Trebuchets of the Yunkaii

rmholt

I believe they contain the 3 hostages, the two from Dorne and one other, perhaps Tatters.

The flux has already entered Meereen and carried off some if not all of the Blue Graces. So I dont like the idea of biological warfare as much.

I believe they contain the 3 hostages, the two from Dorne and one other, perhaps Tatters.

The flux has already entered Meereen and carried off some if not all of the Blue Graces. So I dont like the idea of biological warfare as much.

The Mongols would fling corpses infected with the Black Plague over city walls with catapults.

They contain plague victims. I'm pretty sure this is confirmed in one of the WoW preview chapters, either Tyrion or Victarion.

Also, why would six trebuchets be used for three hostages?

They were cut in two. Call it, heads or tails.

(Sorry, I had a dentist's appointment today and it's affecting my sense of humor.)

Why hasn't the Yunkai started bombarding Meereen with the dead corpses already? They already declared war, once all their troops are aligned to attempt a breach it will be too late to use biological warfare then.

Might they not have had the idea before now?

Ah, found it:

http://nicklarter.livejournal.com/7121.html

They contain plague victims. I'm pretty sure this is confirmed in one of the WoW preview chapters, either Tyrion or Victarion.

Also, why would six trebuchets be used for three hostages?

That was a sticker for me until I realized Selmy sent Drink and the other Dornish guy over to the Yunkai with some proposal. I thought the Green Grace would be #6 but she came back. So I am thinking another of the Dornish fake deserters or the Tattered Prince.

Also the flux is already in the city - the Blue Graces are thought to already be dead from treating victims.

If you have a reference I would be happy to see it

That was a sticker for me until I realized Selmy sent Drink and the other Dornish guy over to the Yunkai with some proposal. I thought the Green Grace would be #6 but she came back. So I am thinking another of the Dornish fake deserters or the Tattered Prince.

Also the flux is already in the city - the Blue Graces are thought to already be dead from treating victims.

If you have a reference I would be happy to see it

I already posted it: http://nicklarter.li...l.com/7121.html

The Green Grace is the Harpy so I'm highly skeptical that the Yunkai guys would do anything to her, given that she's kind of on their side at this point.

I already posted it: http://nicklarter.li...l.com/7121.html

The Green Grace is the Harpy so I'm highly skeptical that the Yunkai guys would do anything to her, given that she's kind of on their side at this point.

Thanks. I guess it would be picky of me to suggest that subsequent batches could be plague victims after the hostages came over.

Intriguing that the Green Grace is the Harpy. Is this your own insight? Pretty good.

I've been away - life calls. So I missed stuff

Thanks. I guess it would be picky of me to suggest that subsequent batches could be plague victims after the hostages came over.

... Yes.

Intriguing that the Green Grace is the Harpy. Is this your own insight? Pretty good.

I'm not the only one to come to that conclusion, no. But I think it's pretty much a safe bet.

What would be a good strategy o the Yunkai front is just to surround the city, cut off supplies and basically turn Mereen into Astapor. Not to allow them out. I would keep throwing diseased bodies at them.

Easier said than done. Meereen isn't Astapor. First, Meereen is near the Skahazadhan, so they can't have problems with the drinking water..... of course, it's not really clean water but they can boil it and they will not die of thirst. Second, we know from the beginning that Meereen has vast supplies of food, that is why they attack it in the first place :). In the end Meereen might have the same faith as Astapor, but the siege could last years, and Daenerys has a strong army inside, she can make a sortie at any time.... it's very hard to keep your army alert with a siege that lasts that long. And of course you can't rely on a plague, because if it kills both your armies you are both losers.

I've been away - life calls. So I missed stuff

Here's the thread for the theory

Hostages are best killed visibly. Flinging people is a high profile way of saying "we've killed SOMEBODY!", but it has the side effect of making them go Splat, which usually makes the corpses unrecognizable. So it'd be a waste of the hostages to fling them like that. But it'd be a perfectly good use for plague corpses who are already unrecognaizable from disease and because they're nobodys.

And by the end of ADWD, aren't we all desperately hoping that SOMETHING happens soon???? Martin is no doubt aware of this, so I'm certain those were plague bodies he sent flying into the city. It's like Martin's promise to us that the resolution of all this buildup is now going to start happening, "Honest!" It's the perfect cliff-hanger, because it by definition ends the waiting game Meereen has been playing. They're no longer in a bind that's merely uncomfortable; they're dead unless they act. This forces them to take the offensive if they want to survive. They have to leave the city, which is now screwed, and win their way out of plague territory by going straight through the seige camp. It'll be old man Selmy's last big hurrah as he leads the charge and earns glory.

Archived