

The old gods

stir and will not let me sleep,” she heard the woman say. “I dreamt I saw a shadow with a

burning heart butchering a golden stag, aye. I dreamt of a man without a face, waiting on a

bridge that swayed and swung. On his shoulder perched a drowned crow with seaweed hanging

from his wings. I dreamt of a roaring river and a woman that was a fish. Dead she drifted, with

red tears on her cheeks, but when her eyes did open, oh, I woke from terror. All this I dreamt,

and more. Do you have gifts for me, to pay me for my dreams?”

first one is renly's death

last is obviously cat

the middle seems to b balon and euron or i guess a faceless man hired to kill balon with the crowes eye on on his shoulder....something about the seaweed doesen's sit right with me though..........i dunno

Because he's drowned. He is the Ironborn who is referred to as a "crow", and the seaweed is the thing that distinguishes him from the NW brothers, who are also "crows".

Because he's drowned. He is the Ironborn who is referred to as a "crow", and the seaweed is the thing that distinguishes him from the NW brothers, who are also "crows".

i like that except to me it seemed being drowned already stated that, why refer to it twice? maybe im just diggin to deep haha i just felt like there was a little something i missed

I just found one this morning re-reading AGoT, though I'm sure it's been pointed out, I was excited.

During Tyrion and Bronn's camp out, Tyrion told the Tysh story. Bronn commented at the end 13 or 30 he would have killed the man that did that to him. Tyrion replies that you still might get that chance. Sounded like he was talking to Bronn, but he could have been half-talking to himself. He also mentioned wishing his father dead while on trial at the Vale. It sounds to me Tyrion has been looking forward to the chance he got in ASoS for a while.

i like that except to me it seemed being drowned already stated that, why refer to it twice? maybe im just diggin to deep haha i just felt like there was a little something i missed

Oh yes, that's right. Maybe it's just imagery to add to the description.

Or, maybe not, I think I got it! Maybe it's a reference to him being king - the seaweed = the driftwood crown! Yep, I think that's it, I'm a little proud of myself :D

The FM is standing on the bridge, I would assume after the kill, so technically the king is dead and is king no more, thus clearing the way for Euron - the crow, and the seaweed symbolizes the driftwood crown.

Oh yes, that's right. Maybe it's just imagery to add to the description.

Or, maybe not, I think I got it! Maybe it's a reference to him being king - the seaweed = the driftwood crown! Yep, I think that's it, I'm a little proud of myself :D

The FM is standing on the bridge, I would assume after the kill, so technically the king is dead and is king no more, thus clearing the way for Euron - the crow, and the seaweed symbolizes the driftwood crown.

i like it

I HOPE this one will eventually be foreshadowing ;)

'Outside, Jon looked up at the Wall shining in the sun, the melting ice creeping down its side in a hundred thin fingers. Jon's rage was such that he would have smashed it all in an instant, and the world be damned'.

I think Euron will eventually attack Oldtown, and Sam will partake in the battle.

It may be Sam who kills Euron, possibly showing his improved skills at archery. Euron's nickname "Crow's Eye" may be hinting at his demise: having his remaining eye taken out by a crow.

i've thought this too, lots of archery foreshadowing in Sam's chapters starting with the prologue in SOS

Personally, I'd like to see Tysha pay her own debt to Tyrion. In full. With a crossbow.

Unfortunately, I don't think we'll ever see the unnamed sex slave of Illario's whom Tyrion threatened to rape and possibly murder (and presumably returned to do the former; GRRM apparently doesn't think it important enough to tell us); or anyone to avenge Shae. I honestly don't think that GRRM considers either of these deeds evil, or something that Tyrion has to be redeemed for.

He'll surely end up alone and lonely at the end of the novel (but materially successful), however, I'd guess that that was just another device to inspire yet more pity for poor little Tyrion.

I don't think GRRM is unaware of Tyrion's corruption. Sometimes I write fiction, and whenever I produce a character who is all I want to be (and therefore betrays my desires to everyone) I destroy her, leave her hollow or incompetent or corrupt. That leaves me less naked in front of my audience and takes away the suspicion of the character beng a Mary Sue. Also, it makes her more real. I suspect GRRM has done just the same while constructing Tyrion.

I think Euron will eventually attack Oldtown, and Sam will partake in the battle.

It may be Sam who kills Euron, possibly showing his improved skills at archery. Euron's nickname "Crow's Eye" may be hinting at his demise: having his remaining eye taken out by a crow.

Or it may be how Arya comes back to Westeros, as the prophecised FM on a bridge with the drowned crow on its shoulder?

The neatest bit of foreshadowing is so blatant and obvious I am surprised it has not yet been mentioned. How many times have people said "the Wall will stand as long as there is a Stark in Winterfell and the Night's Watch remains true." Both conditions are no longer met. The wall is toast.

The neatest bit of foreshadowing is so blatant and obvious I am surprised it has not yet been mentioned. How many times have people said "the Wall will stand as long as there is a Stark in Winterfell and the Night's Watch remains true." Both conditions are no longer met. The wall is toast.

I've posted several times that the Night's Watch is as good as gone, too corrupt and divided to be useful any more, but it's not a very popular opinion. I'm glad to see someone of a more-or-less like mind. Indeed, the Wall is toast.

I've posted several times that the Night's Watch is as good as gone, too corrupt and divided to be useful any more, but it's not a very popular opinion. I'm glad to see someone of a more-or-less like mind. Indeed, the Wall is toast.

No, it isn't just you. I've agreed with it for a long time. I think there are lots of things wrong with it beyond what you mentioned.

Or it may be how Arya comes back to Westeros, as the prophecised FM on a bridge with the drowned crow on its shoulder?

That vision was a Faceless Man hired by Euron assassinating Balon. Balon supposedly died walking on a bridge that collapsed, and the Faceless Man was waiting for someone walking on that bridge in the vision.

The Rains of Castemere

This song was playing at the red wedding as they started to kill all the guests.

We know that the BwB is killing all the Freys

Didnt they also play this song at the purple wedding?

Yes, Lady Olenna called for the song to be played; supposedly at the same time she dropped the poison in Joffrey's chalice.

Yes, Lady Olenna called for the song to be played; supposedly at the same time she dropped the poison in Joffrey's chalice.

If it was true that Tytells are more devious than I thought, I always took them for too pragmatic to making joke of Lannisters while killing them.

I have this from SimonSez in another thread, but Sansa and Swocastle can be understood as foreshadowing. The giant which is original sigil of house Baelish destroys snow Winterfell as Petyr is the man most responsible for end of Sansa's idyllic childhood and family. It ends with Sansa beheading the giant. Though IIRC Sansa comments on snow tasting of innocence so LF may be also responsible from destroying her innocence maybe even in sexual sense.

Though I still think the giant from Bran's dream is UnGregor.

Archived