Enough Already!

Winter's Knight

If anymore male characters get called gay based on the fact that they treat someone like a brother, I might well have to go and have a nice long therapeutic hike.

I have a brother, and I'd never think of describing him as being "muscled like a maiden's fancy", "a horned god" with "eyes blue and clear as mountain lakes".

What? No "I hate Ashara threads"? :P

Don't remind them....... no....... no............

IT'S TOO LATE! There's now millions of ghosts swarming me.... whispering.... Ashara is your mother... also your sister..... she's Spet Lamore... and Sansa.... and Myrcella.....

Thanks for that, now I'm haunted again.

I have a brother, and I'd never think of describing him as being "muscled like a maiden's fancy", "a horned god" with "eyes blue and clear as mountain lakes".

Wait, wait, wait. Could Winter's Knight be truly a man?

Anyway, boys who tend to grew up together from childhood to adulthood in challenging environment have most of the times, this kind of bromance.

Actually, one other thing I detest is the threads complaining about changes, even minor ones, to the TV series. Whilst I love the books, I think that some people don't understand that the TV series is 'adapted' from A Song of Ice and Fire, not copied. There have to be some changes in order to keep the plot moving at a quick pace to satisfy the majority of the TV audience who have not actually read the books.

Ooh, I am loving this thread. Here are my pet hates:

-San/San. Yeah, there's a connection with them, whatever, I just do not care.

-Stark incest. No.

-Numerous secret Targ theories. I go no further than R+L=J.

-"Aegon is legit!" People, Aegon is fake, and Illyrio is not Rhaegar.

-"Ned was stoooooopid and deserved to die", or any "X Stark deserved to die" threads.

Worst of all are the "Syrio is X" threads. Whenever any new Braavosi is introduced people try and bend the situation to make it Syrio. Come on, people, it is actually possible that there is more than one Braavosi in existence.

Actually, one other thing I detest is the threads complaining about changes, even minor ones, to the TV series. Whilst I love the books, I think that some people don't understand that the TV series is 'adapted' from A Song of Ice and Fire, not copied. There have to be some changes in order to keep the plot moving at a quick pace to satisfy the majority of the TV audience who have not actually read the books.

+1. Most of it is just people playing spot the difference, i.e. "I'm the best ASOIAF fan that ever lived because I noticed that they changed a minor character's hair colour and hear my argument as to how this undermines the entire story." Urgh. Granted, complaints on some deviations have been justifiable, but most of the time it's just insufferably nitpicky.

Anyway, boys who tend to grew up together from childhood to adulthood in challenging environment have most of the times, this kind of bromance.

Yes, it's an obvious, natural progression from "challenging childhood inducing brotherly closeness" to descriptions of said companion as a "horned god."

- Sansan, Arya & Gendry, Jaime and Brienne or any other who'll end up with who topics.

- People confusing theories for truth. There's no Aegon Blackfyre/Whatever or Jon Targaryen until the books prove otherwise

- Jon & Dany ending up ruling Westeros together

"From Pawn to Player: Rethinking Sansa v1000000000000x10^9"

I cringe each time I see the name. How can you talk so much about it??

Well some might argue how can you talk so much about a book series, if you can talk about a series, it makes sense to talk about a character.

I never post in those threads but I love them because they are one of the very few instances with real character analysis.

"From Pawn to Player: Rethinking Sansa v1000000000000x10^9"

I cringe each time I see the name. How can you talk so much about it??

Have you read or browsed through the threads? They are not all specifically about Sansa. Lots of other character and theme analysis going on in those threads (Tze had one of the most brilliant pieces regarding Jon). Quite a few very interesting topics have been started over what was discussed in the Pawn to Player threads.

Yes, it's an obvious, natural progression from "challenging childhood inducing brotherly closeness" to descriptions of said companion as a "horned god."

If I say that a girl or woman is beautiful or sexy or has a great body, does that make me a lesbian? Of course not. It is just something I acknowledge. Ned knew many girls were attracted to Robert. It would be weird if he didn't say something about it, even more because he himself wasn't such a 'horned god'. ;)

Robert was all that Ned wanted to be in ways. He was the heir to a powerful family. He was loud,charasmatic, boisterous, good with the ladies and hadnt a shy bone in his body. Ned naturally enough looked up to him and may have had some bromantic thoughts about him. Doesnt mean he loves him in anyway other then as a brother. They fought a war together to protect eachother and their families. Calling someone muscled like a maidens fancy doesnt make you that maiden. Its an odd choice of words, granted. I have nothing against bi or homo men or women, i think Jon Conn is a great character. Nedbert is pure and utter fanfic though, but work away!

Archived