Ruby Slippers, Sapphire Stilletos & Fancy Clothes

Lilith of Tarth

Yag., I understand. It's one thing for me to schlepp around at home in unattractive shoes/togs, but I just feel better about the world and my place in it when I know I look my best.

Hair and shoes are a big part of that. And I am now officially madly in love with those Old Gringo red ankle boots that I linked up thread.

• 2 months later...

The "appearance" thread was creating some cool ads on my sidebar for some lovely dresses.

I want this dress. I would look so lovely in it.

What fancy clothes are you drooling over?

Ooooh that is pretty! Love the name.

I'm not drooling over fancy clothes, just finding clothes that FIT would be nice. Nine months after a baby and my body, she is still not right.

I'm drooling over every cute item because I'm fat and bloated and everything is either shittily-made or overpriced.

Shoes. Shoes are my only hope. And not even then, as I'm deathly afraid that I'll go from a 6 to a 6.5, and my life will be ruined. I already went from a 5.5 to a 6. I DO NOT WANT TO BE A 6.5.

Edit: That being said, I do need to shop for a recital dress, as my students are having a recital next Saturday and showing up with maternity yoga pants isn't the impression I'd like to make on the parents.

Surprisingly, JC Penny has some really pretty, semi-fancy maturnity dresses (and on sale---I get sale e-mails and I can't help looking at everything)

hard to believe I spend most days in sweats now, I am such a clothes hound. (being in sweats means that I can do random exercises throughout the day---mostly punching/kicking bag stuff)

Archived