If Stannis wife dies at the wall, would he remarry and who could he remarry?

total1402

Funny I would never trust a maester. I think its obvious grey scale turns the people into something as bad as a wight except they have stone flesh. I don't see why throw it in that val thinks shireen is a sick little girl and that the grey sickness could come back. I could definitely see her becoming sick again if her character lives long enough too. She's a pathetic heir.

She's disfigured but the Greyscale is gone and I don't see how being disfigured makes her an bad heir.

There are different forms of Greyscale and children who survived the less aggressive form of Greyscale are

immune against the mortal form.

There is no hint that it ever came back in anybody, so why would it in Shireen? If anything, Shireen will survive an

epidemic caused by e.g JonCon.

Well, Manderly seems to be setting itself up to be the most powerful house in the North and it arguably is at the minute militarily and certainly economiclly.One of them becoming Queen would be a nice "payment" for their services in addition to getting a Wolf back in Winterfell. Unless they want the daughter to marry Rickon of course.

Oh gods, don't do this to me! I hate this political matchmaking - Wynafryd is 19, Wylla is 15, and Rickon is 7. It would almost as ridiculous as Margaery/Tommen. Their emotional bond would be that of a mother and son, not husband and wife. Also, the girl would have to remain celibate for gods know how long. Have mercy, people.

I don't think Stannis is going to marry again. He'll be probably glad he got rid of that first strange alien being what looked so different between the legs. Granted, he would do it if he felt it was neccessary to get support . . . although I'm not so sure when I think about it now. He would probably say they owe him support no matter what because he's their rightful king. He doesn't seem to care much for begetting a male heir either.

Edit: Very very bad grammar.

Oh gods, don't do this to me! I hate this political matchmaking - Wynafryd is 19, Wylla is 15, and Rickon is 7. It would almost as ridiculous as Margaery/Tommen. Their emotional bond would be that of a mother and son, not husband and wife. Also, the girl would have to remain celibate for gods know how long. Have mercy, people.

I don't think Stannis is going to marry again. He'll be probably get he is rid off that first strange alien being what looked so different between the legs than him. Granted, he would do it if he felt it was neccessary to get support . . . although I'm not so sure when I think about it now. He would probably say they owe him support no matter what because he's their rightful king. He doesn't seem to care much for begetting a male heir either.

Which in the show is a big motivating factor he's passionate about it, where as in the books...he's dutiful...at best...

There are different forms of Greyscale and children who survived the less aggressive form of Greyscale are

immune against the mortal form.

There is no hint that it ever came back in anybody, so why would it in Shireen? If anything, Shireen will survive an

epidemic caused by e.g JonCon.

Interesting thoughts on a JonCon epidemic, hadn't thought of that, I can actually see him inadvertantly killing Aegon because of it now.

Val seems pretty certain that Shireen is 'unclean', going as far as to say she needs given the mercy of death. Whether that means the disease is dormant or that she's still contagious is unknown. There may be nothing there but I think it's enough to assume that it's at least possible Greyscale can lie dormant or that children can be immune but remain infectious or something bad. Or maybe the wildlings just think it's a mercy to kill ugly people, who knows.

OT - If anything I think he would stay single, marry a Northerner (especially Arya or Sansa if their weddings were annuled, which as King I'm sure he could just order himself) or Margaery since she is still a virgin as far as we know. Then again a marriage to a princess of Dorne could be beneficial for alliances (both his and possible preventitive measures), tradition (the Targs were known to marry the Dornish) and for healing past grievances, since it was his brothers rebellion that killed Elia and Aegon etc. Of course, I doubt Dorne would agree.

Hell, he could marry a Frey for all i know, there's enough of them...

Then again I'd say Selyse is likely to outlive him anyway. (Off topic alittle but who is Selyse? What family is she from? I can't remember)

I think if she died, who Stannis would marry would depend on when she died.

For instance, if Rickon had been named Lord of Winterfell, Stannis would have no need for Sansa, but if Davos doesn't find him, Sansa would be a reasonable choice.

If Rickon is in place, Arianne might be a good call if Tommen has gotten dead as a way to shore up Dorne once Myrcella dies too. Otherwise, I can see Arianne going after Aegon.

Depending on the goings on, I can see Stannis staying single until it's all over and picking someone strategic once the dust settles, a la Robert and Cersei.

Stannis would be foolish not to marry again if he got the opportunity, and I don't think he's a fool. Marriages for lords in westeros are really about strategic unions and forging alliances, not romantic love ( not that Stannis is remotely interested in that anyway.)

I think it's more of a question, at least right now, of who would be willing to marry him. One of the Manderlys, maybe. But I don't see anybody from the great houses like the Martels or Tyrells going for it.

The only realistic ones are probably Val and Asha, although marrying prisoners wouldn't make him look good and I don't think he'd gain much. Margaery, Arianne, Sansa and Daenerys would all get him new allies but they're all out of his reach and I don't know if a marriage alliance with him would be that attractive at this point.

Other than that there's Melisandre, wouldn't get him any new allies but she's already unofficially his Red Queen so that'd be my guess.

I wanna say Arianne or Margaery, but neither are all that likely...

Arianne is supposed to marry fAegon, and even if that doesn't work out, I doubt Doran would ever allow his heir to marry a Baratheon.

And Margaery...I don't want that to happen. She's cursed.

But, why can't Stannis follow Doran's example and get a wife from Essos?

Archived