Favorite Villain

Commander Jon Snow

Who would you say is your favorite so far in the series (they can be dead or alive)? You can decide how you define villain.

For me, it's probably Tywin. His cold, calculating approach was scary to read about and while I was moving through the series, him being the mastermind of the Lannisters was what made me fear him (since I'm a Stark fan).

Hmm I was going to say that in a way, there really is no "villain" to the series. I mean at first knee jerk reaction, I would probably say Cersei, but even her motivations are that of just a very twisted and kind of sad upbringing. Her motivations are eventually fed by ego, yet she goes to great lengths to try and protect her children. In a way, she's just a misguided mother with a huge power trip. But think about it, she entered not only a loveless marriage, but a marriage where her husband openly loved another woman, and openly was not at all faithful to the marriage...that would mess people up.

After this analysis, my favorite villain has to be Robert Baratheon. The dude loved to war, and he did not really care how much blood he got on his hands as long as he felt it kept everything "peaceful". He beggared the realm too, and really did nothing to try and strengthen things politically. Plus he killed Rhaegar on the Trident, and love me some Rhaegar

I like your suggestion of Tywin. He's awesome in politics and battle, and the Red Wedding was, ultimately, a masterstroke.

But Petyr Baelish wins for me, I mean he's the archetypal Machiavellian character (Tywin could be to), and in my opinion, he's one of the best players of the game of thrones. Very much like Iago, he's creepy and ruthless. Well done GRRM, Baelish has been one of my favourite characters for a long time.

http://media.tumblr....ynFi1qbjuul.gif

I agree with most here and say Petyr. He's amazingly cunning and grossly under-estimated. I agree with you King of the Road, he very much reminds me of Iago!

Tywin comes a close second, mind... I hate the bastard for what he did to the Lannister boys, but that's what makes a good villain, right?

I've got to go with Varys. Right up until the end of aSoS he was right in the middle of just about everything, setting this one against that one, while keeping everyone else off balance. Most of the key players in the GOT thought that Varys was on his/her side at one time or another, when he was really just on his own side the whole time. His "little birds" continue to give him an information network second to none, and also do double duty as super secret assassins when need be. Even though he can no longer show his former council member persona in Kings Landing, he can still get to nearly everywhere, and more important, to nearly everyone, via his unrivaled knowledge of the secret passages within the Red Keep and his mummer's disguise skills.

Cersei, hands down. Just a real nasty piece of work, love reading about her, and her POV chapters when she is in power (not the Walk of Shame, obviously) are pure evil hilarity.

In a world of evil male scum like Roose Bolton and Ramsay Snow, Walder Frey, Euron Greyjoy, Gregor Clegane, Vargo Hoat, Littlefinger, etc, etc, she holds her own (place of infamy) as a woman, no easy feat!

I don't know if you'd consider him a major villian, but I'd go with Gregor. I really hate him, but as a villain, he's actually pretty cool. He's got this dark past and horrible temper that makes him creepy but interesting.

Gregor is certainly the scariest. Maybe tied with Ramsay. If the question was "who would make you shit your pants if you heard they were hunting you," those two would win. No contest.

Archived