Enough Already!

Winter's Knight

Those are particularly galling, I have to agree. On a related note, the "Ned is as good a swordsman as Arthur Dayne/Barristan Selmy and better than Jaime Lannister," arguments which seem to be based on no evidence whatsoever.

True enough. I like Ned alot but trying to make him an exceptional swordsman while he was just good is ridiculous. It's like X-Factor in Westeros

Those are particularly galling, I have to agree. On a related note, the "Ned is as good a swordsman as Arthur Dayne/Barristan Selmy and better than Jaime Lannister," arguments which seem to be based on no evidence whatsoever.

Spot on. I have great love for the Ned, his relationship with Cat and his parenting skills, but hes not a great swordsman. Probably above average but not Jaime standard. Hes a general and thats that

• Any "who would win in a sword fight" thread. I don't read them, but I'm tired of seeing them.
  • I'm really afraid to say this one because we haven't seen it in a while, so I'll just say it quietly and hope that no one gets any ideas: Threads that are devoted to the idea that Cat was an evil abuser towards Jon.
  • Crackpipe © damn_999 theory threads. These are usually X is alive type threads.
  • Secret Targs. I'd rather see more Secret Starks or Secret Arryn threads considering these are two bloodlines that are actually dying out whereas there are at least two houses that descend from Targs.

There are probably more but I don't read half of the threads. I wish I was one of those math-statistic-whatever-it's-called persons because I have this (crackpipe?) theory that there is a very specific cycle for when annoying thread topics are recycled. Some are on a weekly cycle, others a monthly one. I'm pretty sure the mods have something to do with it. :P

I'm a bit fed up with having to explain again and again that the TV show is not the same as the books. And that differences are not GRRM having realized that the story "should be rewritten that way" but that they are decided on by a TV crew in view of a TV audience (often against George's reservations).

And this. It makes me grind my teeth harder than Stannis when I have to explain that the show is not the books.

The dragons and grumkins and snarks oh my syndrome. I can enjoy reading the ideas and theories and even throw in my own but it gets goofy. Not every single statement in the books needs to have a mystical magical mysterious significance. If even a quarter of this shit that gets talked about ended up being true these books would be nowhere near Gandalf and so much more harry potter on a bad acid trip.

The need to take a favorite character and turn them into an idealized immaculate conception with perfect hair forever that can do no wrong and does it with a heroic smirk. Anything and everything is justified in the name of smoothing their flaws and blemishes and it does a disservice to the author. Everybody has flaws. They do bad shit. Victories are often won by those who fuck up the least.

I'm a bit fed up with having to explain again and again that the TV show is not the same as the books. And that differences are not GRRM having realized that the story "should be rewritten that way" but that they are decided on by a TV crew in view of a TV audience (often against George's reservations).

That'll make your eye twitch for sure and this fucking site doesn't help because now you have people saying 'well the wiki says it's canon'. And unfortunately there are a lot of people that just accept the written word as gospel.

T-Canon or Television Canon is content that is seen or created for the HBO television series Game of Thrones. Content seen in the series that is not directly contradictory to M-Canon content is considered officially correct within the series. However, any changes or alterations within the series are overridden by M-Canon (for example character ages, or unwritten deaths seen in the show

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Help:Referencing_and_Canon

Hey butterbumps!, I saw you mention in another thread that you believe Mance likes Jon, like really like likes him. Maybe that should be the next Nedbert?

lol, no, WK wrote an OP for me and Tag already on this subject. Problem is, I have a major investment in Mance not being gay. That's the only one I fought against in Nedberttm despite the loads of evidence pointing toward it.

beaten by wk

Personally reading anything to do with Azor Ahai Reborn or lightbringer being such and such a person or such and such a sword. I just generally don't like picking prophecies apart but that one's the most annoying.

And yeah all of the secret Targ and x character is actually y character threads are a bit much.

Archived