Enough Already!

Winter's Knight

"From Pawn to Player: Rethinking Sansa v1000000000000x10^9"

I cringe each time I see the name. How can you talk so much about it??

It started off as a chapter by chapter re-read and then after that was finished it became a re-thinking thread analysing motifs and Sansa as a literary character. As it was one of the first to do this (there was the Dany one that sadly stopped half way through, and the excellent learning to lead and the current Tyrion re-read) it has now gone on to discuss a lot more i depth and look at character relationships, dynamics, cultural archetypes etc. Hopefully the other re-read threads will be just as successful.

I was being 100% serious. There's going to be proof in the crypts, and I'm going to weep tears of blood as I realise that GRRM has sold me a YA fantasy disguised as a fantastical rendition of the Wars of the Roses.

Yeah, but people might view it as fake still so don't worry. And there's the ceremony before the weirwood of Dorne. Bran might send the video to all the lords à la Stannis

Also, who is the rightful king/queen?

If that wretched throne is still existing by the end of the series I seriously doubt that whoever ends up sitting on will be because of the result of an extensive study of the laws of succesion

I was getting ready to type this exact same thing.

All the arguing over who has the best "claim" to the Iron Throne kills me. The one with the claim is the one who is willing and able to fight and conquer to get it. End of story. Might makes Right.

I detest that stupid chair :P

True, but now it's owned by Disney, it will have fluffy bunnies as side kicks and an adorable song and epic ballad to follow it.

Could you imagine GRRM selling ASOIAF to Disney?

It can't be worse than the ending of Return of the Jedi-the Empire was defeated by the TEDDY BEARS OF DOOM!

True, but now it's owned by Disney, it will have fluffy bunnies as side kicks and an adorable song and epic ballad to follow it.

Could you imagine GRRM selling ASOIAF to Disney?

Although....hasn't Disney already done one movie with lion incest? What would another be? :cool4:

Oh my goodness!

15. People trying to look clever by poking holes in R+L=J just to be anti-establishment — you don't look clever, you look like you haven't been paying any attention

That felt really good.

How 'bout if you just find it unappealing, don't want it to be true and find the evidence unconvincing?

Archived